Eddie's Ankle Injury

Has anyone heard so many loud people get so quiet, so fast? When the ref called a break in the game in order to get Eddie out of the game, Halton became eerily silent.

For those who missed it, Eddie landed awkwardly after making a driving layup and fought through another couple of minutes limping before coming off and being taped up. It was a very scary sight to see Eddie limping off to the side. He checked back in a few minutes later.

It didn’t seem like he was quite the same for the rest of the game, but he still managed to make every big play down the stretch. On one drive, he laid on the floor and I didn’t think he would stay in. The tip out off of Mitchell’s missed free throw was the play of the game. Eddie is the single reason we won this game.

Other notes:

• I can’t believe how poorly we shot today (It’s great when you can win on bad shooting days)
  • There are now 2 Dieners that petrify me
  • I can’t imagine Iti will be in Charlotte next season
  • I NEVER SAY THIS: But the refs were horrible tonight. And I hate blaming refs ever.

GREAT WIN THOUGH. Will be nice to stay in the Top 25 (Knock on wood…Tulane).

Just wanted to get a post out there. Great site. I spend too much time here.

In the post game interview, Eddie told Coach Lutz that he was taking a few days off, so he could rest his ankle :lol:

On the post game show Eddie said it was the opposite ankle from the one he tweaked against Cincy. He said he was OK but was taking the next couple days off. GW asked him if coach knew he was taking a couple days off & Eddie laughed and said “I guess he does now”. Pretty funny segment, but sounds like nothing major. He is the one player we can’t afford to lose for any amount of time.

Eddie will be fine and it wasn’t the same ankle he injured during the Cincy game. He said in the postgame show that he would take a couple days off from it and would be ready to go at Tulane. Never good seeing the heart/soul of your team limp off the court. He’s a warrior though and I’m sure he’ll be near 100% on Saturday.

He said he’d be alright, just needed some rest. It’s the opposite one than he injured at Cincy. He’ll be good to go at Tulane.

Dang…gotta type fast on this board after a big win. :stuck_out_tongue: :lol:

[b]There are now 2 Dieners that petrify me[/b]

Supposedly, there is a Diener sister that is a cheerleader for Depaul. Guess we need that posted on the other thread.

Personally, I think Ma & Pa Diener should get an award of some sort or perhaps some much needed rest :unsure:

Is there some sort of conference rule in CUSA about having a Diener in your program that we weren’t made aware of?

[QUOTE]- I NEVER SAY THIS: But the refs were horrible tonight. And I hate blaming refs ever.

I agree completely. Though it might have seemed differently in the passion of the game(nice atmosphere Halton!), there were really bad calls going BOTH ways. There was one particular time at the end of the game where a critical call went against Depaul and their coach got fired up. Bobby looked at him respectfully and threw up his hands as if to say “WTF?” about the officiating.

Oh well, great job tonight even when the shots weren’t falling.

GO NINERS!!!

[i]Originally posted by brobrian11[/i]@Feb 16 2005, 10:15 PM [b] - I can't imagine Iti will be in Charlotte next season [/b]
That's easy...he won't be here...he's 1st round NBA material... :rolleyes:

Any chance Lutz doesn’t start Iti against Tulane? Surely, this is something that has to come up eventually after Saturday’s 5 foul, 0 pt., 1 rebound performance at St. Louis was followed up by tonight’s showing.

[b] I NEVER SAY THIS: But the refs were horrible tonight. And I hate blaming refs ever.[/b]

I think Withers just got fouled AGAIN.

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Feb 16 2005, 10:55 PM [b]
[b] I NEVER SAY THIS: But the refs were horrible tonight. And I hate blaming refs ever.[/b]

I think Withers just got fouled AGAIN. [/b]

Along with Baldwin

I bet Iti still starts at Tulane. In the post game, Lutz made it sound as if we need his size there.

I have not been impressed with Iti at all this season. But, I feel he has the capacity to do some great things for our team. I dont speak Australian but I would recommend he do like a Kangeroo and jump to the future…dont look back and get with the program. Attitude is about 100 percent of success in everything on and off the court (given that you have the basic potential). Iti has the potential to do good things. But needs to work on attitude. I think Basden is the best example of attitude I have ever seen wearing Niner Green. He gives 100 percent even when he isnt at 100 percent. Iti would do well to try and model the Basden Attitude. He will go far if he does. I have not given up on him…I think he will show his colors in a positive way before the season is over. His size and talent could help us move deep into the NCAA. He needs to realize rebounding and assists are as valuable as scoring points. But please hit the basic layup. As for Eddie …wow thanks for hanging in there with that sore ankle …hope a few days rest does the magic.

2 of Martin’s best games came against Tulane last year. so I expect him to see plenty of minutes on Saturday…That is unless, he plays like he did tonite!

[i]Originally posted by WastedNiner[/i]@Feb 16 2005, 10:21 PM [b]
[b]There are now 2 Dieners that petrify me[/b]

Supposedly, there is a Diener sister that is a cheerleader for Depaul. Guess we need that posted on the other thread.

Personally, I think Ma & Pa Diener should get an award of some sort or perhaps some much needed rest :unsure:

Is there some sort of conference rule in CUSA about having a Diener in your program that we weren’t made aware of? [/b]

There is an article on the Diener family in this week’s SI.

Here’s the breakdown:

Drew: Played at SLU, now a GA at DePaul
Drake: Drew’s brother, plays at DePaul
Travis: Cousin of Drew and Drake, plays at Marquette
Rachel: Sister of Travis, plays at SLU
Brittney: Sister of Travis, plays at Lewis College

Eddie spoke to my wife after the game and said the ankle is fine. Not a problem.

What in the hell is wrong with Brittany? Does she have something against C-USA?

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 12:49 AM [b] Eddie spoke to my wife after the game and said the ankle is fine. Not a problem. [/b]
Eddie said "Hey, What's up honey?" to my girlfriend. He didn't mention his ankle though, but I bet it's fine.

I fear I might be partially responsible for this, as the DePaul players didn’t get to take their aggression out on me as they would have liked to. Drake seemed particularly bothered by what I had to say about his cousins.

Seals wasn’t really bothered, but I’m sure that time on the bench gave him plenty of time to reflect.