Fill in seats in student section?

U GUYS THINK ITS POSSIBLE TO ADD SEATS ON THE TRACK PART TO UNITE THE STUDENT SECTION… SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA

It would be a nice idea IN THEORY, but it’d probably be a major fire hazard.

Yeah UNCC already has enough fire hazards on campus as it is…

Definately fill it in halfway. Last I checked I think the Fire Marshall will be watching the game.

[i]Originally posted by metuncc[/i]@Feb 4 2005, 07:35 AM [b] Yeah UNCC already has enough fire hazards on campus as it is.... [/b]
:lol: You saw that report one NBC6 last night too?

Let’s worry about filling the permanent seats first please.

News about seating in of all places, the Dean Dome…
UNC’s Boosters’ seats bring in the money, Greensboro News & Record

[SIZE=2]WEAR GREEN[/SIZE]

Sure did Lutzfan, and it’s also an article on WCNC.com

Investigators Uncover Safety Violations at UNCC

This is a good question…I hate that track and whoever designed it like that should have their ass kicked. There is a huge difference from watching a game in the lower level than the upper. I have always thought that the track was put there so more seats can be added later.

I’ve suggested this a few times too. But right now, it’s just not pratical until we sell out a majority of our games.

[i]Originally posted by pcon[/i]@Feb 4 2005, 10:21 AM [b] This is a good question...I hate that track and whoever designed it like that should have their ass kicked. There is a huge difference from watching a game in the lower level than the upper. I have always thought that the track was put there so more seats can be added later. [/b]
It wasn't originally designed like that. Not sure how it was meant to be but definitely not like that.

not that many people use the track. somne do, but like not that many.

The SAC was built as a combonation recreation facility and basketball arena. That is why the upper level seats fold back to unveil the rec courts that intramurals are played on. The track, fitness center, climbing wall, and game room are all also parts of the SAC. Monies from Intramurals, Rec Facilities, and VENTURE, along with athletics were all used to help build the SAC with its multi-purpose venues. That is why the track is where it is. The architectural firm hired to design it thought this was the best place for it because it doubles as a concourse. If the SAC wasn’t designed as a mutil-use facility, the other departments wouldn’t have given money to help build it, and we quite possibly would still be driving to Cricket Arena to watch games.