All things guitar etc 🎸

It was cool, like he’s the band leader over Alex and Geddy

From reading his bio, does sound like he was crucial in the band’s creation and something of a taskmaster as concerned practice etc. And definitely into the glam scene!

They were badass with him! Tight. I love with a 3 piece can rock it like that, and not many are like Rush. I think shit gets congested and boring with each instrument you add beyond 3

2 Likes

Love the tone of the Goldtop Les Paul

This is a long one, but the Joe Perry guitars are wild. Might be the best looking Les Paul I ever saw. Most of the guitars are purposefully selected to sound completely different than the others. He has the Les Paul’s with one volume and one tone . I really dislike guitars with 2 volumes and 2 tones. I have one and I am thinking of rewiring it with just a volume and an on off button.

I really liked Travis Linville when he was the lead guitarist for Hayes Carll

This really sad. Small businesses are often more vulnerable to government, and clearly they believe government at many levels screwed then and whatever small chance they had a making it work in this Walmart Amazon world. Local music stores fill my teenage memories. Great memories of Reliable Music on Stonewall Street, skipping school with friends and making the hour drive to usually play stuff I couldn’t afford to buy. If you are thinking of buying anything guitar, do them and everyone a favor and go spend money at Midwood Guitar in PlazMid or Woody’s in Rock Hill. They don’t mind you plugging in and getting loud. Midwood gave me a great deal on a Fillmore 25; grateful

This one’s for you Mean Joe

2 Likes

That was ripping! One of the best versions I ever heard. To think Les Paul thought the SG was a failed guitar model with no future!

I agree. They called Frank Marino a Hendricks clone but I think he has some of his own tricks to show. The Gibson SG was screaming and really made it sound deep. Glad you enjoyed it.

1 Like

I have been able to listen to some great guitar in this thread that I never knew existed

From 2013: