Favorite beer

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;178988]Fat Tire made my list too. I often drink it at altitudes of over 7000 feet, so it’s hard to tell if it’s the altitude or the beer that causes that feeling.[/QUOTE]

I had a fat tire for the first time about a month ago…and it is…by far…my favorite beer. LOVE FAT TIRE!!!

Am dying for another taste

[QUOTE=ApexNiner;179085]My old stand is Carolina Pale Ale (CPA) brewed by the Carolina Brewing Co. in Holly Springs. Its in about every bar/restaurant in the RDU area.

Other good ones… Fat Tire, Mac&Jacks(Seattle area), Alaskan Amber (West coast), Pyramid Heifweizen (perhaps just because of the beer garden at the brewery across the st form Safeco Field on gamedays)

Anyone care for that Palmetto Amber down in SC? It didnt work for me.[/QUOTE]

Pyramid Heifweizen would be my #1 B…That stuff is awesome. All I drank at the Final 4 in Seattle…

1. The beer I’m drinking now
  2. The next beer I drink.

I like Hoegarden a lot myself.

Other fav’s include Corona, Iron City, but at the end of the day, it’s all about the Bud Light.

Tintin

[QUOTE=49or bust;178965]I had been thinking of making this thread myself. :smile:

Going to the UK is a good experience for a rookie beer connoissuer.
[B][SIZE=4]1.[/SIZE] [/B]Guinness Draught. I love Guinness. I mean I really love Guinness. Many people say it is too heavy to drink many of or that they don’t like to get drunk off Guinness. I could drink Guinness til the cows came home. The first day I was in England at the age of 16, during the last World Cup actually, I had my first Guinness in a London pub and it has been true love ever sense. Few things in life can bring you such happyness and satisfaction with little or no draw backs. Good friends, a good car, and a good beer. Some might say a good woman, but I’d say to them they probably have never had a woman.
[B]
2.[/B] Guinness Draught. Obviously, no other beer comes close. The second time I went to the UK I made it to the Guinness factory in Dublin with my brother. I got to see how my favorite beverage was made and the glorious history behind it. I got to go up to the glass bar at the top and drink a Guinness with a 360 degree view of all of Dublin. It was amazing to say the least.
[B]
[/QUOTE]

I agree with you except for one point: Ireland is not a part of the UK. Northern Ireland is though. I just got back from Ireland and the Guinness over there is sooo much better than here in the States. The Guinness factory is good, but they should have let us into the actual brewery. Loved the bar at the top. Best view of Dublin and it was only 7 stories.

Dublin, btw, is a shrine to alcoholism as they literally have a pub about every 10 feet. Fun times…

My favorite beer though: Labatt Blue

I agree with you except for one point: Ireland is not a part of the UK. Northern Ireland is though. I just got back from Ireland and the Guinness over there is sooo much better than here in the States. The Guinness factory is good, but they should have let us into the actual brewery. Loved the bar at the top. Best view of Dublin and it was only 7 stories.

Dublin, btw, is a shrine to alcoholism as they literally have a pub about every 10 feet. Fun times…

My favorite beer though: Labatt Blue

The Guiness in Ireland is much, much better than here. No comparison. It’s not the same.

Did you try the Budweiser while there? It too is different, but why drink that while in Ireland? If I wanted to get drunk, Furstenburg was the beer of choice while over there.

Back in the fraternity days it was always a good ol Miller Lite or whatever the keg in the closet was.

Bud Light, Red Oak (made in Greensboro), and Yummylings are my favs

Corona, Ice Houce, Coors Light.
I remember Red Wolf from college, but they don’t make it anymore.
When I feel my 75% German roots, I get a Beck’s Dark.

stonecold, you do realise that you dont have to put anything in the subject line, right? you always have one letter or one word in the subject line, as if you are required to fill it in with something before you post…

[QUOTE=austinniner;178969]4) Miller High Life

#4 is surprisingly flavorful for such a cheap beer. I tried it and love it.[/quote]

OMG, High Life has flavor, to be sure. It’s just not GOOD flavor. When I think of High Life, I think of the liquid that drips out of community pool trash cans at the end of a hot summer day. You know the ones filled with half-eaten hamburgers, popsicle juice, hot beer, baby diapers, etc…

I will say this though… Miller knows the main demographic for this beer and runs a great advertising campaign for it.

…but it still tastes like trash.

Bud Heavy (“the Diesel”)

Abita Turbodog
Blue Moon
Sam Adams Lager
Flying Dog Tire Bite
Young’s Oatmeal Stout
Great Divide Hercules Double IPA

Seriously, it depends on your mood and your meal. You can’t just pick 5.

It always makes me put something.

I HATE BEER SNOBS. Just an FYI.

[QUOTE=stonecoldken;179365]It always makes me put something.[/QUOTE]

apparently it didnt that time. not ragging on you, just curious as to why you always did that.

Seriously, it depends on your mood and your meal. You can't just pick 5.

And the weather as well. I find that I don’t drink as many dark, stout beers in the hot summer months. I prefer a lighter beer if I’m out on a pub patio during this time of year. But in the winter, I definitely head back to the heavier choices.

All this beer talk has me in the mood for a trip to Thomas St. Tavern for some good suds off the tap.
:toast:

I HATE BEER SNOBS. Just an FYI.

I HATE SWAMP ASS!

[QUOTE=hootie;179392]I HATE BEER SNOBS. Just an FYI.[/QUOTE]

Why is that? Beer has more varaties and palate sensations than just about any other food you could imagine - including wine. You’re missing out on a WHOLE LOT with that kind of attitude.

This “real Americans only drink cheap American beer” attitude is SO 1975.

[QUOTE=Roasty;179432]Why is that? Beer has more varaties and palate sensations than just about any other food you could imagine - including wine. You’re missing out on a WHOLE LOT with that kind of attitude.

This “real Americans only drink cheap American beer” attitude is SO 1975.[/QUOTE]
I am old school, I’ll admit it.

BUT, if you as much beer as I do, nothing is cheap.

[QUOTE=hootie;179450]BUT, if you as much beer as I do, nothing is cheap.[/QUOTE]
QFT! :stuck_out_tongue: