ESPN layoffs, 10% across the company

Yeah each side likes to blame the other but the blamed is shared. Hard to ask me to take a pay cut when the CEOs and Sr leaders are pocketing more. At the same time when a union is confronted with a accept this or the company goes under and they say no - gotta wonder about their logic even if the CEO is getting paid too much. Company goes under the CEO stll has millions and now you have no job.

There was a lot of deflection in the hostess situation. The company was mismanaged and the top brass were taking huge bonuses home. They cost the company much more than the union did. Not all CEOs are bad, but a lot of them are.

No doubt the management was to blame - but the ultimate failure of the company was due to the unions standing their ground. They made their point - but also lost all the jobs. The CEOs ride off into the sunset with bags of cash.

I have no sympathy. The mothership is terrible. I can tell you what headlines are each NFL Sunday. “Can the Cowboys stay hot, Will the Giants and Eagles blah, the Steelers xyz”.

It’s like a giant Charlotte Observer catering to lowest common denominator of America.

Glad Calvary of competition coming fwd. Espn is driving this conference realignment in bed with the John Swoffords of NCAA.

Swap shareholders for employees and then you have the current state of big business. I’m willing to wager most smaller business owners would cut their take home first.

Not sure i would cut my salary if I was CEO, just being honest. Really depends on how much I made I guess. If I was making Oprah bucks, I def wouldn’t mind a few million dollar pay cut.

I don’t understand why CEOs in their 60s and 70s still work. They must love the ass kissing or hate their home lives or get 32 weeks of vacation. If I felt any stress and I had a huge bank account, I would retire and enjoy my money and the rest of my short life.

The company was doomed regardless of what the unions did or did not do. They were going to lose their jobs anyway. This kind of mentality is what lets individuals ruin companys for personal gain.