February signing day 2023

NA, when posting can you let us know something if this was expected (already verbal) or unexpected

This is the guy who transferred from Dematha and then back to Dematha last season. Limited profile info. Looks like he might have gone a bit under the radar.

at DeMatha Catholic: Helped DeMatha to a 10-2 record and an unbeaten 4-0 mark in the Washington Catholic - Capital Region โ€ฆ All-WCAC linebacker โ€ฆ DeMatha was ranked as the no. 3 team in Maryland โ€ฆ reached the WCAC-Capital Championship game, played at the Naval Academy โ€ฆ attended Centreville H.S. in Clifton, Va. as a junior before transferring back to DeMatha to complete his high school career.

Yes. But I think we can keep this really simple - How about if I only comment on surprise signings? If all I post is the typical commitment tweet with a profile, etc, it means it was expected. Does that work?

Also, if you want to refresh these threads, I will be updating each playerโ€™s info as it becomes available. May be a little more bio or ranking info each time.

4 Likes

Transfer from Richmond (FCS)

At Richmond: Played four seasons at Richmond, including the pandemic-impacted Spring 2021 campaign โ€ฆ 36 games played in his career, there โ€ฆ connected on 41-of-57 FGA (.719 pct.) with a long of 50 in his first season (2019) โ€ฆ hit 87-of-90 PATโ€™s, including a perfect 19-of-19 in 2022.

At Saint Frances: Five-star recruit by Kohlโ€™s Kicking Camp โ€ฆ ranked as the no. 1 kicker in Maryland โ€ฆ First team all-Metro as a kicker in 2018, hitting 6-of-6 FGA and 60-of-61 PATs โ€ฆ also all-Metro as a kicker in 2017 โ€ฆ earned Second Team All-Metro as a punter in his junior year โ€ฆ helped nationally-ranked Saint Frances to a 13-0 record and a MIAA State Championship.

Brian bates jr is a new commit

Okay I just lookedโ€ฆ he verballed 4 days ago, though we knew about it:

I forgot to add him to the list I posted up top.

He is so new they donโ€™t have a picture of him in a Niner uniform.

Also:

https://twitter.com/CharlotteFTBL/status/1620817540032401408?t=PuLu-lpI93zXv2PorsIXUA&s=19

The AD is doing a really nice job with these graphics.

4 Likes

With this poster it appears that is it for signing day? I know we expected sever others.

Well I am unclear if we are going to announce signings of transfers who have already enrolled.

Per this verbiageโ€ฆ Continue to check out this page for updates throughout Day One of the February signing period. Donโ€™t think so

Okay, something appears to be up with our commitments โ€œsigningโ€.

The NCAA waived the max limit for signees in one class so that should not be an issue.

That leaves a total scholarship cap. I donโ€™t have a current active roster to compare to, but I am starting to wonder if that means we have more commits than our available # of scholarships.

Which meansโ€ฆ

Are we funding some of these transfers with NIL money and not grant in aids? Basically, HBO money?

I asked an open ended question about this on Twitter a couple hours ago and then deleted it. Iโ€™m not sure I want to call attention to the issue.

Unless I am just completely wrong and we are about to announce 20 or so recruits late this afternoon.

Or maybe something else is delaying announcements of additional grant in aid packages.

Itโ€™s a unique situation, regardless. Have never seen a class this large in the history of College Football.

3 Likes

Coach seems really tired.

2 Likes

My favorite part 8:15-10:-55

side note, Biff needs a sun shade :slight_smile:

Not a surprise.

Not sure whatโ€™s up.

1 Like

What about OL Austin Johnson from Colorado

Not listed on update roster

Seems there some hold upโ€ฆ

1 Like

Per update roster, 7 players are missing from list at top. # 1, 3, 4, 5, 8, 15, and 23

Also #18 signed in December. I just screwed that up.

Iโ€™m trying to get some answers about the other guys. Will share if I am allowed to.

1 Like