ESPN Top 50 Basketball Coaches

pretty silly list.

Larry Brown may be the best coach that ever lived and Kevin Ollie is not better than Mark Few IMO.

Little easier to win at UConn than at a place like Gonzaga.

And you know K is going to be one or two

Agreed. Not many better than Mark Few. He got screwed. Huggins got screwed too.

[quote=“hootie, post:21, topic:28845”]pretty silly list.

Larry Brown may be the best coach that ever lived[/quote]

I would have been more conservative and said all time top 5 all time but there is certainly a case. Not many coaches have taken two separate college programs to the final 4. Three final 4’s including a championship in 7 years is pretty stout even with a little funny buisness, (of which the Kansas deal was a little overrated IMO)

Not to mention I think one of the best coaching jobs ever taking a Piston teams with superstars (joke) like Rip Hamilton, Chancey Billiups and Rasheed Wallace over the Lakers who were already fresh off a 3 peat with Shaq at 30 and Kobe at 25 years old as well as having added Karl Malone and Gary Payton even if old both of whom had averaged 21+ppg the year before for playoff teams. That’s got to be one of the biggest upsets ever and they crushed them. Also got Philly to the finals basically with one player.

If this is really about just today, gezz who else could come into SMU and recruit several McDonald’s AA and turn them into a top 10 program by year 3. Most people don’t know SMU is actually a top 30 supported basketball program $$$ and with a nice renovation but what Brown has done is probably the biggest turnaround I’ve ever seen and legit with Mundiay. He’s projected the #1 pick in next years draft on a few sites.

and Kevin Ollie is not better than Mark Few IMO.

Little easier to win at UConn than at a place like Gonzaga.

Not sure about that. There were questions when Calhoun retired Ollie answered. You’d like to see it done for longer but at this point I have no reason to doubt him and he should have no issue getting top recruits moving forward now.

You got to give Ollie credit for saving the program. He took over a program on APR probation banned from postseason going to a lesser confernece and kept players like Nappier and Boatwright from transfering when they were free to do so anywhere with out penalty. It’s not like they were loaded with incredible talent either, Kentucky was. Getting them to the title in only 2 years is pretty huge.

And you know K is going to be one or two

If this list really is not about your past resume which apparently it’s not to have Brown that low then he needs to stop losing to autobid crap in round one if he wants to be ranked that high. That’s 2 of the last 3 years, probably with perhaps a #1 pick and another lottery player in good draft this year.

1. Jim Beilein, Michigan
  2. Gregg Marshall, Wichita State
  1. Bo Ryan, Wisconsin
  2. Bill Self, Kansas
  1. Rick Pitino, Louisville

And the final four…

1. Mike Krzyzewski, Duke
  2. Tom Izzo, Michigan State
  3. John Calipari, Kentucky
  4. Billy Donovan, Florida

Mike Izzo huh?

[quote=“Powerbait, post:28, topic:28845”]Mike Izzo huh?[/quote]Oops! Fixed.