February signing day 2023

This is going to be fun!

2 Likes

On3 :star::star::star: 87
247 :star::star::star: 86
ESPN :star::star::star: 77
Rivals :star::star::star::star: 5.8

At Purdue: Spent three seasons with the Boilermakers, including the 2020 season impacted by the pandemic … played in six games … played in two games in 2020, 2021 and 2022 … had one tackle, this past year.

At St. John’s: Four-star recruit by Rivals … rated him the No. 15 strong side defensive end in the 2020 recruiting class … three-star by ESPN.com and 247sports … 247Sports ranked him as the No. 19 weak-side defensive end … ESPN.com had him 68th, nationally, among defensive ends … St. John’s went 7-5 and with a perfect 4-0 mark in the Washington Catholic Capital Region … advanced to championship of Maryland’s WCAC - Capital playoffs.

1 Like

I know to expect a few to flip to other programs, but I am excited to see if we get any surprises today! Go Niners.

Can I just say amen or whatever to this? My stupid feeds are all blowing up and I keep thinking it’s signings and it’s all his crap. Sigh.

1 Like

Had offers from Air Force, Purdue, Coastal, others.

At South Gwinnett: First team All-Region 4-AAAAAAA … named honorable mention all-county … helped South Gwinnett to the first round of the 2021 GHSA AAAAAAA state playoffs … collected 37 tackles and 2.0 sacks as a senior … added an interception and two fumble recoveries.

4 Likes

NA, when posting can you let us know something if this was expected (already verbal) or unexpected

This is the guy who transferred from Dematha and then back to Dematha last season. Limited profile info. Looks like he might have gone a bit under the radar.

at DeMatha Catholic: Helped DeMatha to a 10-2 record and an unbeaten 4-0 mark in the Washington Catholic - Capital Region … All-WCAC linebacker … DeMatha was ranked as the no. 3 team in Maryland … reached the WCAC-Capital Championship game, played at the Naval Academy … attended Centreville H.S. in Clifton, Va. as a junior before transferring back to DeMatha to complete his high school career.

Yes. But I think we can keep this really simple - How about if I only comment on surprise signings? If all I post is the typical commitment tweet with a profile, etc, it means it was expected. Does that work?

Also, if you want to refresh these threads, I will be updating each player’s info as it becomes available. May be a little more bio or ranking info each time.

4 Likes

Transfer from Richmond (FCS)

At Richmond: Played four seasons at Richmond, including the pandemic-impacted Spring 2021 campaign … 36 games played in his career, there … connected on 41-of-57 FGA (.719 pct.) with a long of 50 in his first season (2019) … hit 87-of-90 PAT’s, including a perfect 19-of-19 in 2022.

At Saint Frances: Five-star recruit by Kohl’s Kicking Camp … ranked as the no. 1 kicker in Maryland … First team all-Metro as a kicker in 2018, hitting 6-of-6 FGA and 60-of-61 PATs … also all-Metro as a kicker in 2017 … earned Second Team All-Metro as a punter in his junior year … helped nationally-ranked Saint Frances to a 13-0 record and a MIAA State Championship.

Brian bates jr is a new commit

Okay I just looked… he verballed 4 days ago, though we knew about it:

I forgot to add him to the list I posted up top.

He is so new they don’t have a picture of him in a Niner uniform.

Also:

https://twitter.com/CharlotteFTBL/status/1620817540032401408?t=PuLu-lpI93zXv2PorsIXUA&s=19

The AD is doing a really nice job with these graphics.

4 Likes

With this poster it appears that is it for signing day? I know we expected sever others.

Well I am unclear if we are going to announce signings of transfers who have already enrolled.

Per this verbiage… Continue to check out this page for updates throughout Day One of the February signing period. Don’t think so

Okay, something appears to be up with our commitments β€œsigning”.

The NCAA waived the max limit for signees in one class so that should not be an issue.

That leaves a total scholarship cap. I don’t have a current active roster to compare to, but I am starting to wonder if that means we have more commits than our available # of scholarships.

Which means…

Are we funding some of these transfers with NIL money and not grant in aids? Basically, HBO money?

I asked an open ended question about this on Twitter a couple hours ago and then deleted it. I’m not sure I want to call attention to the issue.

Unless I am just completely wrong and we are about to announce 20 or so recruits late this afternoon.

Or maybe something else is delaying announcements of additional grant in aid packages.

It’s a unique situation, regardless. Have never seen a class this large in the history of College Football.

3 Likes

Coach seems really tired.

2 Likes

My favorite part 8:15-10:-55

side note, Biff needs a sun shade :slight_smile:

Not a surprise.

Not sure what’s up.

1 Like