Early look at the Postseason

Katz chimes in on some of the early NCAA tournament favorites.
More philosophic than the numbers-oriented Lunardi.

Katz: Tournament check

Charlotte: Won at Indiana on a buzzer beater, won road games at Valparaiso and at Davidson to stay undefeated on the road. Lost a triple overtime game to Alabama at home and a game to Rutgers at home so the 49ers are looking strong.”

[b]The RPI doesn't mean squat right now and won't until things start to really shake out by February. It probably would only make sense to look at the RPI in February, not November, December or January.[/b]

Another interesting piece from that article.

[b]The safe bets are likely Louisville, Charlotte, Cincinnati and probably Marquette. UAB, DePaul, Memphis and anyone else has to proof it even more in the league.

[/b]

And another.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Jan 5 2005, 04:44 PM [b]"[b]Charlotte:[/b] Won at Indiana on a buzzer beater, won road games at Valparaiso and at Davidson to stay undefeated on the road. Lost a triple overtime game to Alabama at home and a game to Rutgers at home so the 49ers are looking strong."[/b]
Amazing how different things can look from an outsider's POV. Also pretty amazing when you concentrate on what we HAVE done rather than what we have NOT done this year.
[i]Originally posted by NinerUpNorth[/i]@Jan 5 2005, 04:49 PM [b]
[b]The safe bets are likely Louisville, Charlotte, Cincinnati and probably Marquette. UAB, DePaul, Memphis and anyone else has to proof it even more in the league.

[/b]

And another. [/b]

I would think Marquette may have a bit of prooving to do as well. Their NC schedule looked like a Calipari Special, circa '00-'02.