E-Bad gets a summer job

Basden listed on Mavericks Summer League roster

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/070307dnspomavsbriefs.366d6cd.html

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;246348]Basden listed on Mavericks Summer League roster

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/070307dnspomavsbriefs.366d6cd.html[/QUOTE]

Sweet!! Man I would love to see Eddie playing in the NBA. He deserves it! When he was getting some playing time with the Bulls I saw a couple of highlights where he made SportsCenter and he was running some fellow NBAers. Here’s to Eddie

EDDIE! EDDIE! EDDIE! EDDIE! EDDIE!..

:clap: :toast: :thumbsup: :49ers:

Hopefully he’ll get some chances to lock down Rayshawn Terry.

Hopefully Avery Johnson sees some Bruce Bowen in him and he makes the roster, since Bowen and Johnson were teammates for some time.

nice find. best of luck Eddie

What’s the pay for this gig?

[QUOTE=49er1;246387]What’s the pay for this gig?[/QUOTE]
I’m sure they cover room and food expenses out there, and that’s probably about it.

What's the pay for this gig?

NFL players get $10,000 a week if they are invited to training camp. I imagine the NBA teams give something similar, though probably less for summer league play. Still, he’s making more money in a week than I am, that’s for sure.

[SIZE=+2][B][B]No stopping Pops in Mavs' summer opener[/B]

[/B][/SIZE] [SIZE=-1][B]03:35 AM CDT on Wednesday, July 4, 2007

[/B][/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News
[B]esefko@dallasnews.com[/B]
[/SIZE] The Mavericks need to get more athletic and stronger at their big positions and are gauging free-agent possibilities to that end.
But closer to home, a pair of players who may be battling for playing time next season were showing their stuff Tuesday night.
And in Pops Mensah-Bonsu’s case, his stuffs, his blocks and his defense.
Mensah-Bonsu turned in the performance of the night as the Mavericks’ summer-league team made its debut with a 105-100 victory over China’s national team in an exhibition at Moody Coliseum.
Mensah-Bonsu has more than a clue about what will keep him on the Mavericks’ roster next season. Offensive rebounding, defense and blocked shots are the keys.
The fact that he overshadowed rookie Nick Fazekas, who also plays power forward, doesn’t hurt Mensah-Bonsu’s standing.
“That’s what they’ve told me to work on from the start,” he said. “I have to be an active, energy guy. That’s what I do. Offensive rebounding and defense.”
And some scoring, too. Mensah-Bonsu had a string of highlights against China on his way to a team-high 24 points. Tops on the list was a catch of a missed Fazekas 3-pointer. He followed it with a monster slam-dunk on which he was fouled for a three-point play.
Of his 10 rebounds, eight came on the offensive end. Fazekas finished with 14 points and three rebounds.
One of the quality moments for the 6-9 Mensah-Bonsu came in the second quarter when he rejected Yi Jianlian, the No. 6 overall pick in last week’s draft.
The nice-sized crowd at Moody Coliseum roared its approval.
MIKE STONE / Special to DMN
Mavericks guard J.J. Barea drives past Wang Zhizhi of the Chinese National Team.

The Mavericks will be taking a good, long look at Mensah-Bonsu this summer, as well as point guard J.J. Barea. The team must decide in August whether to exercise options for next season on both. The decision on Barea must come by Aug. 1. For Mensah-Bonsu, it's Aug. 31. 
        If they are not guaranteed a second season, they will be come        unrestricted free agents.     
  "I want to make it so there is no doubt in their mind," he said. "I don't want any gray area. I definitely want to be a Maverick next season."</blockquote> 

No mention of Basden

10 - Eddie Basden, G, 6-5

I knew Basden had a rep for playing defense before I watched the game, and he lived up to that rep. He was very active defensively in the time he was in the game. However, he was forced to handle the point guard duties when he was in there as well, and he looked very uncomfortable doing that. He is basically just a defensive role player. Not much else.

Way to go EDDIE!!

I’m a big Eddie fan, but lets face it if he can’t shoot the ball he will never be a staple on an NBA team. Bruce Bowen is a lock down defender but he can also shoot the 3. Eddie is a liability on offense at this point.

It took Bowen some time to make a mark in the league…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_Bowen

Weird thing about Bowen to is that he really only has success hitting 3s from the corners. It’s strange.

They play at 3:00 today… GO GET EM EDDIE!

Summer League Game 1 for Eddie B

5:39 playing time. 0-1 FG, 1 Assist, 1 Foul, 1 Turnover.

I didn’t realize that EB played for the 66ers.

[URL=http://www.nba.com/summerleague2007/players/index.jsp?player=eddie_basden]http://www.nba.com/summerleague2007/players/index.jsp?player=eddie_basden[/URL]

Rodney White is on Lakers summer league roster.

[QUOTE=Mike_Persinger;247144]Rodney White is on Lakers summer league roster.[/QUOTE]

I guess when Kobe heard that they picked up Rodney for their summer league team he rescinded his trade demands and apologized to the GM.

Jordan & Pippen…Kobe & White