FIRE LAMBERT!!!!!!!!!!!

oops.

3 Likes

Hahaha that’s great.

I get giddy, thinking about Hill hiring a new football coach.

I know everyone would like to have a new coach, but I hope we go bowling this year so it will be fun to watch the Nimers this fall. I know the chances are good that we will have a new coach next uesr, biut I do not understand why we would pull against our team

Urban Meyer come on down!

1 Like

I completely agree.

Fire him!

No one is pulling against the team to do well, but it is just a fact that they will not do well. This is a tremendous uphill battle with the schedule and coaching turnover. Add to that coach Lambert hasn’t proven that he can get the job done. We’ve seen where this ride leads and most are ready for a new ride.

The odds are with you, but it is certainly NOT a fact…at this point.

I’m most certainly NOT rooting against my Niners. But I haven’t seen anything that gives me hope that we will win more than 3 games and if that’s the case I think he’ll be fired.

It’s a fact? What world are you living in. They just started practicing on Friday…

1 Like

The term fact is not what you should focus on. It is the subjective meaning of “do well.” If you think that doing well is winning 2 or 3 games then you are correct and it is not a fact. I hope that I am wrong guys, but what has Lambert done to show us that he can be a successful head coach at the D1 level? What has he done that has shown you that he will not be a successful coach at the D1 level? I’m thinking that the list for the latter question is much longer.

Bringing back players and experience is great, but the coach has too many flaws. He seems like a great guy, but we need a winner and not a great guy to take this program to the next level. If we can find both then great, but you look at the successful D1 head coaches and tell me how many of these guys are great guys versus how many are arrogant pricks.

Don’t try to change the argument now. No one has said we are likely to have a great season, just that having a decent/respectable season is at least possible…if not probable…and again, you stated it was FACT that we wouldn’t do well. Obviously, that is not a “fact” at this point, even though it could well end up being a fact later this year.

I think it is important to ponder the question, what is Mike Hill shooting for here? Football has the opportunity to be the biggest sport on campus in terms of attendance, building connections to the University, and ranking high in the State of NC. In hoops, Duke keeps rebuilding K one joint at a time, and not even the NCAA can stop ol’ Roy, so being #1 in football should be the goal. With Home & Homes coming up against App, ECU, Duke, UNC-CH and Maryland we need to be ready to take advantage. You don’t know how Lambert will do against them, and you don’t know how his replacement would do against them–so you play the odds. They favor a new coach.

maybe an “alternate” fact?

I know some of you are high on Lambert. However, He has shown me zero ability to coach in game, hire the right coaches, or recruit. Do you remember how close we were to winning 0 games last year. I think that Lambert was gone the day that Hill took the job. The timing wasn’t right for the move and basketball was in need of direction. That said his players love him and I, with zero apprehension think that he was a great start to our program. But after last year my green tinted glasses are off. I thought that he should have been let go and I still think he should. Zero games and 9 months of time doesn’t change anything for me.

i automatically give 10 points to “good guys” but those points are quickly subtracted.
lambert is down to about a 1.1.
for future reference, i don’t want us to get in the gutter, but surely there are some excellent coaches out there who are also descent people. if i’m wrong, let me know and i’ll just unplug my TV every Saturday afternoon.
when i was a youngster we always had Bobby Dodd (Ga Tech) as the speaker at our football banquet. His annual closing line: “You send us a good boy to Ga Tech and we’ll send you home a fine young man.” And in the late-50s onward, they kicked almost everybody’s ass. You can look it up!

Who is high on Lambert?

I think the book is in on Lambert, and it’s not good. I would love so badly to be wrong. That would be the best crow on planet earth.

I will give my word on this, if we can get us bowling, he will have a hand written apology note on his desk before Christmas from myself, and I will never complain about him again.

clt says he earn big points by beating odu