ESPN Prediction

[quote=“ImfromClayton, post:19, topic:27072”][quote=“Honest Niner, post:15, topic:27072”]That is waaaay too low. I think Kenpoms rating is more accurate. We are 144-145 there, and that feels right given the other teams we around. However that still puts us about 50 spots lower than ECU who is ranked 96 here also.

Not sure why everyone is so high on ECU. All try are going to do is play Div-II schools and underperform in a weak conference again. Not sure how that combo makes you a top 100.[/quote]

Not an ECU apologist, but I do think some of our fans underestimate them. They have 4 solid combo guards. Guards win college basketball games. They look like a Bobby Lutz team. Gonna be very hit or miss. Will beat lots of teams they shouldn’t, will lose to a lot of teams they shouldn’t lose to. Shouldn’t be looked over though. They are clearly going in the right direction relative to what their program used to be.[/quote]Wake me when they can win 20 games in a season that does not include non-D1 games.

The sad thing is it is now November of 2012, while as recently as February of 2010 we were a bubble team looking at potentially a 20 win season with a good shot of a 1st round bye in the conference tournament.

Nothing to spin. We have sucked the past 2 years. We haven’t been to a post season tourny in years (i dont count our own conf tourny), we haven’t seen the NCAAs in almost a decade, our coach has proven nothing on the court - only that he is a decent recruiter, we have had basically an out right mutiny on our team of past players, we have seen a fairly long list of players leave the program, our attendance is in decline, our season ticket base in in decline, our giving is in decline - need I go on? ESPN sees us exactly for what we are.

I wish we could spin it another way, but these are the dark days on Niner basketball not seen since Hal Wissel. Let’s hope that 2012 is the light at the end of the tunnel.[/quote]

If we applied this to ECU they would be dead last in the country. Seriously, any preseason rankings that have us 130 spots lower that ECU is an absolute joke. Now I think the Pirates will actually have a decent season by their standards (any team should really when scheduling 4 non Division 1 teams year after year), but this list is a joke.