Final record predictions

Lets get it on record. For my part, my prediction for our record before the A-10 tourney…

16-13

13-16. Looks like we’re on track to another 2002/2003 season

10-19

maybe we can hang a NIT banner after this season. lol

No NIT banner IMO.

18-11

maybe we can hang a NIT banner after this season. lol

another banner year!

15-14 we want beasley

[QUOTE=unccnick84;143776]18-11[/QUOTE]

I’ll go with 18-11 also.

Our team is so streaky… hopefully we can finish above .500… I’ll have to throw out the prediction of 17-12

I’ll go with 14-15

Could be wrong.

I don’t know that the boy’s are that good!

I think you just saw the longest win streak the 49ers will have all season.

I am going back on injured reserve, that was a painful first game to come back to Halton for folks.:weep:

I say 14-15…If we play well

I’ll go with 16-13. I think we’ll get a little better as the season goes along and hopefully we’ll be good enough to make the NIT. (I never thought I’d be saying that before the season started.) We will have to play much better if we want to stay in the top half of the A10.

:unhappy:

Could we really lose the rest of our non-conference games? Before last night, I’d said “NO WAY”.

But right now, anything is possible. I think we’ll be lucky to go into January with a 6-6 record. (If its 5-7, Lutz should resign on New Years Eve)

So, 6-6 before conference play, a .500 conference record, & a loss in Winston gives us 14-15 (I think).

Bottom line, we are what we are. A 5-4 team that has the ability to be 7-2.

I’ve said it before & I feel like saying it again…I’m sick and tired of this school hanging banners for making the tournament. This team plays like their goal is to simply “hang” another banner. If you are a “top 40” program ( I think Charlotte is that), making the tournament is NOT something to celebrate. The collective tournament appearances deserve to be on ONE banner.

The only teams that deserve their own banner for a season are:

1. Conference Regular Season Champs

2. Conference Tournament Champs
    (if these happen in the same season, they go on one banner)

3. NIT Final Four

4. NCAA round of 16

5. NCAA round of 8

6. NCAA Final Four

7. NCAA Runner-Up

8. NCAA Champion

Put these rules in place and then challenge the team to hang a new banner and lets see what happens.

[QUOTE=SilvioDante;143830]Could we really lose the rest of our non-conference games? Before last night, I’d said “NO WAY”.

But right now, anything is possible. I think we’ll be lucky to go into January with a 6-6 record. (If its 5-7, Lutz should resign on New Years Eve)

So, 6-6 before conference play, a .500 conference record, & a loss in Winston gives us 14-15 (I think).

Bottom line, we are what we are. A 5-4 team that has the ability to be 7-2.

I’ve said it before & I feel like saying it again…I’m sick and tired of this school hanging banners for making the tournament. This team plays like their goal is to simply “hang” another banner. If you are a “top 40” program ( I think Charlotte is that), making the tournament is NOT something to celebrate. The collective tournament appearances deserve to be on ONE banner.

The only teams that deserve their own banner for a season are:

1. Conference Regular Season Champs

2. Conference Tournament Champs
    (if these happen in the same season, they go on one banner)

3. NIT Final Four

4. NCAA round of 16

5. NCAA round of 8

6. NCAA Final Four

7. NCAA Runner-Up

8. NCAA Champion

Put these rules in place and then challenge the team to hang a new banner and lets see what happens.[/QUOTE]

Very good points. This is what most self respecting programs do. I don’t see why we have to have lower standards.

I would add that a Regular Season Conf. championship should say “(Tie)” on it if it is a tie. 2004 is listed as a conf. championship which is pretty bogus. It makes us looks pathetic when the team gets rings for a five way tie. IMO, a championship is not worth it if more than 1/3 of the league also wins the championship.

Lets get it on record. For my part, my prediction for our record before the A-10 tourney...

16-13

Might have been a little pessimistic. Changing to 18-11, as optimistic and realistic as I can be.

Might have been a little pessimistic. Changing to 18-11, as optimistic and realistic as I can be.

http://kenpom.com/sked.php?&y=2002&team=Charlotte

Sounds like 2002 all over again, eh BobandEd?

I think you just saw the longest win streak the 49ers will have all season.

I am going back on injured reserve, that was a painful first game to come back to Halton for folks.:weep:

Good to hear you’re off the bench HP…:clap:

I’ll go with 16-13

20-9