Everett to the Trustees - Set sights high

[B]Charlotte[/B] told to set football sights high:
[URL]http://www.charlotte.com/breaking_news/story/453157.html[/URL]

[QUOTE]"You have to ask, `What would this university be like today if we started football 10 years ago?ā€™ " Everett said. "Whatā€™s it going to be in 2020 if we start a program or donā€™t start a program? ā€œAre we going to look back and wish we had?ā€[/QUOTE]

Such a simple statement, but so true.

Thanks ID. Thatā€™s a nice way to start the morning off. I think Iā€™ll stay awake now.

Chancellor Phil Dubois said he plans to present his recommendation to the board by May. Then he wants the board to take a final vote on the question in the fall.

So what happens between May and the fall? I thought this thing would move a little faster after the feasibility study came back with a unanimous vote. I guess they figure we have until 2012, so why rush?

[QUOTE=ninerID;286211][B]Charlotte[/B] told to set football sights high:
[URL]http://www.charlotte.com/breaking_news/story/453157.html[/URL][/QUOTE]

Nice article!! They need to add in the cost of a bronze statue of Mac Everette to the start up numbers. I wonder if he is interested in becoming an athletic direstor??

Why is this man not our Chancellor?:huh:

He would have a Med School on the way and wā€™d be talking about the football team moving up to FBS next year if he had the same amount of time as Dubois has had!

MacE is the kind of guy that has made Charlotte great. Heā€™s a doer.

Gitā€™r done. Pretty simple.

Thank you Mac. Thank you so very much.

This guy is definately what we needā€¦ someone who not only thinks what we do regarding football, but also has the respect needed to get it done.

[QUOTE]
Chancellor Phil Dubois said he plans to present his recommendation to the board by May. Then he wants the board to take a final vote on the question in the fall.
[/QUOTE]

Can we hold him to this, the other thread says he will make his recommendation in ā€œspring or summer.ā€

Bump for people who missed it over the weekend.

Mac Everett is one thing and one thing onlyā€¦he is what has been missing in our athletic dept and admin for decadesā€¦and that is HE IS WILLING TO STICK HIS NECK OUT ON THE CHOPPING BLOCK. Football is a risk, but a needed one. Status quo thinking is why we arenā€™t USF.

I was just listening to WFNZ and Chuck Howard said that he will try to have Mac Everett on his show this week to talk about 49ers football. He also said he will try to get Max Muhelman to come on and talk about potential community support. I imagine it will be similar to the article in the business journal a few weeks back. Just a heads up.

[QUOTE=metro;286707]Mac Everett is one thing and one thing onlyā€¦he is what has been missing in our athletic dept and admin for decadesā€¦and that is HE IS WILLING TO STICK HIS NECK OUT ON THE CHOPPING BLOCK. Football is a risk, but a needed one. Status quo thinking is why we arenā€™t USF.[/QUOTE]

Playing devilā€™s advocate here. Whatā€™s Mac got to lose??? Itā€™s a successs and he is a hero; it suffers and heā€™ll say we should have done it sooner. I hear he wants to get into politics (unconfirmed). This could be something else to add to his list of accomplishments.

If it happens, Mac and JimmyHat are heros in my book.

Playing devil's advocate here. What's Mac got to lose??? .

well its fairly obvious.

[QUOTE=metro;287258]well its fairly obvious.[/QUOTE]

Well, as it stands right now, no one cares. Of course, other than the couple thousand of us.

Mayor Pat willl be our heroā€¦when he gets to the big house. Anyone got a timeline of the how this will unfold. Lutz in 2008, McCrory in 2008, Football announcement in 2008, Football in 2012, Mac in 2012. Big East in 2020. Iā€™ll be nearly 50. :tumble::doh:

Well, as it stands right now, no one cares. Of course, other than the couple thousand of us.

Mayor Pat willl be our heroā€¦when he gets to the big house. Anyone got a timeline of the how this will unfold. Lutz in 2008, McCrory in 2008, Football announcement in 2008, Football in 2012, Mac in 2012. Big East in 2020. Iā€™ll be nearly 50. :tumble::doh:

Haha, Iā€™ll only be 34. Man I love being young!!!

Wow! its been three hours, am I the only person who heard Mac on Power Hour today? They talked for 30 minutes almost about nothing but FOOTBALL and how it will be a positive for the university.

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;288294]Wow! its been three hours, am I the only person who heard Mac on Power Hour today? They talked for 30 minutes almost about nothing but FOOTBALL and how it will be a positive for the university.[/QUOTE]

There was talk about it in the shoutbox. Care to fill us in on what was said? I missed the show.

No, you missed a whole conversation about it in the shout box while it was going on.

I think you can replay the show, Iā€™m gonna see.