First Football recruit out of North Carolina

I have recently been in touch with a football player I played with in high school at North Davidson. He graduates this year. He informed me that he was coming to Charlotte to play football. He talked to Coach Mullens, and Mullens told him that he was the first football recruit out of North Carolina.

His name is Thomas Frazier. He plays center, but has also played tackle throughout high school.
http://myndsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/IMG_7403.jpg

He stands about 6ā€™4" and weighs about 300-315. He got offers from smaller schools but wants to be an engineer so decided his education was more important than playing at a small school.

Welcome to the board and thanks for the info.

Did he say if he would be a walk-on or scholarship player?

Thanks for the info. By the way itā€™s Mullen, not Mullens. I can see that one getting screwed up about ten times more than it gets said right.

Gotta love it. Now that we are getting word of potential players for that first recruiting class it is beginning to feel more and more real. Football is hereā€¦ and the excitement of it is enough to help me get over what was an abysmal basketball season.

Canā€™t wait for the groundbreaking ceremony.

Thatā€™s a big center. Our engineering program must be a good recruiting tool considering the investments in infrastructure adjacent to the new stadium.

Hi RealisticNinerā€¦I grew up (my early years) in Midway and both my brothers played for N Davidsonā€¦ Niners are everywhereā€¦ Good to have you on the board!

He will be a walk on player from my understanding with a possibility of receiving a scholarship.

He will be at the groundbreaking ceremony at the end of the month. Which makes me wonder how many recruits they are trying to get before the ceremony.

His offensive line coach in high school also played at Wake during the Caldwell era there. Coming from the same high school I know that Thomas also does the same workouts that the Wake Forest football team did. The head coach was a huge wake fan, and tried to base everything he did off coach Grobeā€™s football theory.

:excitement:

Sweet deal.

Nice!

Thats awesome! I graduated from North Davidson back in 2003- Not a lot of Niner fans up that way compared to Wake, App and Carolinaā€¦ at least when I was there.

His offensive line coach in high school also played at Wake during the Caldwell era there. Coming from the same high school I know that Thomas also does the same workouts that the Wake Forest football team did. The head coach was a huge wake fan, and tried to base everything he did off coach Grobeā€™s football theory.

Guess thats why the Black Knights always lost to the Titans while JFickett and I were in school

Iā€™m assuming you were there around 2006 and 2007. Which would be when there was another coach that was horrific running the program. Coach Holcomb has turned it around.

But I donā€™t want to talk about who has the better high school on the Charlotte board because Iā€™m sure we all agree GO NINERS!!!

23 second mark is the best shot of Frazier. Seems to understand the shotgun snap pretty well so would fit Mullenā€™s scheme.

Football: Reagan At North Davidson

I also graduated from North Davidson in 2008. I hated the school but Iā€™m glad to see this kid come to Charlotte.

Thomas Frazier and Wes Fields. Men amongst boys, I tell ya.

Realistic. I will talk about it.

North Davidson is one of the best schools. I should know. I graduated from there several years ago.

And speaking of best, check out myndsports.com. This is the best and most visited high school websites in the country.

My daughter knows Thomas. He is a great kid and has made a wise decision.

Go Niners (and Black Knights)

http://photos.berecruited.com/photos/athletes/975675

http://zoominlocal.com/lexington-dispatch/2010/09/03/s1/?g=print#?article=1000093

Another face to add to the program!!

[quote=ā€œ49CentsWorth, post:17, topic:25291ā€]And speaking of best, check out myndsports.com. This is the best and most visited high school websites in the country.

My daughter knows Thomas. He is a great kid and has made a wise decision.

Go Niners (and Black Knights)[/quote]

Good site. Hereā€™s an article on Frazier: Frazier To Play In East-West Game
If Iā€™m reading this right, Frazier was one of only a handful of people in school history to ever make the game:

Frazier joins 11 other Black nights and Don Palmer who coached the 1970 team to make the East -West All Star Team.

The O-line coach must be doing something right ā€¦ 3 of the 5 kids to play football next year are OLs (Frazier will make it 4 of 6)
http://myndsports.com/2011/04/five-black-knights-to-play-college-football-next-year/

I first became acquainted with North Davidson in 1999, when my high school (Northwest Cabarrus) went up there and beat them in a 15-over-2 upset in the first round of the state football playoffs. That is a football school, and theyā€™re good at a lot of other sports for that matter. If we could get a pipeline of kids coming out of there, it couldnā€™t be a bad thing.