ESPM.com RPI update

Espn insider RPI has us at 21 this morning.

Depaul drops to 31.

kenpom just updated… he has us at 22.

DePaul is 30.

VERY solid jump. We’ll need that because a few of the teams we still have to play have horrid RPI’s. We should be able to close out the season in the 20’s-30’s if we take care of business.

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 09:27 AM [b] if we take care of business. [/b]
That word (IF) is bigger than Jarvis Lang's upper body right now.

I don’t know why** but games like Tulane & S. Miss scare me more than DePaul, Memphis & Louisville.

**Actually, I do know why…its 'cause of games like the 2nd ECU game this season.

The Memphis game mortifies me. Fortunately for us they punked Louisville otherwise they might have gotten taken for granted.

Charlotte also has the best RPI in the conference. Cincy is #22, although on the insideRPI at espn.com they list Cincy on top of Charlotte. Don’t know what that’s about.

We’re the highest RPI team with a loss to a RPI > 151 team, and we have two of those.

Think about that one and where we’d be if we had even one of those back.

I think Cinci’s big boost in RPI is that they played Illinois. Otherwise our SOS would be pretty similar.

Somebody help me, I’m addicted to NNN.

[i]Originally posted by NinerLoudNProud[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 12:03 PM [b] We're the highest RPI team with a loss to a RPI > 151 team, and we have two of those.

Think about that one and where we’d be if we had even one of those back. [/b]

I’ve been thinking the same thing. I guess you can’t win every close game, but we should have won those…

the good news is we have been in a postition to win every game we have played this year with the exception of one (which we played without our starting PG).

Cincy has played Illinois, Wake, Louisville twice, us twice, and DePaul twice.

That makes for a tasty SOS.

That’s another reason to play Duke or whomever wherever they choose to play. Cincy is 2-6 in the aforementioned games.

Apparently, beating up cupcakes and winning 25% of 7 or 8 games against “name” teams is the formula.

[i]Originally posted by Pork Chop[/i]@Feb 17 2005, 12:08 PM [b] ... Somebody help me, I'm addicted to NNN.

[/b]

270+ posts in less than 30 days. Yes sir, you have the addiction. =)

hootie, good point. I was looking at Vermont’s RPI earlier - they had the good fortune of playing UNC and Kansas and other than that, no one. Non-conf SOS is sky high and so is their RPI. (40 and 19, respectively).

OK no one else said it soooo…what the $#@ is ESPM ? :unsure: