Favorite TV Shows

[i]Originally posted by ninerfan55[/i]@Apr 28 2005, 06:06 PM [b] cheers. the alltime greatest show. end of story. greatest cast, greatest set, greatest pilot of all time, greatest series finale of all time. [/b]
Cheers was one of the greatest finales of all time. But an underrated finale in my opinion was final show of Newhart (the Vermont innkeeper show).

My favorite shows

I Love Lucy
MASH
Romper Room
Sopranos (where’d you hear they start back in January?)
Cheers

the simpsons
family guy
mystery science theatre 3000
seinfeld

[i]Originally posted by SilvioDante[/i]@Apr 29 2005, 10:09 AM [b] Sopranos (where'd you hear they start back in January?) [/b]
Heard it on the radio a couple of weeks ago... They just started filming the final season and they said it will start airing in January. They also said it will be only 10 episodes instead of 13 like all of the previous seasons.
[i]Originally posted by LutzFan+Apr 29 2005, 10:23 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LutzFan @ Apr 29 2005, 10:23 AM)

Greatest American Hero. I was only a kid when it came on but I remember it being pretty good. Also, the old Batman series was good.

[i]Originally posted by forDniner[/i]@Apr 29 2005, 10:19 PM [b] Also, the old Batman series was good. [/b]
Most def.

I didn’t see “All in the FAmily” on anybody’s list. That show still makes me laugh, and I’m talking about episodes I’ve seen 15 times.

Land of the Lost.

Currently…

Smallville

the only thing still on worth watching is the simpsons.

old stuff that was good:

Star Trek (original and TNG)
Quantum Leap
Parker Lewis Can’t Lose

Have to concur with Sideshow, after the Simpsons their is a dramatic drop off. However I really like Law and Order.

[i]Originally posted by Savio[/i]@May 3 2005, 07:58 AM [b] Currently...

Smallville [/b]

I watched that when it first came out - I thought it was pretty good. The whole Clark and Lana almost, but not quite ever getting together just got WAY too old.

I forgot about Parker Lewis Can’t Lose - that was great!!

[i]Originally posted by 49erFan1[/i]@May 3 2005, 11:56 AM [b] Have to concur with Sideshow, after the Simpsons their is a dramatic drop off. However I really like Law and Order. [/b]
The Simpsons has degraded so much over the past 5 years, I am embarresed for them. It is completely unwatchable now. They should have quit while they were ahead.

from South Park episode: “Simpsons did it.”

Anybody remember Herman’s Head, Max Headroom, 3rd Rock from the Sun, and the Adventures of Pete & Pete?

Check out Arnie from AOP&P

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@May 3 2005, 05:54 PM [b] The Simpsons has degraded so much over the past 5 years, I am embarresed for them. It is completely unwatchable now. They should have quit while they were ahead. [/b]
I agree with that... I was a huge Simpsons fan and I own most of the box sets that are out so far but the new episodes suck. I haven't even watched it the last few years. I still watch some of the reruns though.

Favorite Simpsons episode?
I like the one where Homer goes to work for Hank Scorpio. The one with Frank Grimes is also a classic.

[i]Originally posted by LutzFan+May 3 2005, 08:53 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (LutzFan @ May 3 2005, 08:53 PM)
[b]The one with Frank Grimes is also a classic.[/b]

Homer: “Ah, good old Grimey. I wonder what ever happened to him?”

Frank Grimes Jr.: “He’s dead. You killed him.”

Classic.

[i]Originally posted by 49erpi[/i]@May 3 2005, 10:28 PM [b]
[b]The one with Frank Grimes is also a classic.[/b]

Homer: “Ah, good old Grimey. I wonder what ever happened to him?”

Frank Grimes Jr.: “He’s dead. You killed him.”

Classic. [/b]

That one was great.

Homer: “I am so smart! I am so smart! S M R T…I mean S M A R T!”

How about the one where he got really fat and went on disability?

Homer: “To start, press any key…where’s the any key?”

I have to watch these shows with the volume down and the kids in bed. I rarely go out of my way to catch a TV show, but I am hooked on these.

Sopranos

Deadwood