FIRE LAMBERT!!!!!!!!!!!

Getting back on topic… In Lambert’s defense, he has hit the max recruiting potential without the support of the Prez or AD.

Top 2 things needed and should be done immediately.

1. Upper deck to the stadium
  2. Indoor practice facility

If you build it, they will come.

[quote=“hateappstate, post:481, topic:31078”]Getting back on topic… In Lambert’s defense, he has hit the max recruiting potential without the support of the Prez or AD.

If you build it, they will come.[/quote]

His teams would still commit the dumbest penalties possible even if they played in the nicest stadium in the world. He can’t develop the guys he does recruit.

[quote=“hateappstate, post:481, topic:31078”]Getting back on topic… In Lambert’s defense, he has hit the max recruiting potential without the support of the Prez or AD.

Some local high schools will not send kids here. His shit recruiting is his own doing.

We dont need an indoor facility. The Panthers don’t even have one. So many other things to do before that.

Uh-oh, NLP done laid out the LAW!
Y’all in trouble now! :-* :stuck_out_tongue: :o ;D

While I don’t agree, I can see Dubois’ point to Collie on paragraphs 1-2. Paragraph 3, CHP was way out of line. It’s like your Minister saying don’t make a suggestion at church because you don’t give enough.

Mr. Collie, I don’t want to argue with you, but I do think it’s out of line to tell recruits to go elsewhere. And Unc & State might have held us down in late 90’s to early 00’s. Now they think we’re a joke.

CHP essentially said, “F U. Your opinion and email isn’t even worthy of a response but I can’t pass the opportunity to dig on your history of giving. You prob don’t make much and donate peanuts so crawl back into your hole. In closing, you just got Manzieled.”

Is CHP the person ultimately responsible for Judy? If so, I think more anger should def go to CHP and his boss/board for not keeping his AD accountable for results and pissing away money.

[quote=“cibik02, post:486, topic:31078”]CHP essentially said, “F U. Your opinion and email isn’t even worthy of a response but I can’t pass the opportunity to dig on your history of giving. You prob don’t make much and donate peanuts so crawl back into your hole. In closing, you just got Manzieled.”

Is CHP the person ultimately responsible for Judy? If so, I think more anger should def go to CHP and his boss/board for not keeping his AD accountable for results and pissing away money.[/quote]
True he Manziel’d me, but I make more than Judy Rose today. He could use a piece? I’d say myself an my 4 best UNCC baseball friends gross right at $2 mil a year combined, one doing a million a year? UNCC gets nada from us, and won’t til its made right. I know several baseball guys killing it financially 500K incomes giving nothing. Lesson 1 of revenue streams, don’t burn potential clients, especially ones who might spread the word. Bigger lesson, is our stadiums are empty…He needs all the $1000 alum he can muster at the moment (when I wrote this for Lutz)…just my sober analysis

[quote=“punchdrunk, post:452, topic:31078”]Just remember folks what Choo Choo Dubois thinks of modest season ticket holders:

Dear Mr. Collie:

I appreciate your advice.  I also remember your sharing just about a year ago a strongly worded (and, in my view, inaccurate) characterization of my actions relative to the football issue and of the performance of Judy Rose. So, with that base of experience, I’m less inclined to pay too much attention to your opinion today.  With that said, I agree with all of the things you say about the team today compared to last year.

I’ve never believed that we could leave the hiring or firing of coaches (or anyone else) to fans, donors, alumni, or students.  They see the public face of the program (as you have described); they are simply not close enough to the real situation to be able to make considered judgments about the content or length of contractual obligations.  Nevertheless, their opinions do matter because we need their support to be able to put together the kind of financial packages that make it possible to recruit—and then retain—good coaches.  Season ticket sales are 500 below what they were just five years ago.  If people want us to stand behind this coach or that coach, then we need their help.  

And so, with that said, I hope you’ll consider more significant and consistent financial support.  Your lifetime giving to Athletics is modest for someone who has been out of school for 12 years and you have purchased season tickets, in fact,  only three of the last six years.  So, if you want to put your money where your mouth is, there is ample opportunity.

Best,
Phil[/quote]

Two things:

1. The tragic passing of Coach Ratliff really hurt the program. I think you are really seeing that now.
  2. I am not sure when this email was composed by Chancellor Dubois. But if you take it to be how he really thinks…then I believe you ALSO must deduce that he would like to see a head coaching change. The alumni are NOT supportive of Coach Lambert at this juncture.

[quote=“punchdrunk, post:487, topic:31078”][quote=“cibik02, post:486, topic:31078”]CHP essentially said, “F U. Your opinion and email isn’t even worthy of a response but I can’t pass the opportunity to dig on your history of giving. You prob don’t make much and donate peanuts so crawl back into your hole. In closing, you just got Manzieled.”

Is CHP the person ultimately responsible for Judy? If so, I think more anger should def go to CHP and his boss/board for not keeping his AD accountable for results and pissing away money.[/quote]
True he Manziel’d me, but I make more than Judy Rose today. He could use a piece? I’d say myself an my 4 best UNCC baseball friends gross right at $2 mil a year combined, one doing a million a year? UNCC gets nada from us, and won’t til its made right. I know several baseball guys killing it financially 500K incomes giving nothing. Lesson 1 of revenue streams, don’t burn potential clients, especially ones who might spread the word. Bigger lesson, is our stadiums are empty…He needs all the $1000 alum he can muster at the moment (when I wrote this for Lutz)…just my sober analysis[/quote]

I agree he was wrong. Was just sayin he doesn’t give a F. He has to be in FU mode this late in his career.

The salary talk is back!

Hell ya I did and it’s a huge problem. 20 years ago we could pull 9000 people into the old coliseum. Then uncc had 40,000 alum with an avg age of 30 making 50k at best? Now uncc has 125,000 alum avg age 45 making 100k? We penetrate our available market a fraction what we did 2 decades ago. We miss out on truck loads of cash in the uncc pool of $$

Or you could milk $800 from kids and be lazy

Hell ya I did and it’s a huge problem. 20 years ago we could pull 9000 people into the old coliseum. Then uncc had 40,000 alum with an avg age of 30 making 50k at best? Now uncc has 125,000 alum avg age 45 making 100k? We penetrate our available market a fraction what we did 2 decades ago. We miss out on truck loads of cash in the uncc pool of $$

Or you could milk $800 from kids and be lazy[/quote]

This is the absolute truth, like it or not. The failure to capitalize on maturity of the fan-base in both size and wealth has been the biggest shortcoming. Its a chicken and egg argument though. Judy and the leadership needed to have a product people wanted to support. Lousy leagues, lousy records aren’t a ticket to success. They failed miserably, and alienated people in the process…

Or you could milk $800 from kids and be lazy[/quote]

This is the absolute truth, like it or not. The failure to capitalize on maturity of the fan-base in both size and wealth has been the biggest shortcoming. Its a chicken and egg argument though. Judy and the leadership needed to have a product people wanted to support. Lousy leagues, lousy records aren’t a ticket to success. They failed miserably, and alienated people in the process…[/quote]
The people giving that money would want results though, the whales just want Mayberry here.

[quote=“rtown49er, post:488, topic:31078”][quote=“punchdrunk, post:452, topic:31078”]Just remember folks what Choo Choo Dubois thinks of modest season ticket holders:

Dear Mr. Collie:

I appreciate your advice.  I also remember your sharing just about a year ago a strongly worded (and, in my view, inaccurate) characterization of my actions relative to the football issue and of the performance of Judy Rose. So, with that base of experience, I’m less inclined to pay too much attention to your opinion today.  With that said, I agree with all of the things you say about the team today compared to last year.

I’ve never believed that we could leave the hiring or firing of coaches (or anyone else) to fans, donors, alumni, or students.  They see the public face of the program (as you have described); they are simply not close enough to the real situation to be able to make considered judgments about the content or length of contractual obligations.  Nevertheless, their opinions do matter because we need their support to be able to put together the kind of financial packages that make it possible to recruit—and then retain—good coaches.  Season ticket sales are 500 below what they were just five years ago.  If people want us to stand behind this coach or that coach, then we need their help.  

And so, with that said, I hope you’ll consider more significant and consistent financial support.  Your lifetime giving to Athletics is modest for someone who has been out of school for 12 years and you have purchased season tickets, in fact,  only three of the last six years.  So, if you want to put your money where your mouth is, there is ample opportunity.

Best,
Phil[/quote]

Two things:

1. The tragic passing of Coach Ratliff really hurt the program. I think you are really seeing that now.
  2. I am not sure when this email was composed by Chancellor Dubois. But if you take it to be how he really thinks…then I believe you ALSO must deduce that he would like to see a head coaching change. The alumni are NOT supportive of Coach Lambert at this juncture.[/quote]

I am more supportive of the current football coach than I am of Judy and Phil. Firing Lambert and hiring a new coach is like putting a band aid on an athletic department that is hemorrhaging blood.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:494, topic:31078”][quote=“rtown49er, post:488, topic:31078”][quote=“punchdrunk, post:452, topic:31078”]Just remember folks what Choo Choo Dubois thinks of modest season ticket holders:

Dear Mr. Collie:

Best,
Phil[/quote]

Two things:

2. I am not sure when this email was composed by Chancellor Dubois. But if you take it to be how he really thinks…then I believe you ALSO must deduce that he would like to see a head coaching change. The alumni are NOT supportive of Coach Lambert at this juncture.[/quote]

I am more supportive of the current football coach than I am of Judy and Phil. Firing Lambert and hiring a new coach is like putting a band aid on an athletic department that is hemorrhaging blood.[/quote]

Kind of. A new coach would generate a little excitement and buy us some time until Judy retires.

This coaching staff might go 2-10 next season but the Rich would be emptier than it is now. Lambert plays a boring style of football that isn’t successful.

I’d rather us go back to losing 47-41, 48-40 and 63-56 like in 2014 than knowing we have to be lucky to score a touchdown and can’t kick FG’s at all.

this is gold 6 and a half years later

[quote=“Expectations Manager, post:496, topic:31078”]this is gold 6 and a half years later

Disgusting to see “oh my gosh”. Jesus

“We had our list of what we were looking for and ‘wow factor’ was on there,” Rose said. “But see, I think we got wow factor. Is it wow factor compared to Bill Curry or Coker, older guys who have been there and done that and come back? In a lot of people’s minds maybe no. But a wow factor in what he’s accomplished.”

[quote=“Expectations Manager, post:496, topic:31078”]this is gold 6 and a half years later

It is apparent Judy just makes impulsive decisions based on her gut feeling at the moment. Logic and reason don’t become a factor.

a guy she had never heard of had ‘wow’ factor.