Eddie Basden- National Defensive POY

Just heard it on the radio. Congrats to Eddie!!!

http://www.collegeinsider.com/awards/2005_defensive.html

EDIT: I noticed this was already posted. I have no clue why WFNZ is just now announcing it. My bad everyone. :frowning:

:clap: EDDIE! EDDIE! EDDIE! :toast:

They must have missed the last 4 games of the season.

or they watched the whole season…not everyones perfect

its not national defender of the year in tourney’s…

overall, hes definetly the national defensive player of the year, just finished weak

[b]or they watched the whole season...not everyones perfect[/b]

If the last 4 games were not important, he would have been a first round pick.

[b]its not national defender of the year in tourney's..[/b]

That’s good, because only the last 2 were in tourneys.

[b]just finished weak[/b]

Well, at least we agree on this.

The Observer just picked up on this today. Buried in the “In Brief” of the Sports section. Of course, the big news today was that the Carolina Panthers hired a new broadcaster with ties to UNC-CH!

Noticed that myself. You can not bury a National Defensive POY award any farther than that. Come on the kid plays in Charlotte and this is a National Award.

[i]Originally posted by TheShowDawg[/i]@Apr 13 2005, 11:21 AM [b] Noticed that myself. You can not bury a National Defensive POY award any farther than that. Come on the kid plays in Charlotte and this is a National Award. [/b]
yes, BUT the tar holes won the national championship. DUH!! Get over it, but more importantly, get used to it. It never ends. (sarcasm)

The folks at the O are probably sitting around now saying “I can’t believe all the space we gave Charlotte this year and they tanked at the end. We could have used all that ink on the eventual champions instead of those mid-major chumps who couldn’t win a really BIG game if their lives depended on it.”

Tomorrow the big story will be Buzz Peterson being hired by Coastal Carolina, plus Rashad McCants heading to the NBA. Can’t get enough of those Heels… :rolleyes:

[i]Originally posted by run49er[/i]@Apr 13 2005, 03:21 PM [b]Tomorrow the big story will be Buzz Peterson being hired by Coastal Carolina, plus Rashad McCants heading to the NBA. Can't get enough of those Heels... :rolleyes:[/b]
Other items to expect in Thursday's "leaflet"....... :rolleyes:

John Bunting talks about how much Mick Mixon meant to the Tarheels & what a great loss it is to the program.

Woody Durham goes in-depth on the key moments in Mixon’s career and how those instances helped groom Mick for this opportunity.

Of course, with the NFL draft just around the corner, the Observer will likely start advertising "Check our Panthers Draft Coverage — Mick Mixon breaks down the picks and compares them to famous Tarheel players. "

What was the topic of this thread? :unsure: :unsure:

Oh, yeah. Eddie being a national defensive POY. Does he deserve it? Hell, I dunno. I’d have to watch a lot more college basketball to give an honest answer.

But here is what I do know…

No matter how you package it…the last 4 games sucked. Everyone associated with the basketball team is deserving of some kind of criticism.

This season, Eddie Basden was the best defensive player in C-USA & was worthy of being selected as Conference POY. If those 2 things helped him get more national attention, such as this award, all the better.

:thumbsup: :toast: to Eddie

I guess we deserve whatever we don’t get.