Edward Van Halen and all things guitar šŸŽø

Dropping like flies. I saw them in Cary at the amphitheater and thought then that he just lacked that spark he used to have. He was a little/lot weird but his music will be missed.

Fun fact: he was the sperm donor for the child of Melissa Etheridge and her partner at the time.

1 Like

Yes he was. Too bad the CSN (& sometimes Y) guys couldnā€™t put the petty differences aside the past few years for a reunion or two.

RIPā€¦

But I have to admit, he upset me when he did this:

Did the kid come out with that wild stash and hair? Probably not, but I could envision it

Actually fathered two children with Etheridge - son Beckett and daughter Bailey. Sadly, former passed away in 2020.

Well that is as sad as it gets.

1 Like

Do you think the lawyers will let them blatantly copy?

Will always admire Dee Snider for standing up against Tipper Gore and the PMRC back in the day. I believe his testimony before Congress is on YouTube.

Snider is awesome. Sober and cerebral, which surprised most. Donā€™t forget Zappa. The Bill of Rights is there for us, those before us and those after us.

1 Like

Anyone here rocking a mullet? Perhaps in their momā€™s basement?

1 Like

I didnā€™t know about Mojo Tone. Maybe I can get them to work on an old amp of mine. Do they still modify and repair tube amps? Maynot.

Always great to find a NC business that is doing things right and well.

I thought they might have a Soldano on this list, but itā€™s solid. I never really understood the JCM800 ā€˜s popularity in terms of high gain. A friend and I had access to two 800ā€™s in his basement for over a month. They were freaking loud, but needed a pedal out front for anything more than a rock crunch. I prefer gain from an amp with maybe a boost out front to push something older like a vox. The list makes me want to play these amps, if they have a good reissue. I have been gasing over a Mesa Boogie Fillmore lately.