Fan Support/Charity Idea

49or, I like the idea. I know people who go to games and are fans of the team but don't have a Charlotte t-shirt. They cost money, if your parents don't buy you one during SOAR then a lot of kids really just don't get a shirt. I know the only one I had for 2 or 3 years was the one my parents bought me during our visit here to check out the campus.

Actively peddling this idea could make it successful. Setting up a booth and asking everybody who walks by in a Duke shirt to trade won’t be very successful I don’t think. But going after people at the locations where they have their cloths (DORMS!) could work very well. Walk through Moore during move-in week and you will have a lot of people willing to trade I think. This isn’t something people are going to go out of their way to be a part of, but if we come to them with the offer, it could work.

The money from the charity is on the table, we lose it at the end of the semester and we only need a small amount of it for charity doings. So we can buy shirts, print charity flyers and go from there. It probably won’t happen this semester. But if we can get these shirts with our money, they can sit in a box all summer, no big deal. It will be great promotion for the charity at the beginning of next semester and it will get Charlotte gear in the hands of students (probably new students).

If you really want to do this, and I think that we should, contact the Bookstores about possibly getting some cheap stuff. If nothing else we can go buy 30 Niner Nation shirts and at least it will be something, we have all summer to work on getting more. But we will lose the money if it is not spent.

I see what your saying. I am still partial to the booth idea tho. Maybe we could do both. It only takes so many people to go around the dorms and to sit at a booth. As for the bookstores, I had planned to call them tomorrow. I actually live close to Grays so I may just walk over there or possibley just walk to both. In person is better for working out deals such as this.

The start of this year, they had an event where you could trade in your other school shirts for Niner Nation shirts. They then proceeded to burn them. I think the idea was to have a peprally, woodburning thing. Not alot of people showed up. There was however tons of food there.

Also, Freshman are supposed to be getting Niner Nation shirts for free. So we can assume every freshman will have atleast one. I think providing incentive to actually wear them. Say at games or something, give away towels to fans with the ninernation shirts.

But the football shirts. I think selling them at soar or move in day is a great idea. Maybe even working with the bookstore or Grays and selling them there? (assuming there is no sponser on the back)

[QUOTE=49or bust;169153]I see what your saying. I am still partial to the booth idea tho. Maybe we could do both. It only takes so many people to go around the dorms and to sit at a booth. As for the bookstores, I had planned to call them tomorrow. I actually live close to Grays so I may just walk over there or possibley just walk to both. In person is better for working out deals such as this.[/QUOTE]

We can definitely do both, we just need the shirts. Keep me updated on how it goes with the bookstores.

Sorry guys I just repeated most of what u guys said!

[QUOTE=Gill2003;169155]The start of this year, they had an event where you could trade in your other school shirts for Niner Nation shirts. They then proceeded to burn them. I think the idea was to have a peprally, woodburning thing. Not alot of people showed up. There was however tons of food there.

Also, Freshman are supposed to be getting Niner Nation shirts for free. So we can assume every freshman will have atleast one. I think providing incentive to actually wear them. Say at games or something, give away towels to fans with the ninernation shirts.

But the football shirts. I think selling them at soar or move in day is a great idea. Maybe even working with the bookstore or Grays and selling them there? (assuming there is no sponser on the back)[/QUOTE]

They tried that at the bon fire pep rally, but they either gave up 20 minutes into the fire or they never told the people who had the shirts. Because we got there about 30 minutes after it all started and my roomate had a UNCCH shirt but they had given out all of the Niner Nation shirts and there was nothing on the fire. So that whole thing never really went through. And yes, there was a lot of really good food out there, Moe’s and wings, what more could you need?

I think the freshmen get NN shirts again this year, good point. I still think offering them other shirts might work out. Also just getting people out talking about Charlottle athletics to people as soon as they move on campus can’t hurt anything.

The football shirts are separate. We don’t want to sell through Grays or the bookstore because I really don’t think many people actually look in either for shirts, and also we want every penny to go towards the athletic foundation. We will work on getting a booth on campus in front of the bookstore to sell those.

Awesome.
But I def. think the SOAR idea is rocking. eager students and parents… come one…
I actually bought a 3$ bottle of water from some vendor… I mean its a gold mine!

Why not just ask the bookstore to do weekly tabletops outside around campus.

[QUOTE=marcushe;169237]Why not just ask the bookstore to do weekly tabletops outside around campus.[/QUOTE]
Bookstore sales do not give all profits to the athletic department. Also getting the idea of the football drive and the website is a big factor.

Alright, I finally managed to get down to the bookstores today. The campus bookstore said it was the end of their fiscal so they have nothing to donate. The only thing they can sell us for cheap is the Niner Nation shirts. He said he can sell us those for 20% off which is $5.80. I went to Gray’s and the manager referred me to someone who was not there. He said to e-mail or call her. He also asked if I could verify who I was with; give him a flier or something. Of course I had nothing but I told him I was just seeing what we could get. I figure we can put something together to make this look a little more serious. Gray’s was also having a table sale. They had lots of stuff that looked pretty nice out there but I doubt the prices on anything worth getting are less than $5. I figure I will leave the person an e-mail once I have something to show her about who I’m with.