FIRST 2013 COMMITMENT - RB Jachin Watkins - New Bern HS

Welcome to Niner Nation, Jachin!!! New Bern HS is less than ten minutes from my house. Anipalcraig and I will have to scout him out this season.

Team was ranked in the top 10 in 4A this year and made the state semis.
Looks like a pretty decent pickup. 792 yards, 112 att. (7+ yds per carry) in 12 games in '11.

Welcome to Niner Nation Jachin!!!

For those of you who are Rivals members:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/charlotte/football/recruiting/player-Jachin-Watkins-110609

no offense to this kid, but now that we are going to cusa, cant we recruit against better schools than bryant?

Our first 2 classes will play 2 years in CUSA, never have a chance to play in post season. That’s a tough sale. 3rd class should pick up, 4th we’ll be one somewhat level ground.

[quote=“2k, post:5, topic:26867”]Our first 2 classes will play 2 years in CUSA, never have a chance to play in post season. That’s a tough sale. 3rd class should pick up, 4th we’ll be one somewhat level ground.[/quote]Our first two classes will have a chance to play in the post season in 2016.

2015 will be our transitional year. We’ll be full FBS for our second year in CUSA in 2016.

Good call, still, not much to sell starting off.

[quote=“2k, post:7, topic:26867”]Good call, still, not much to sell starting off.[/quote]Agree.

A lot of good points in here and in other threads on this topic I’m sure (even though this one is about Watkins).
Lambert talks about winning recruiting battles–the truth is very few of those will be won due to the program’s infancy. Very few kids will genuinely want to play for a startup football team. However, we may have a good shot in our backyard with kids that want to play close to home and want to get a good amount of playing time, while being a part of history…not every day you have the opp to help launch a team from the ground up. The history/PT card will be more of a selling point the farther Lambert and the staff get from CLT.
Lambert’s also desired to extend his recruiting footprint to hotbeds like TX and FL and you know he has some contacts in those states that can vouch for him. But the deck’s stacked against him and will be until the team is consistently winning at the FBS level.

Our first 2 classes are going to be a bunch of “believers”.

1st class looked at a graded piece of land, 2nd a half constructed stadium. 1st, an unknown conference situation, 2nd a transitional conference situation. I could keep going, but you see where I’m heading.

The thing is, I like it. A group of kids that have bought in, on something that they will be creating together. That is something you can’t coach a kid, and will pay off big time. Hats off to our staff for findig these guys.

Welcome to Charlotte Watkins.

Reached out to him for an interview and he obliged. Seemed to be very thoughtful and respectful through my communication with him.
http://49ergreen.com/news/2012/06/27/2013-fb-verbal-jachin-watkins-speaks-to-49ergreen-com

How does the recruiting process deal with players that are transferring from other college programs? I know of several top players who are entering C harlotte this fall.Most of these guys will still have three years eligibility after the redshirt year.I would think there would be alot of P layers in this situation.

It is my understanding that players that transfer this fall technically are not sitting out or losing a year of eligibility because the team does not start playing until the fall of 2013. Also, no need for red-shirting next year.

A program/staff cannot communicate with a player until they have received their release from their current program.

[quote=“sydh, post:11, topic:26867”]Reached out to him for an interview and he obliged. Seemed to be very thoughtful and respectful through my communication with him.
http://49ergreen.com/news/2012/06/27/2013-fb-verbal-jachin-watkins-speaks-to-49ergreen-com[/quote]

Good interview keep it up!

Welcome!

I really liked his answers. Seems like a good kid. Love the enthusiasm. Glad to have him.

veryvery impressed with this young man!

Other schools recruited him. Bryant just offered him. Lot of schools hang on offering guys until fall. We have to use the “we loved you first” card where we can.

Other schools recruited him. Bryant just offered him. Lot of schools hang on offering guys until fall. We have to use the “we loved you first” card where we can.[/quote]You don’t spend a ton of time on here I know, but ninerfan55 cares greatly about stars on recruits.