Eminem

Eminem has lost all “street cred” in my book. I heard his new song on the radio the other day and he sampled Debbie Gibon’s song Toy Soldier. Geez, what’s next New Kids on the Block, Tiffany. I bet he’ll end up lip synching on Saturday Night Life. Oh, wait he already did that.

I’ve heard it. Are you sure the original song was by Debbie Gibson? That doesn’t sound right.

Martika did the original and that’s a HUGE step above sampling Debbie Gibson.

No comment. :stuck_out_tongue:

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Dec 2 2004, 01:30 PM [b] Martika did the original and that's a HUGE step above sampling Debbie Gibson. [/b]
She was hot in Kids Incorporated but she went Goth and got ugly.
[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Dec 2 2004, 02:46 PM [b] No comment. :P [/b]
That I knew Martika sang the original? :D That chorus was burned into my brain many years ago and Eminem's song triggered my memory on who sang it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :unsure:
[i]Originally posted by BigDNiner[/i]@Dec 2 2004, 03:00 PM [b] Kids Incorporated [/b]
:blink:
[i]Originally posted by jcl49er+Dec 2 2004, 03:03 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (jcl49er @ Dec 2 2004, 03:03 PM)

Kids Incorporated was on Disney Channel.

K-I-D-S Looks Like we’ve made it, we’re kids incorporated!

[i]Originally posted by Powerbait[/i]@Dec 2 2004, 03:11 PM [b] Kids Incorporated was on Disney Channel.

K-I-D-S Looks Like we’ve made it, we’re kids incorporated! [/b]

Darn. Thought I edited it before anyone saw it.

However I don’t think you should be proud that you know that. :smiley:

AC Slater was on there for a while as well.

Little known fact, Jennifer Love Hewitt was on Kids Inc. in the late 80’s.

[i]Originally posted by BigDNiner+Dec 2 2004, 03:07 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (BigDNiner @ Dec 2 2004, 03:07 PM)
Originally posted by jcl49er@Dec 2 2004, 03:03 PM [b]
[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Dec 2 2004, 03:18 PM [b] In 1984, I was probably too busy wanting to be in Motley Crue or some other 80's metal band. Hey, it was a phase...what can I say? [/b]
That or you preferred "You Can't Do that on Television." :P

I remember Kids Incorporated. Show sucked.

I never really liked “You Can’t Do That On Television,” I was scared to say “What?” or “Water” for years after watching that show.

[i]Originally posted by Powerbait[/i]@Dec 2 2004, 03:28 PM [b] I never really liked "You Can't Do That On Television," I was scared to say "What?" or "Water" for years after watching that show. [/b]
I thought it was "I don't know" that got you slimed?

Alanis Morrisett was on that show.

Yeah, that was it. I couldn’t remember. It was so scarring, I had to ban it from my memory.

Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas was on Kids Incorporated. Stacie Ferguson. :wow:

As far as Eminem, it sure sounds like Debbie Gibson.