ESPN + C-USA = 6 Football Bowls in 2014 including Bahamas

The Bahamas Bowl sounds pretty good!

Conferenceusa.com: C-USA Announces Five Future Bowl Relationships with ESPN

ESPN.com: Sources: Two new C-USA bowls

CUSA got a lot of good news today.

Not such a good day for the AAC though. The AAC still doesn’t have any good news on their bowl situation and they found out that ESPN sold the rights to many of their games to CBS Sports.

Very good day, to have 6-7 bowls locked up for CUSA is fantastic.

Great News!!! Our first bowl game will be an event to always remember. Then, in 2017, we can play in our 2nd bowl game.

[quote=“Run49er, post:1, topic:28125”]The Bahamas Bowl sounds pretty good!

Conferenceusa.com: C-USA Announces Five Future Bowl Relationships with ESPN

ESPN.com: Sources: Two new C-USA bowls[/quote]

Very impressive! 2 more bowls for CUSA and great locations.

I like warm destinations… hopefully our first bowl is in one… are we bowl eligible in 2015? Will be a long shot but was curious to know when I need to start saving for the trip somewhere.

Yes and no. We aren’t eligible, BUT if we have enough wins to be bowl eligible and not enough teams can qualify for the amount of bowl spaces, we could get a bid.

I fully expect to get skull drug in 2015 though, the FCS to FBS transition hasn’t been easy on any team in that first season, let alone one in their 3rd season of existence.

I wanna go to Bahamas.

[font=arial] to participate in five different bowl games over the next six years, securing three bowl positions per season.[/font]

So it’s not 6 bowls a season… So only 3 a season. Hmm…

Edit: read the second article, so it’s 3 + the Boca and Bahamas bowl for 5. Sorry, first article wasn’t entirely clear.

Yes and no. We aren’t eligible, BUT if we have enough wins to be bowl eligible and not enough teams can qualify for the amount of bowl spaces, we could get a bid.

I fully expect to get skull drug in 2015 though, the FCS to FBS transition hasn’t been easy on any team in that first season, let alone one in their 3rd season of existence.[/quote]

Silver lining about the transition is we have setup ourselves up some manageable games OOC and we have FAU and FIU in the East division. That being said, 6 wins would be a miracle.

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:9, topic:28125”]

[font=arial] to participate in five different bowl games over the next six years, securing three bowl positions per season.[/font]

Edit: read the second article, so it’s 3 + the Boca and Bahamas bowl for 5. Sorry, first article wasn’t entirely clear.[/quote]

[font=Verdana][/font][table][tr][td][font=Verdana][/font][table][tr][td][font=Verdana][size=13px]

Armed Forces & Heart of Dallas rotate. VS B1G/BXII
Hawai’i and Beef O’Brady’s rotate. VS AAC/MWC
New Mexico, NO, Boca, and Bahamas every year.

[/size][/font][/td][/tr][/table][font=Verdana][/font][/td][/tr][/table][font=Verdana][/font]

[quote=“CharSFNiners, post:9, topic:28125”]

Edit: read the second article, so it’s 3 + the Boca and Bahamas bowl for 5. Sorry, first article wasn’t entirely clear.[/quote]

• New Orleans Bowl for 6

Exactly and being a back-up for Shreveport would get us to (7) on occasion. This is a little better than I thought CUSA would come out, and I think it shows all the excitement surrounding the conference.

I have to say that I’m very surprised, in a pleasant way. Realignment hasn’t been kind to CUSA, so this is really good to say. I will be there for our first Bowl Game, big milestone.

AL.com: Report: Conference USA purchases Bahamas Bowl, allows BYU to play in Miami Beach Bowl

ESPN.com: BYU to play inaugural Miami bowl

I vote for Bahamas.

Niner Football, Snorkeling/Diving, Gambling, “Sightseeing”, and Drinking is not a bad combination.

Niner Sports and Drinking is not a bad combination.[/quote]

FTFY