Feel free to bump your "extend Lutz" quotes from last spring

here. I’m too lazy to look them up.

[QUOTE=Mike Niner Hunt;366320]here. I’m too lazy to look them up.[/QUOTE]

Lazy??? Nah, not you. :shades:

There are still 23+ games left…If we go 19-4 and get to 20 wins with this group of players we should give Lutz a lifetime contract!!!

But when he finishes below .500…he should be a man and admit he’s done all he can for us. He’s had a good run, especially in the CUSA years. I respect what he’s done but it’s time for a change. A change in culture, a change in direction, a change in philosophy, a change in attitude…a change simply just to shake things up.

We are as stale as ever…and need major changes to re-kindle the success here.

[QUOTE=TRLeader;366363]There are still 23+ games left…If we go 19-4 and get to 20 wins with this group of players we should give Lutz a lifetime contract!!!

But when he finishes below .500…he should be a man and admit he’s done all he can for us. He’s had a good run, especially in the CUSA years. I respect what he’s done but it’s time for a change. A change in culture, a change in direction, a change in philosophy, a change in attitude…a change simply just to shake things up.

We are as stale as ever…and need major changes to re-kindle the success here.[/QUOTE]

Stale is an understatement-> Wenzel said Charlotte was trying to mix-up several defenses, but we appeared to be confusing ourselves more than CSF-> This right after the monster dunk over Mack by I believe Anderson. Lutz has been running these same schemes for years.

[QUOTE=Mike Niner Hunt;366320]here. I’m too lazy to look them up.[/QUOTE]

feel free to go back to TBR

Crickets

Bump. The floor is still open.

I was on the extend Lutz bandwagon last year, too lazy to bump my quotes.

I guess that makes me a terrible person?

[SIZE=5][B][FONT=System]<-------------[/FONT][/B][/SIZE] Still to lazy. You find the damn things!!

I couldn’t find any quotes for or against any Lutz extension… but I did find this dated from last February:

[QUOTE]I think we will have a very balanced team next year. Ian will be our #1 3 point threat and inside will be controlled by Phil opening up room for coley, wilderness and dewhurst to drive to the basket. Mack, in my opinion doesn’t really fit into the system next year because he is looking more and more like deangelo, hovering around the perimeter instead of using his size and skill to get to the rim.

Barnett is going to be tough to match up with offensively because of his size, but probably will receive limited action (10-15 min/game) next year.
Same thing with Bowden and I hope he doesnt get discouraged because of it.

The key to our offense is Gerrity. With a year of play under his belt with these guys, I think he will be our general. He will also try and become more of a scoring threat as well.[/QUOTE]

So because some of the main things I picked have failed, that is the reason we are in the position we are… and why Lutz is on the hot seat… right???

I was against the extension untill the run in the conference tournament. I felt like Bobby would build on that run heading into this season. Looks like that’s all that was, just a nice run in the conference tournament.

I’m not bumping anything…but I argued against the extension as well. I was on the other end of the spectrum with Switchfoot. The run in the conference tournament was classic poor basketball and just more of the same from Bobby’s teams. We shot our way to the wins we got. We rained threes we won, we didn’t we lost. Even the last game winner was a 3 from Leemire. Then we play Nebraska and get blitzed. Just poor basketball all around.

It’s just something we’re going to have to live with. Maybe he’ll actually change. Here’s to hoping.

i was for the extension before I was against it.

Mainly because with football on the horizon, we didn’t have the money/resources to do a coaching search and pay out the rear for someone better than bobby. I wouldn’t even consider my self on the “fire bobby” side of the fence, so apathetic now I am not even close enough to the farm to see a fence.

Jump all over me if you want, I still see us with a winning record at the end of the season.
Gerrity put us behind before the season started, Bowdens loss hurt and jumbled lineup even
more. Still sorting things out and looking for the right combinations. With all this we still are in
games, against mostly decent teams.

Jump all over me if you want, I still see us with a winning record at the end of the season. Gerrity put us behind before the season started, Bowdens loss hurt and jumbled lineup even more. Still sorting things out and looking for the right combinations. With all this we still are in games, against mostly decent teams.

This is the problem, the powers to be think the same thing…this guy transfered, this kid got hurt, etc, etc…excuses excuses excuses.

I’ve asked it 1,000,000 times…if the 2nd round is the best we have done with Bobby as coach, what since the move to the A-10 has made anyone believe he can do the same or even better???

[QUOTE=Charlotte2002;367199]This is the problem, the powers to be think the same thing…this guy transfered, this kid got hurt, etc, etc…excuses excuses excuses.[/QUOTE]

Excuses are easier to accept then sometimes the tough reality that a good person just isn’t right for the job anymore.

Why complain now? It was about 75% of the people said give Lutz an extension. I also agreed he should get one.

Now we must live with it the next 2-3 years. No way they pay him $1 million to leave (I wouldn’t).

At least we were in the games, only blown out of 1 maybe 2. Otherwise they were competitive games that could have went either way. Such is life… move on.