Everyone needs to take a step back from the ledge

Second game of the year guys… We lost to a good team when we were horrible in an aspect of the game. If we do anything(rebound, 3’s, turnovers etc) as bad as we shot free throws tonight we are going to lose to good teams. Sure we have stuff to work on but lighten up some…its gonna be okay. I was puzzled why we kept trapping and pressing a team with such good guards in the second half. They clearly adjusted to our trap at half. Patience grasshoppers patience.

[i]Originally posted by JKniner[/i]@Nov 23 2004, 12:57 AM [b] Second game of the year guys... We lost to a good team when we were horrible in an aspect of the game. If we do anything(rebound, 3's, turnovers etc) as bad as we shot free throws tonight we are going to lose to good teams. Sure we have stuff to work on but lighten up some...its gonna be okay. I was puzzled why we kept trapping and pressing a team with such good guards in the second half. They clearly adjusted to our trap at half. Patience grasshoppers patience. [/b]
Patience, my ass. This was the worst collapse I have witnessed in a long time. The 49ers had a 19 point lead in the first half, and blew it faster than Monica Lewinski. What was the free throw percentage in the second half? A decent jr. high team shoots free shots for us in the second half, we win. The "good team" we lost to was a bottom tear team in the Big east last year, and lost there best players.

Is it OK if The Observer reacts like the board and writes the Niners off for the rest of the season? I’m not, by the way.

[i]Originally posted by Mike_Persinger[/i]@Nov 23 2004, 12:15 AM [b] Is it OK if The Observer reacts like the board and writes the Niners off for the rest of the season? I'm not, by the way. [/b]
Let me guess Mike. We had Page 11 when we won. I bet you give us Page 1 tomorrow since we lost.

I noticed Run49er also complaining about the Page 11 coverage. I bet we are the only ranked team in the country that gets a win on Page 11 from their hometown newspaper.

Are you afraid we might build up a fan base of Charlotteans or something?

if shaq was shooting free throws we win hands down, now that is sad

[i]Originally posted by finalfourtyniners[/i]@Nov 23 2004, 01:18 AM [b] if shaq was shooting free throws we win hands down, now that is sad [/b]
Damn. Somebody had to say it.

That’s just pathetic.

[i]Originally posted by LakeNorman49er[/i]@Nov 23 2004, 12:17 AM [b] Let me guess Mike. We had Page 11 when we won. I bet you give us Page 1 tomorrow since we lost.

I noticed Run49er also complaining about the Page 11 coverage. I bet we are the only ranked team in the country that gets a win on Page 11 from their hometown newspaper.

Are you afraid we might build up a fan base of Charlotteans or something? [/b]

Give Mike a break. Our coverage in The Observer has been very good this year.

[i]Originally posted by LakeNorman49er+Nov 23 2004, 01:17 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LakeNorman49er @ Nov 23 2004, 01:17 AM)

Here is my short list of what to work on…
BP…no more trying to create on the dribble-Catch and shoot my man-catch n shoot

Mitch needs to play like he is not gonna get yanked for making a mistake. He was the state player of the year for a reason and we saw flashes of that in the opener.

Iti- under no circumstances are you allowed to try to create your shot. Be a human flyswatter…rebound everything and dunk everything you can. If you cant hit free throws we don’t want you to attempt anything offensively cause you might get fouled and we wont get anything for that trip down the court.

Jimmy, do you read the printed version or just the on-line version? And what do you mean we weren’t ranked? We were ranked in many polls. I guess you enjoy being a Niner but watching the ACC schools get page 1 while we get page 11 after a win. It makes no sense to me. By the way, what the f… do you mean wwe were not ranked? I don’t think you follow us every much. Every time someone says we are as good as the ACC you ask them what they are smoking. What are you smoking?

[i]Originally posted by LakeNorman49er[/i]@Nov 23 2004, 01:35 AM [b] Jimmy, do you read the printed version or just the on-line version? And what do you mean we weren't ranked? We were ranked in many polls. I guess you enjoy being a Niner but watching the ACC schools get page 1 while we get page 11 after a win. It makes no sense to me. By the way, what the f... do you mean wwe were not ranked? I don't think you follow us every much. Every time someone says we are as good as the ACC you ask them what they are smoking. What are you smoking? [/b]
We were 28th in the AP poll which is the main poll. None of them matter anyway since basketball has a tournament. But if it makes you feel better to see us ranked in meaningless polls, I won't take that away from you. As for us having a hard time beating Duke or State, call me a realist and I believe both those teams shoot over 70% from the free throw line.
[i]Originally posted by LakeNorman49er[/i]@Nov 23 2004, 01:35 AM [b] I guess you enjoy being a Niner but watching the ACC schools get page 1 while we get page 11 after a win. It makes no sense to me. By the way, what the f... do you mean wwe were not ranked? [/b]
Good greif, rikilake, john Kerry was #1 in some polls. When UNC loses to Santa its big news. The noners win one against a lousy team, lose one to a mediocre team is no news.
[i]Originally posted by Jimmyhat49er[/i]@Nov 23 2004, 12:47 AM [b] We were 28th in the AP poll which is the main poll. None of them matter anyway since basketball has a tournament. But if it makes you feel better to see us ranked in meaningless polls, I won't take that away from you. As for us having a hard time beating Duke or State, call me a realist and I believe both those teams shoot over 70% from the free throw line. [/b]
I hope you're not trying to tell me the AP poll is more accurate than that of some basketball experts. Many of those sportswriters have no clue. And every time someone says we are as good as State you accuse them of smoking something. Sorry but when I read your posts I have to wonder if you have any idea wat you are talking about. I bet you also think Vitale knows what he is talking about.
[i]Originally posted by LakeNorman49er+Nov 23 2004, 02:00 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LakeNorman49er @ Nov 23 2004, 02:00 AM)

Ouch…now now Ben leave Ron alone

CBS Sportsline and others. These are organizations that actually do research on the teams. Jimmyhat I have a feeling you are not really much of a basketball fan are you? Not much of a Niner either are you? Jimmy, do you come on this board because you are a Niner or to promote the ACC? You constantly tell us we are not up to par with ACC. We get enough of that crap with Mike from the Obsever. He is not a Niner and I’m starting to doubt you are too. I also doubt you were at the game tonight. I can’t belive you said we weren’t ranked and should have appeared on page 11 after our first win. Now go run along and play with you Dean Smith “Blow” Up Doll.

I would like to verify that I saw the Hatman in Section 104 row D and I believe it was seat 5. I can also attest for the fact that Hat was at the U from 86-91. And if I had to bet I would say that from 86 on he has been to at least 100 niner home games. If you wanna talk shop please do…but if you are trashing the mans love of the niners you need to move on.

If he does love the Niners you could never tell & he doesn’t sound like it. He’s the one stating we were not ranked because no poll counts except the AP. Enough said.

Now that the hatman and chisox have been identified, we look forward to seeing them back up there talk of bloodying me. Hatter is probably the worse of the ywo, as he will try to push chisox and crew to jump somebody, while sniveling in the background.

No poll counts. It’s all to sell papers and give sports talk something to discuss.

Back the team.