Football leadership void - Problem #1

Ever since Mac Everett handed off the reigns of the Football drive to the administration, the campaign has experienced a very large, very noticeable leadership void. IMLTHO, this is the root cause of most of our problems - to the point where the CFI guys are now actively trying to reassemble and surrogate the process again. That is unacceptable.

We can blame the economy, but it’s just exacerbating the situation.

I am more convinced than ever that we dropped the ball the moment we didn’t have Mac E hand the ball off (literally and figuratively) to a football “czar”.

We need leadership. We need charisma, experience, and a face of the program.

$.02

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;411161]Ever since Mac Everett handed off the reigns of the Football drive to the administration, the campaign has experienced a very large, very noticeable leadership void. IMLTHO, this is the root cause of most of our problems - to the point where the CFI guys are now actively trying to reassemble and surrogate the process again. That is unacceptable.

We can blame the economy, but it’s just exacerbating the situation.

I am more convinced than ever that we dropped the ball the moment we didn’t have Mac E had the ball off (literally and figuratively) to a football “czar”.

We need leadership. We need charisma, experience, and a face of the program.

$.02[/QUOTE]

I agree. We need a “Larry Brown type” for the program.

We need new people in our AD overall.

I agree. We need a "Larry Brown type" for the program.

Tommy Tuberville. John Gruden.

amen

This project needs a face.

Come On NinerAdvocate.

Your opinion is worth more than that !

I agree more than anyone on this, however I know that the school is having to cut back BIG time on staff at the time coming from orders by the state. Im not sure if the money for someone like this would come from the state or not, but if it is, we wont be seeing this for a while at least.

Whatever happened to Minter and Rucker?

I can’t see how Minter or Rucker could do but so much until the campaign is launched- then I would utilize them as the face of it

USUALLY…in this scenario [B]the chancellor[/B] is the face/leader/head cheerleader of such a[B] key component and key moment[/B] in a university’s progress.

This is what happens when the the chancellor is against something from day 1.

If only he would be as devious in rigging up football as he was getting a light rail station. We’d be in the Sugar Bowl this year. :biggrin: