Fan Optimism Tracker: Major and Charlotte part ways

Now that Major is no longer coach, are you feeling more optimistic?

Much more optimistic than I was yesterday. A good coach can take us to the NCAAs again in 3-5 years. Possibily sooner!!! Can’t help but feel more optimistic at this point.

I’m not more optimistic. I wish I was. I think I could be. I wish there was more evidence, reason to be optimistic. It will come, but it’s not here yet.

A good HC will help us a lot, but that won’t be enough to get us back to where we were.

We need out of CUSA. I’d like to think we’ll get our chance to GTFO sooner or later. I just pray our AD will be ready when opportunity knocks.

The restless natives ought to be exerting more concern to conference realignment. Our lone CUSA representative is a 14. There you go.

[quote=“anipalcraig, post:3, topic:29485”]I’m not more optimistic. I wish I was. I think I could be. I wish there was more evidence, reason to be optimistic. It will come, but it’s not here yet.

A good HC will help us a lot, but that won’t be enough to get us back to where we were.

We need out of CUSA. I’d like to think we’ll get our chance to GTFO sooner or later. I just pray our AD will be ready when opportunity knocks.

The restless natives ought to be exerting more concern to conference realignment. Our lone CUSA representative is a 14. There you go.[/quote]

Where do you want to go? The two bid AAC? We aren’t going to a P5 conference in the next ten years and we aren’t going back to the A10 where we can’t play football.

[quote=“JaMiNNiNeR, post:4, topic:29485”][quote=“anipalcraig, post:3, topic:29485”]I’m not more optimistic. I wish I was. I think I could be. I wish there was more evidence, reason to be optimistic. It will come, but it’s not here yet.

The restless natives ought to be exerting more concern to conference realignment. Our lone CUSA representative is a 14. There you go.[/quote]

Where do you want to go? The two bid AAC? We aren’t going to a P5 conference in the next ten years and we aren’t going back to the A10 where we can’t play football.[/quote]

Oh, I’d much rather be in the AAC. Who wouldn’t? But good question. And I don’t know the answer. But I know the answer isn’t CUSA.

I’d like to think history will repeat and we’ll jump UPWARD with the birth of something new, like we did with the Metro and the original CUSA.
If not that, what? We become the next Memphis Tigers of CUSA?

How about we get into a good league and win? Just be a winning team in a good league. That’s all. Like Davidson! :slight_smile: …who might just be on the front end of a decade long sweet spot in their history, like us from '95 to '05.

Good coach, good league.

[quote=“anipalcraig, post:3, topic:29485”]I’m not more optimistic. I wish I was. I think I could be. I wish there was more evidence, reason to be optimistic. It will come, but it’s not here yet.

I’m more optimistic because we are getting a much needed new coach, but I agree 100% with your opinion on CUSA. It ain’t what it used to be.

[quote=“anipalcraig, post:5, topic:29485”][quote=“JaMiNNiNeR, post:4, topic:29485”][quote=“anipalcraig, post:3, topic:29485”]I’m not more optimistic. I wish I was. I think I could be. I wish there was more evidence, reason to be optimistic. It will come, but it’s not here yet.

Where do you want to go? The two bid AAC? We aren’t going to a P5 conference in the next ten years and we aren’t going back to the A10 where we can’t play football.[/quote]

Oh, I’d much rather be in the AAC. Who wouldn’t? But good question. And I don’t know the answer. But I know the answer isn’t CUSA.

I’d like to think history will repeat and we’ll jump UPWARD with the birth of something new, like we did with the Metro and the original CUSA.
If not that, what? We become the next Memphis Tigers of CUSA?

How about we get into a good league and win? Just be a winning team in a good league. That’s all. Like Davidson! :slight_smile: …who might just be on the front end of a decade long sweet spot in their history, like us from '95 to '05.

Good coach, good league.[/quote]
And they might not.

About time, 3 years to late though ???

I sure hope they pick a great coach and get Halton rocking again in 2-3 years.

The new coach will potentially (if they stay) have some decent talent to work with.