FIU game 1/28

Is it legal to have an all time favorite Niner that only plays one season?

This really should be a great recruiting tool also, we really need a center for next year to replace him, hopefully we are looking at the available 5th year players.

When they are as cool as Big Joe, yes.

The guys have learned to win. Keep the momentum going.

Judy Rose photo bombing in the background

Great game. Uchebo just continues to impress. The freshmen were a little off tonight, but a true team victory. Braxton with a good game as well. He is starting to remind me a little of Leemire light - 3 pt shooter/leading scorer on a very young team.

Good win. Y’all really seem to be finding your stride.

Judy Rose photo bombing in the background[/quote] Photographer moving around to get her out of the frame. :))

That was a great win. I still cannot believe how much the coaching staff has gotten out of these guys. Gotta give props to Beans in the first half. He had some great minutes, and that let Big Joe rest up for the 2nd. Hopefully he can keep that confidence going.

My jaw dropped watching some of the quick 5-6 passes we did on some set plays. Such a breath of fresh air to see. It seems crazy, but my outlook is the highest it’s been for the program since the 2nd half of NC State in 05. If we can get some recruiting pieces, which I think we will, this team will see great success.

Not the best played game but we walked out with a win. Learning to win is exactly what they have done. Where is PB to tell us that this is the worst team in Niner history and isn’t being coached. ::slight_smile:

Finally headed in the direction. Just need to keep adding talent! We are just a few points from being at the top of the conference. Kudos coach!

[quote=“NinerWupAss, post:34, topic:30147”]Not the best played game but we walked out with a win. Learning to win is exactly what they have done. Where is PB to tell us that this is the worst team in Niner history and isn’t being coached. ::slight_smile:

Finally headed in the direction. Just need to keep adding talent! We are just a few points from being at the top of the conference. Kudos coach![/quote]

I think PB pulled a Gerrity on us.

Great win. Have to give FIU credit, the clearly scouted us well. They were jumping into passing lanes and getting some good steals. Will be interesting to see how we adjust to that. Also, for those who didnt watch it on TV. Uchebo got in early foul trouble and sat out almost the whole first half. Benas stepped his game up big time!! If he continues to improve that will add some much needed depth for us. This was the first game ive seen him play where he looked like he belonged on the court. That walkon who i cant even name also logged some good minutes for us in the first half. I can not wait to see what this team looks like 2 years from now.

Beans was huge in the first half, hopefully he continues to improve, can’t understate how huge that’d be for us, especially conference tourney time to rest Uchebo.

Here’s a good stat: Freshmen PG Jon Davis has had more TO’s than Assists only twice this year, Furman & Michigan.

That was a really fun game to watch. So impressed with Uchebo coming back and dominating the second half. They all played well.

I thought VanHook was good tonight.

And beans as well. He showed a lot of heart.

The FIU court was atrocious. Just an affront to basketball.

I don’t see how that even got approval. You couldn’t even see the three point line in that section with the water.

Can’t wait for Saturday!

[quote=“Gassman, post:39, topic:30147”]That was a really fun game to watch. So impressed with Uchebo coming back and dominating the second half. They all played well.

I thought VanHook was good tonight.

And beans as well. He showed a lot of heart.

The FIU court was atrocious. Just an affront to basketball.

I don’t see how that even got approval. You couldn’t even see the three point line in that section with the water.

Can’t wait for Saturday![/quote]

I didn’t see the game as there was no feed on the net but I just looked up there court and I like it. I dunno, just personal preference really. There are so many bland courts in college so I like it when they do something out of the norm. Anyone remember the old Temple court when they had that massive owl inside both 3 point lines. Now that was cool

clt says price is a great coach who is getting the most out of our players, or

Cusa is stinky crap, and we are taking advantage of that.

Both could also be true.

Agreed. I wasn’t able to watch much of the game but happy to see him get some quality time. I am really excited with how much this team continues to improve and if we can get a consistent 10-15 minutes from each night, we will be able to stretch Joe out and keep him fresh for late game situations (or OT) and hopefully win a couple of conference tourney games!

At times things looked a bit sloppy, but we maintained our composure and kept ahead of them. Price has done an excellent job as coach so far. We look like a pretty ragtag collection, but one that is making it work. I know we keep winning, but it’s still pretty obvious this team is not nearly as talented as previous Niner teams. We just keep everything together and play as a team and don’t give up. I love that. That shows promise for our program is heading in the right direction and not just pulling in talent and wasting it.

FIU’s court was weird. I can’t say if I like it or dislike it. They also looked like they had hardly anyone at the game.