ESPN thinks highly of Lebo

[font=verdana]http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/59777/ranking-the-coaching-jobs-the-others[/font]

[font=verdana]Conference USA:[/font][font=verdana] Well, [/font][font=verdana]duh[/font][font=verdana]. Memphis would be No. 1 in every category that was considered. It's rich history, rabid local following, recruiting prowess and NBA arena make it a coach's dream. Problem is, the Tigers (along with No. 2 UCF) are headed to the Big East in 2013. And unfortunately for C-USA, the leftovers are more like bottom-feeders ECU, Rice and Tulane than Memphis. [/font]

The Best

1. Memphis
  2. UCF
  3. Tulsa

The Worst
10. Tulane
11. Rice
12. East Carolina

But, Miguel Paul!!!

Guys… they’re building some new practice facilities which this guy who probably doesn’t know his elbow from his asshole didn’t take into account.

This also in no way determines how good they are as a team with 4 jucos, 3 transfers, and 4 feral cats.

Another “lazy” list by ESPN, but more than you can say for the Big O!

Lebo is the 2nd or 3rd highest paid coach in CUSA right now depending on what Larry Browns salary is which I couldn’t find. Probably 3rd the kind of money they throw around. We also had the 5th best attendance last year in the league and are investing 15 million into new faclities as we speak which I don’t see a lot of other schools doing. Add all that up and it doesn’t add up to the worst job. ::slight_smile: We have the 3rd largest budget and ability to pay more if needed as well.

When Memphis and SMU leave we will have the highest paying job in New CUSA and the largest budget.

Lebo $566k
Floyd $550k
Haase $475k
Major $450k (UNCC)
Herrion $394k
Taylor $212k (ODU)

Lebo has already turned down one BCS school to stay so the job must not be that bad. Ignorant writer.

[quote=“StillJonesing, post:5, topic:26819”]Lebo is the 2nd or 3rd highest paid coach in CUSA right now depending on what Larry Browns salary is which I couldn’t find. We also had the 5th best attendance last year in the league and are investing 15 million into new faclities as we speak which I don’t see a lot of other schools doing. That doesn’t add up to the worst job. ::slight_smile:

When Memphis and SMU leave we will have the highest paying job in New CUSA
Lebo $566k
Floyd $550k
Haase $475k
Major $450k (UNCC)
Herrion $394k
Taylor $212k (ODU)
Lebo has already turned down one BCS school to stay so the job must not be that bad. Clearly an ignorant writer.[/quote]

Quit bragging about how much @LeboAlmighty makes. He could make $10 an hour and it could be a fortune because he controls the fed.

Again. Being paid a lot does not mean a) he is a good coach or b) ECU is a good place to work.

Lebo knows all he has to do is win 12-13 Division I games a year to go along with 3-4 NAIA games to make ECU fans think they’re on an upward trend.

ECU will never be good in basketball under Lebo. The most you can hope for is NIT, because that’s Lebo’s ceiling.

I was wondering why it was quiet on CUSABBS, SJ is paying us a visit this afternoon!

Fixed.

That blog was about the job not the coach, which makes the thread title and several post pretty stupid.

We paid our coach $616k his first year after incentives. I think most any person would rather work at a job paying $166k more a year than say your job for example, especially if it’s in the same conference. The bottomline is to rank it as the worst job is a joke with what we pay, what we are currently investing into facilities, and the overall biggest budget/fanbase in New CUSA. It’s going to be the highest paying job in New CUSA, hey but that equals the worst job. ::slight_smile:

Your boosters should be pissed. You can be just as shitty for far cheaper.

[quote=“StillJonesing, post:10, topic:26819”]That blog was about the job not the coach, which makes the thread title and several post pretty stupid.

We paid our coach $616k his first year after incentives. I think most any person would rather work at a job paying $166k more a year than say your job for example, especially if it’s in the same conference. The bottomline is to rank it as the worst job is a joke with what we pay, what we are currently investing into facilities, and the overall biggest budget/fanbase in New CUSA. It’s going to be the highest paying job in New CUSA, hey but that equals the worst job. ::)[/quote]

Stillblowin’,

Why are you here pushing EZU bball “greatness” on us? Let’s not forget we beatch slapped you at your house with our worse team last season. You will need to go back to your board and preach to your “own kind” instead of where no one gives a rat’s culo about your program and Lebo, pendejo. ;D

Charlotte job can hit 800k with incentives.

566k base, with many incentives. Example we already paid Lebo $50k extra just for winning 8 games his first year in Conference. What are your incentives and which ones has Major recieved if you say he can get to 800k. I’d like you to list them. Another example of incentives in Lebo contract is he get’s 100k extra if he takes us to the NCAA this year like another ESPN writter predicted.

Again, the blog was about the job not the coach, and the fact is we pay better than anyone in new CUSA and have the biggest budget and can pay more if we want.

[quote=“StillJonesing, post:14, topic:26819”]566k base, with many incentives. Example we already paid Lebo $50k extra just for winning 8 games his first year in Conference. What are your incentives and which ones has Major recieved if you say he can get to 800k. I’d like you to list them. Another example of incentives in Lebo contract is he get’s 100k extra if he takes us to the NCAA this year like another ESPN writter predicted.

Again, the blog was about the job not the coach, and the fact is we pay better than anyone in new CUSA and have the biggest budget and can pay more if we want.[/quote]

I’d say your ROI is fairly pathetic.

The job blows and so does your coach. You pay him a crap load to suck. That doesn’t make the job a good one it makes you stupid.

Odd then that you would hire a washed up UNC coach who has never seen the NCAAs.

Odd then that you would hire a washed up UNC coach who has never seen the NCAAs.[/quote]

Sort of re-enforces the point the the blog is making. EZU can afford to pay a lot of money and the best they can do is Lebo. Proves the job sucks.

…and yet Penn State tried to hire him away from us unsuccessfully last year. That’s even after they made the NCAA’s that year he still stayed at ECU. We don’t have a bad job and our coach is still marketable. I don’t see anyone trying to hire Major away from you guys.

Just shows Penn St. is stupid.

And the only reason Lebo got a look was because he’s buddies with Fogler.

Penn State was awful this year and still had a higher RPI than the almighty Lebo and ECU. Lebo sucks.