Football meeting tomorrow

Hey guys,

Just giving the heads up on this. For anyone whoā€™s not able to go, weā€™ll have a breakdown of it on NinerOnline as soon as I can get back and type it up.
[B][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][B]WHO: [/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]UNC Charlotte Football Feasibility Committee open meeting

[FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT][B][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][B]WHEN: [/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]Friday, Dec. 21, from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. [FONT=Times New Roman][/FONT]
[B][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][B]WHERE: [/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]Dowd YMCA, 400 East Morehead Street , Education Conference Room
[B][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][B]WHY: [/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]The committee will review data concerning conference affiliation, cost, capital expenditure and facilities as well as a forum summary. They also discuss
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] issues to address if UNC Charlotte does or does not implement a football program. [B]Each committee member will be asked if they are prepared to make a[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][B] recommendation and if so, what that recommendation is and why. [/B] [/SIZE][/FONT]

Great timing folks, the Friday before Christmas. Geez. Oh well, maybe
weā€™ll all get an early Christmas present.

Hey guys,

Just giving the heads up on this. For anyone whoā€™s not able to go, weā€™ll have a breakdown of it on NinerOnline as soon as I can get back and type it up.

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]WHO: [/SIZE][/FONT]UNC Charlotte Football Feasibility Committee open meeting

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]WHEN: [/SIZE][/FONT]Friday, Dec. 21, from 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]WHERE: [/SIZE][/FONT]Dowd YMCA, 400 East Morehead Street , Education Conference Room

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]WHY: [/SIZE][/FONT]The committee will review data concerning conference affiliation, cost, capital expenditure and facilities as well as a forum summary. They also discuss
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] issues to address if UNC Charlotte does or does not implement a football program. Each committee member will be asked if they are prepared to make a[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] recommendation and if so, what that recommendation is and why. [/SIZE][/FONT]

This meeting is open to the public?

As far as what Iā€™ve been told. Itā€™s an open committee meeting, just like the previous ones theyā€™ve had here on campus.

Yeah it is.

We gotta take it over fellas.

1. Why such late notice?
  2. Horrible timing.

Hmmm, my wife has had to work out of the Dowd a few times this week. I wonder if she does tomorrow tooā€¦ I may go over for this.

Yeah it is.

We gotta take it over fellas.

Sorry to burst your bubbles, guysā€¦ but, I called the Chancellorā€™s Office to confirm. She called me back a few minutes ago and said that this meeting is NOT open to the public. It is a closed forum.

Its always closed, meaning you cant talk in it. But you can view it. Your allowed to sit in on it.

Its always closed, meaning you cant talk in it. But you can view it. Your allowed to sit in on it.

She originally told me that people could not speak. But, I specifically asked if people could attend this meeting. When she called me back, she said that this meeting was different than the ones on campus, and that the general public could not attend.

This is kinda a big dealā€¦I think we need something similar to a gameday thread tomorrow

Uh oh, I smell a rat. Isnā€™t there something called ā€œopen meetingsā€ for public
schools and other public matters, except personnel matters. Hmmm

I dun no. Way I see it, the worse they can do is close the door in our face. Iā€™ll bring a stethescope.

I dun no. Way I see it, the worse they can do is close the door in our face. I'll bring a stethescope.

Ok. I just spoke with the Chancellorā€™s office again. She just finished speaking with the Chancellor. This meeting is not being handled by the university, and as such, is not the same format as the ones that were held on campus. Some people (large donors, maybe?) received a packet by mail. These packets contained ā€œinvitationsā€ to the meeting.

She indicated that people who simply walk up to the door will not be allowed to enter the meeting, even just to listen. If you guys want to go and see how it goes, let me know and Iā€™ll join.

The number to the Chancellorā€™s Office is 704.687.2202 if you have questions.

Hey, I pay my dues and I canā€™t even listen? Good 'ole boys and girls club, it sounds
like. Money talks.

I just got off the phone with the group in charge of it, the Lee Institute and also talked to UNC Charlotte PR. Both say that the meeting is open to anyone who wants to come. Now granted, like Gill said, only the media can ask questions, but according to everyone running the thing youā€™re free to come.

lol and for the record, we werenā€™t mailed invitations. All the media outlets were in on a chain email that got sent out today.

49er Footballā€¦How nice does that sound?

Iā€™m a San Francisco 49er fan as well.

Iā€™d be totally covered with that 49er Football fix.

College and Pro.

I just got off the phone with the group in charge of it, the Lee Institute and also talked to UNC Charlotte PR. Both say that the meeting is open to anyone who wants to come. Now granted, like Gill said, only the media can ask questions, but according to everyone running the thing you're free to come.

lol and for the record, we werenā€™t mailed invitations. All the media outlets were in on a chain email that got sent out today.

I was just relaying the message. As I said, if you guys plan to goā€¦ let me know. Iā€™d like to join.

[QUOTE]I was just relaying the message. As I said, if you guys plan to goā€¦ let me know. Iā€™d like to join.[/QUOTE]

Hey no harm, no foul. Sorry if I came across as a jerk, just tossing out the info I got. Weird though, that these groups are saying different things.

[QUOTE]49er Footballā€¦How nice does that sound?

Iā€™m a San Francisco 49er fan as well.

Iā€™d be totally covered with that 49er Football fix.

College and Pro.[/QUOTE]

49er football has a great ring to it. Itā€™ll sound even better at the first home game.