FIRE LAMBERT!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL. Just shaking my head at how dumb our fans can be

I agree, our fans think that having one good year is cause to extend coaches: See Alan Major. You have to look at the overall product and the trend. I said it when Major was in year 5, I would have traded an NCAA berth to get rid of him. He wasnā€™t the guy.

Lambert has never had a winning season, heā€™s 17-41 overall and 4-20 in CUSA play.

They would have fired Dean Smith and Coach K based on their early records.

Dean Smith was a winner from 2nd season on. Mike won at Armyā€¦won immediately at Duke and was back to winning season 4.

Try again clown.

1 Like

A10, I actually do agree with you that our fans are overly critical of Lambert, but I also think itā€™s gonna take a really good year for him to stick around, especially with a new AD.

I enjoy a dissenting opinion from the usual around here, so Iā€™m curious, in your eyes what gets Brad fired after this year? What keeps him around? What do you realistically see happening this year?

Iā€™ll answer all three. I think if he bowls, he stays. Anything less is gonna be tough, especially taking recruiting into account.

I realistically see a 3-4 win season this year.

And yet the fans wanted to fire them, Mr Loose With The Insults. FUCK YOU!

https://sports.yahoo.com/college-footballs-hot-seat-conference-conference-breakdown-potential-hirings-firings-season-000008676.html

" CONFERENCE USA ā€“ The hot job that up-and-coming assistants are eyeing is Charlotte. The location and recruiting base should yield better than Brad Lambertā€™s 7-29 record the past three seasons."

I think this argument is pointless, Lambert is not going to have a good year.

2 Likes

I think we agree on that, but trashing and insulting comments about Brad personally are more pointless unless one is an unrestrained and irrational prick .

Iā€™m really confused why you keep saying people are insulting him personally. Iā€™ve not seen people do this. They have talked about his coaching, his recruiting, and public speaking which are all part of his job. Everyone seems to think highly of him personally but just thinks heā€™s over his head professionally.

Bunch of snowflakes.

I find the Coach K comparisons hilarious, every time they come up in every context. For every coach that lost for 3 or 4 or 5 years before becoming an amazing coach, there are hundreds who lost for 3 or 4 or 5 years and just sucked. Pretty simple. Simple minds have trouble grasping simple concepts though.

3 Likes

Best case scenario this season beat Fordham, Umass, WKU, and FIU. 4-8 doesnā€™t qualify for a bowl. Fire Lambert! Hopefully Hill can hire someone that is a nice guy and good at their job.

Iā€™m think changing schemes on both sides of the ball is going to make things worse (for at least a year). The only think I can see saving Lambertā€™s job is if we get surprisingly great QB play.

Nugget - Donā€™t go to the games then if youā€™re so sure that Lambert isnā€™t going to have a good year

I think if they win early and at least 6 games I think he deserves to stay. That said I donā€™t think Hill will keep him around because he wantā€™s to bring in his guy. I donā€™t understand the negativity and everyone just bashing Lambert before the season even starts. I know last year was tough and not want ANYONE wanted but have some faith and believe in your team. If everyone wants him fired before the season even starts how can you truly go and support your team at gamesā€¦

1 Like

Because of the players on the field wearing the name on the jersey. I wonā€™t ever get so personally connected to a coach that my feelings about him as an individual trump my feelings for the University.

Edit: To be clear, Iā€™m not accusing you of being so close to Brad that itā€™s clouding your judgment. Iā€™m just saying thatā€™s how I can resolve the scenario in your post.

I think your assessment is spot on. If Brad gets us bowling, he needs to keep his job.

Since I have been going to Niner games for 41 years I am sure not going to let Brad Lambertā€™s successā€“or lack thereofā€“determine whether I go or not. I prefer to win, as I suspect he does, but neither of us seems to have what it takes to make that happen.

3 Likes