ESPN.com Bubble Watch

ESPN.com: Bubble Watch

WOW. They got us as a lock???

I hate to say this but… Does anyone besides me think that Saturdays game would be nice but not necessary?

I think it is much more important not to lose another ECU-type game. Beat everybody else, split or lose two to UL and UC and I think that locks us up. Probably about a 7.

That being said, let’s win Sat for good measure.

I don’t think we’re a “lock” just yet. We still have to play Cincy, Depaul, Memphis, and Louisville. Oh, and AT St. Louis. Which of those games are locks?

I don’t see anything as a lock. I can still see the log jam coming again in the conference where the tournament seedings will ride on tiebreakers.

[SIZE=2]WEAR GREEN[/SIZE]

[b]I can still see the log jam coming again in the conference where the tournament seedings will ride on tiebreakers. [/b]

Fortunately, we beat UAB this year. If we can beat DePaul and Memphis we SHOULD get no worse than a #4 seed.

A #4 seed doesn’t help much other than to give you the first day off. I don’t ever want to have to play the #1 team in the semis after the almost sure likelyhood of playing the #5 seed (certainly they’re not going to lose to the #12) in a battle.

[SIZE=2]WEAR GREEN[/SIZE]

[i]Originally posted by hootie[/i]@Feb 3 2005, 07:30 AM [b] I hate to say this but..... Does anyone besides me think that Saturdays game would be nice but not necessary?

I think it is much more important not to lose another ECU-type game. Beat everybody else, split or lose two to UL and UC and I think that locks us up. Probably about a 7.

That being said, let’s win Sat for good measure. [/b]

It’s not necessary to get into the tournament, but it is probably necessary to win saturday or at Louisville to stay out of the 8/9 game and winning saturday is more likely.

We have at least 10 games remaining (counting the 1st round of the cusa tourney) and we should certainly get to 20 wins. With Marquette falling off the radar and UAB on the bubble, we need to find some quality wins to get out of that 8/9 game.

The problem right now is that we have not beat anyone but have lost to some dogs. We have 2 losses ouside the top 100 and no wins in the top 50.

Sweet Jesus! I hope our team isn’t reading any of these Tourny projections. Damn if I want them thinking that in the backs of their minds. Just WIN!

Not to split hairs, PI, but UAB has landed in the top 50. They may not last in there, but as of this second, we have a top 50 win.

tintin

[i]Originally posted by Tintin[/i]@Feb 3 2005, 05:17 PM [b] Not to split hairs, PI, but UAB has landed in the top 50. They may not last in there, but as of this second, we have a top 50 win.

tintin [/b]

Sorry Tintin, I had them at 53. I think they could finish anywhere between 35-60 with their remaining schedule.

Anyone associated with this team that thinks ANY game we play is a lock is a FOOL!! I’m sure many of you FOOLS thought easy U was a lock. What a joke…on us. :frowning:

49er1, re-read my post. I said I would rather lose to Ul or Cincy than another ECU-like loss. I’ve followed this program for years, I take nothing for granted.

[i]Originally posted by hootie[/i]@Feb 3 2005, 07:18 PM [b] 49er1, re-read my post. I said I would rather lose to Ul or Cincy than another ECU-like loss. I've followed this program for years, I take nothing for granted. [/b]
I was responding in general, not specifically to your post. Sorry.

I respond to your response and raise you a response.

…boy we really need to win Saturday.

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@Feb 3 2005, 04:56 PM [b] The problem right now is that we have not beat anyone but have lost to some dogs. We have 2 losses ouside the top 100 and no wins in the top 50. [/b]
we beat marquette... and they were 25th...

The only thing good about that Marquette win was that it was a road victory against a good team. They are by no means anywhere close to a top25 program. That just shows you what a farse the polls are.

[i]Originally posted by X-49er[/i]@Feb 3 2005, 08:25 AM [b]
[b]I can still see the log jam coming again in the conference where the tournament seedings will ride on tiebreakers. [/b]

Fortunately, we beat UAB this year. If we can beat DePaul and Memphis we SHOULD get no worse than a #4 seed. [/b]

DUDE #4 SEED??? COME ON MAN BE REASONABLE… I SAY LIKE 8 OR 9

he talking about cusa seed.

[i]Originally posted by GoNinersGo+Feb 4 2005, 01:34 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (GoNinersGo @ Feb 4 2005, 01:34 AM)