FIU Home Game 1-25-20 4:00 Tip

Just because we did not beat the Toppers, doesnā€™t mean we canā€™t beat them.

1 Like

No reason we should finish any worse than 10-4 in conference. If you told me prior to the season weā€™d finish at that in conference Iā€™d be shocked. Plus thereā€™s potential to do even better than that

Nice wire to wire win, especially after Thursday. And good to see Bertram back on the court after sitting out with an injury and great to see him finally get the 3 point monkey off his back!

Now weā€™ll find out where we really stand with the next game. LA Tech will also mark the halfway point in conference play.

4pm Saturday tipoffs are better than 7pm.

2 Likes

THAT was one of the best overall NINER games in many years. What a fun game to watch. Still amped about it at 10:42 PM.

4 Likes

Awesome game. So many of the things on offense we complained about were fixed here. On the break we PASSED the ball, our guys were shooting in rhythm not just standing flat footed, we didnā€™t waste many possessions with terrible end of clock shots or violations, and defensively we seemed to stay consistent most of the game.

Definitely one of the most complete games we have had in awhile and The second half was a clinic. Probably one of the best halves of basketball we have seen in the last 10-15 years. Halton was loud, students in 104, it was fun and we won. I can dig it.

It did feel like old days. I was still amped up at 11.

3 Likes

Was great to watch from 103. Team must have realized I was in the house and wanted to impress me.

Excuse me in advance. I have no idea where to post this. When will Dinkins be able to recruit in earnest!

I thought he wasnā€™t allowed to recruit off campus unless he was an assistant coach.

As far as players being barred from coming here from his old school, I think that was only a one year restriction.

makes as much sense as the NCAA ever makes. Thanks.

Sorry to interrupt thread.

Loudest I got all game was when Bertram nailed that three. Iā€™m really happy for him to finally bury one.
What a game. So much fun to watch!

1 Like

Haha, I was watching from the sofa, but I let out a huge cheer when Bertram hit that shot. Such a big reaction that my fiancƩ was really confused when she looked up and we were winning by 20-something. She thought the Niners had won at the buzzer or something.

2 Likes