Eddie Basden in the NBA

I know this topic has been discussed in the past but who here thinks that Eddie Basden will play in the NBA?
If he keeps playing the way he does thru the season and the niners make some noise in March and get some national exposure then I think that Eddie will have a good chance to make a NBA roster.

I guess the biggest question is his shooting. We all know he is a lockdown defender, a great rebounder for his size and he is also very unselfish and he is ver athletic. He is averaging 15ppg this season, on some nice %, if he looked to score more im sure he would be around 20ppg.

Wot do you guys think ???

If Galen Young and DeMarco Johnson are not in the NBA than expect Eddie Basden to miss out. He may be a better defender then those 2…but I think he’d get hammered by most small forwards in the league.

With that said, I’d love to see Eddie develop and make a roster.

I would have said he has a good shot before I saw what Kenny Winston did…time will tell. I hope he does.

Not sure about the NBA, but Eddie is definitely putting himself in serious contention for C-USA Player of the Year.

[i]Originally posted by Basden05[/i]@Dec 16 2004, 02:32 AM [b] I know this topic has been discussed in the past but who here thinks that Eddie Basden will play in the NBA? If he keeps playing the way he does thru the season and the niners make some noise in March and get some national exposure then I think that Eddie will have a good chance to make a NBA roster.

I guess the biggest question is his shooting. We all know he is a lockdown defender, a great rebounder for his size and he is also very unselfish and he is ver athletic. He is averaging 15ppg this season, on some nice %, if he looked to score more im sure he would be around 20ppg.

Wot do you guys think ??? [/b]

He had an NBDL guy looking at him last game. THat is probably the best he can hope for besides going to europe.

I think Eddie will go to Europe and make a killing like a lot of them do. Henry Williams got filthy rich over there.

There are a number of defensive oriented players in the NBA. Ryan Bowen, Trenton Hassell and Gregg Buckner come to mind. In their cases, they had to develop their games overseas or in the minor leagues (CBA) first.

I could see Eddie going through something like that and then becoming a solid role player in the league.

Succeeding in the NBA is often about being in the right place at the right time.