Financial Calculator

[font=Arial][size=15px]So I need to buy a financial calculator, but I have no clue about this market. Online reviews go both ways. So I was wondering if there are any financiers, managers or accountants etc that have used a financial calculator such as the Texas Instruments BA II Plus Financial Calculator or an HP-10bII Financial Calculator could point me in the right direction. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial][/size][/font]
[font=Arial][/size][size=15px]Those two have been recommended to me by my professor. Looking online, I can’t tell which one is a better buy, although both are priced well. There also seem to be other options, but there is so much information about there it is hard to sort out whether they are worth it or not. [/size][/font]
[font=Arial][/size][size=15px]Also, if anyone has a financial calculator that they need to get rid of, let me know I’ll be happy to take a look at it![/size][/font]
[font=Arial][/size][size=15px]Thanks for any info guys![/size][/font]

When I came through Charlotte I bought the TI BA II Plus Financial Calculator for my finance classes. It always worked really well and the texts we used usually used that type of calculators as their example in problem walk-throughs. I never even saw the HP one, so I can’t really give an opinion on it.

I’ve still got the HP 10B I had in college. Still works great. Lots of people use the fancier version but I never did like entering the info backwards. Besides, mine does everything I need. I guess it just depends on what you need the calculator to do.

Here ya go Gill…

I’m a financial planner and I still use the BA II Plus that I used in college.

I’m with VA, HP 10B for me too. If you have an iPhone you can buy the app.

Hmmm split down the middle, although Chisox’s option is slightly ahead with the abacus not to far behind.

Deez, I originally thought I would just look in the book, but I couldn’t discern a big enough difference to see whether it was one calc or another :frowning: Which is what put me in this predicament.

But it does seem like either calculator will do the job fine, so I think I may end up leaving this one up to price.

Thanks for the quick feedback guys! I appreciate it!