Fire Judy Chant- Wake Forest Game

Students are calling out alumni saying they were loud and we sat on our hands Vs. Davidson. Hope everyone shows up ready to roll tuesday!

I don’t think too many alumni will ever join in on fire Judy chants at games, even if they’re as fed up as anyone else. Alumni speak with their donations, or lack there of, emails to admin officials and attendance.

It’s up to the students to be loud as hell. They can’t hold their student fees back.

[size=1em]I’m 33 years old have been laid off twice in my career. If you are skilled and can bring value to an organization the drum beats just continues. [font=verdana]Judy should of been fired 10 years ago for blatantly ignoring football and allowing our peers to leave us in the dust. She has been making a healthy salary for years, she should be fine even though she won’t be finding another job.[/font][/size]

[size=1em][font=verdana]That said, the wife and I will be there with 2 signs and loud as hell.[/font][/size]

The section of students on opposite side of the band never chanted once. Curious if that changes this week of if it remains only the area with the band.

The section of students on opposite side of the band never chanted once. Curious if that changes this week of if it remains only the area with the band.[/quote]

That side hasn’t cheered in 3 years

The section of students on opposite side of the band never chanted once. Curious if that changes this week of if it remains only the area with the band.[/quote]

Honestly, all they need is one or two of the “Fire Judy” chanters to sit on the opposite side. If they’re loud enough, people will join in. Just can’t be afraid to do it… and then with the addition of alumni, Judy won’t be able to escape it.

I know for the Davidson game, the AD cranked up the sound to drown it out. But if we can get a few hundred doing it, it will look far more intentional and could raise the tension of the place.

Doing a “Fire Judy” chant at a live sporting event seems a little cruel to me.

Not quite as cruel as having to watch a Charlotte basketball or football game though…

Calling for someone to be fired is itself cruel. I’d love it if there were another way. I don’t really feel like it’s fair toniur basketball team. With that said it’s the price of war.

If you think this is cruel, good thing you aren’t a fan of a bigger athletics department.

I am so freaking tired of sitting on an airplane in conversation, having dinner at a bar on business 1000 miles away talking sports, family holiday sports talks, neighborhood bbq, or sunday at church and the person next to me says “what happened to your UNCC program, you guys used to be so good?”

No hyperbole, that conversation has happened 100’s of times

How many times have same people fist bumped me due to UNCC success the last decade? ZERO

who is cruel here…

Needs to be done. If we want to start acting like a legit program and we belong, this has to be done. They need to hear us and not just a few. They cant turn a blind eye to this.

Calling for someone to be fired is itself cruel. I’d love it if there were another way. I don’t really feel like it’s fair toniur basketball team. With that said it’s the price of war.[/quote]

Totally agreed. There seems like no alternative here. Getting football was a fight. I’d say in some ways this one is even harder.

[quote=“punchdrunk, post:31, topic:31233”]I am so freaking tired of sitting on an airplane in conversation, having dinner at a bar on business 1000 miles away talking sports, family holiday sports talks, neighborhood bbq, or sunday at church and the person next to me says “what happened to your UNCC program, you guys used to be so good?”

How many times have same people fist bumped me due to UNCC success the last decade? ZERO[/quote]

THIS! It is agonizing this time of year talking with friends and family from other schools.

It’s cruel that the current students have never had a chance to experience success the basketball program had before Judy decimated it. It would be cruel not to act to stop her if we can from further crippling our athletics program.

She is defiant (per David Scott) and continuing to make poor decisions in her arrogance that hurt the university. None of us want this but it’s either revolt or allow her to continue to hold back our beloved university for an unspecified number of years (if she has any thoughts of retiring she has not expressed them). Even her defenders have no statistical evidence to back up retaining her, we can’t allow one person to keep wrecking the train.

Please go Judy, please.

Uh you mean ‘our’ mansion. Phil get’s to live there rent free for awhile.

These days I just change the subject or pretend I didn’t hear them.

[quote=“punchdrunk, post:31, topic:31233”]I am so freaking tired of sitting on an airplane in conversation, having dinner at a bar on business 1000 miles away talking sports, family holiday sports talks, neighborhood bbq, or sunday at church and the person next to me says “what happened to your UNCC program, you guys used to be so good?”

How many times have same people fist bumped me due to UNCC success the last decade? ZERO

who is cruel here…[/quote]
Stop having conversations.

Can we change the name of the thread to “#FireJudy Rose Night”?

I think this is coordinated chanting - not an official we want judy gone night. I think the aim is to have that theme night after break.