No. 30: Bob Huggins, West Virginia
No. 29: Jim Crews, Saint Louis
No. 28: Jim Larranaga, Miami
No. 27: Mick Cronin, Cincinnati
No. 26: Archie Miller, Dayton
No. 25: Jamie Dixon, Pittsburgh

ESPN.com: Top 50 College Hoops Coaches: Nos. 50-25

ESPN.com: Top 50 coaches: No. 24 Bob McKillop

Michael White and Tim Floyd are the only ones in CUSA with a chance, but they don’t have much of one.

Miles and McCaffery are laughable especially with Alford, Mack, and Williams ranked behind them.

I would literally pay $1,000 for Alan Major’s name to be in the top 25 just to see the reactions of some on the board.

clt says list is invalid. No lebo.

McKillop is in at #24.

hootie, it would cost you at least a grand to get AM on this list. I’m not sure if he’s a top 50 coach in the state.

If he won enough to be in this list I wouldn’t be so hard on him.

[quote=“s9er, post:6, topic:28845”]McKillop is in at #24.

hootie, it would cost you at least a grand to get AM on this list. I’m not sure if he’s a top 50 coach in the state.[/quote]
I like McKillop and I think he does a great job at Davidson, but there are only 23 better coaches? Really? In 25 years he has gone to the NCAAs 7 times. Lutz did that in 10 years, and he did it in much tougher conferences. Sure McKillop went to the Elite Eight, but they couldn’t beat us that year. I think McKillop is the best SoCon coach since players wore Chuck Taylors but let’s put this into perspective.

I like McKillop and think he has done a great job at Davidson, but McKillop is no Lefty Driesell.

[quote=“Nugget, post:8, topic:28845”][quote=“s9er, post:6, topic:28845”]McKillop is in at #24.

hootie, it would cost you at least a grand to get AM on this list. I’m not sure if he’s a top 50 coach in the state.[/quote]
I like McKillop and I think he does a great job at Davidson, but there are only 23 better coaches? Really? In 25 years he has gone to the NCAAs 7 times. Lutz did that in 10 years, and he did it in much tougher conferences. Sure McKillop went to the Elite Eight, but they couldn’t beat us that year. I think McKillop is the best SoCon coach since players wore Chuck Taylors but let’s put this into perspective.[/quote]
This and I love how the writer(s) mentoned that McKillop “kept Davidson in contention for a bid in a 1-bid league”…huh…Davidson has NEVER gotten an at-large bid with McKillop and was NEVER expected to in the years they did win the SoCon Tourney (not even during their Elite 8 year). Also, never won a tourney game except for that one great year. I think McKillop is pretty good, but reallllllllly overrated.

[quote=“s9er, post:6, topic:28845”]McKillop is in at #24.

I don’t a grand would get him in the top 150 actually. I just think the reactions would be hilarious

[quote=“919R, post:10, topic:28845”][quote=“Nugget, post:8, topic:28845”][quote=“s9er, post:6, topic:28845”]McKillop is in at #24.

I like McKillop and I think he does a great job at Davidson, but there are only 23 better coaches? Really? In 25 years he has gone to the NCAAs 7 times. Lutz did that in 10 years, and he did it in much tougher conferences. Sure McKillop went to the Elite Eight, but they couldn’t beat us that year. I think McKillop is the best SoCon coach since players wore Chuck Taylors but let’s put this into perspective.[/quote]
This and I love how the writer(s) mentoned that McKillop “kept Davidson in contention for a bid in a 1-bid league”…huh…Davidson has NEVER gotten an at-large bid with McKillop and was NEVER expected to in the years they did win the SoCon Tourney (not even during their Elite 8 year). Also, never won a tourney game except for that one great year. I think McKillop is pretty good, but reallllllllly overrated.[/quote]

Yeah, still riding that ol’ Elite 8 wave. THAT’S what winning in the POST season can do for a program. The gift that keeps on giving. If we had beaten k state and michigan in the POST season last year, no telling what it would have done for Major AND the program. I just know it woulda been GOOD.

No. 23 Greg McDermott, Creighton
No. 22 Tommy Amaker, Harvard

And BTW,

[quote=“Niner National, post:2, topic:28845”]Michael White and Tim Floyd are the only ones in CUSA with a chance, but they don’t have much of one.[/quote]White made the “Coaches Who Just Missed” list:

[ul][li]Dana Altman, Oregon[/li]
[li]Tim Cluess, Iona[/li]
[li]Tom Crean, Indiana[/li]
[li]Keith Dambrot, Akron[/li]
[li]Johnny Dawkins, Stanford[/li]
[li]Fran Dunphy, Temple[/li]
[li]Leonard Hamilton, Florida State[/li]
[li]Ben Jacobson, Northern Iowa[/li]
[li]Derek Kellogg, Massachusetts[/li]
[li]Larry Krystkowiak, Utah[/li]
[li]Mike Lonergan, George Washington[/li]
[li]Cuonzo Martin, California[/li]