Eric Henry at the CUSA football mediadays

Eric Henry sent the below in response to my questions. Be sure to give him a follow on your social media platform of choice if you havenā€™t already, very cool of him to get this info for us.

There wonā€™t be two QBā€™s. Heā€™ll stick with one and make a change if needed. Expect a decision before week one, but not significantly earlier and he emphasized that heā€™s not going to just name a QB just because.

As far as redshirts, the best players will play. So if a freshman is ready, theyā€™ll be on the field.

He wouldnā€™t answer in the affirmative about an improvement, because heā€™s only been on the job seven months and wants to make his own assessments.

I appreciate the coverage. For the people who want to boycott UD because of a few articles posted that favor App, thereā€™s no room to complain about lacking observer coverage when we canā€™t even have more than a handful of fans read this article.

Not sure it was that serious but there have been multiple times the Appy writers at UD have posted outright lies about us.

clt says it looks like we are #allin with the c pick until the rebrand.

2 Likes

http://conferenceusa.com/watch/default.aspx?Archive=26909&path=charlotte

Video from Media Days.

1 Like

Charlotte talk starts at 22:48

Hey guys,

Just stopping by to say congrats on getting the sixth win. Love to see it for the program and the fanbase. Fully expecting the team get win against ODU and get to 7 wins.

7 Likes

And note that Eric had us winning eight pre season. I told him he was an idiot!!!

Seriously, Eric is the only member that covered CUSA that took us seriously. He did his homework and saw what a lot of us as fans didnā€™t see.

2 Likes

Thanks Eric, you have been far more positive about the Niners than beat reporter David Scott of the Charlotte Observer.

Any idea of where CUSA teams may be headed for bowl games?

Eric, please come write for the observer. David Scott hates us

2 Likes

Trust me, Iā€™ll give you plenty of reasons to think Iā€™m an idiot before the season is done. Yours truly voted North Texas and FIU as division champions at media days.

As for the Niners, Conference USA is such a crapshoot each year. You know thereā€™s going to be a team or two who surprises and a few who disappoint. I felt that with the returning talent at key positions, being a believer in Reynolds and the energy that everyone associated with the program couldnā€™t stop talking about with the hire of Will Healy, that 7-8 games was a possibility.

Talking with Highsmith and Cam Clark sold me.

Sorry for the late reply, itā€™s been a bit of a hectic day down here in South Florida given the events of last night. No worries.

Right now, itā€™s still a matter of figuring out which C-USA teams are going. In specificity to Charlotte, Iā€™ve heard that the Bahamas Bowl is a possibility, but itā€™s really going to come down to how a few teams finish this weekend.

To be honest, I wasnā€™t sold that the team I cover would be invited to a bowl game before last nightā€™s victory, even if they had beaten Marshall this weekend.

Eric Henry has coach Healy as his guest on the Underdog Dynasty this week. Give it a listen.

1 Like

just gave it a listen, really good listen. love eric henry, wish he was a beat writer for us but hunter bailey is quite good. maybe henry could replace david scott, who knows!

just please become our beat writer eric, one way or another

Link please

3 Likes