Football Town Hall Meeting - February 9th, 4pm - McKnight Hall

I love how every lazy, hare-brained decision by the athletic department is always the fault of women’s basketball. I wonder how Karen Aston feels about that.

We were actually invited to the Big East as a full member, but the invitation was sent during a women’s basketball tournament. Chuck Amato just wanders the campus aimlessly whenever he makes the mistake of scheduling an interview 2 hours prior to the opening tip-off.

Is this really being held at 4pm because of women’s basketball? I was assuming that was a joke based on our opening men’s game being at 4pm because of women’s basketball…

I’d just skip that talking to. I’m sorry NWA, but the enthusiasm is just gone for me after this week.

What? It’s not like they’ve done any marketing for the women’s team this season. Aston wished for an attendance record this season and she had the home games to so it, if someone had promoted it.

[quote=“eason49, post:22, topic:24853”]Is this really being held at 4pm because of women’s basketball? I was assuming that was a joke based on our opening men’s game being at 4pm because of women’s basketball…[/quote] Nope. That was volleyball Senior night. WBB played the next day I recall.

I’d just skip that talking to. I’m sorry NWA, but the enthusiasm is just gone for me after this week.

What? It’s not like they’ve done any marketing for the women’s team this season. Aston wished for an attendance record this season and she had the home games to so it, if someone had promoted it.[/quote]
I was meaning that if it has to be on THAT day for whatever reason, then it can’t be later due to Womens bball

Maybe they want to have the football meeting before the women’s game so they can make whatever the announcement is at the women’s game (instead of the men’s game). I attend some women’s games but we put way more emphasis than is necessary on the women’s sports programs. I’m sorry but at the collegiate level men’s and women’s sports should not be equal.

We’re going to announce that we’re starting women’s football instead.

Has anybody stopped to consider the fact that Feb. 9th at 4:00 pm might just be the only time that CHP, Judy Rose, and the Architects could actually all be in the same place at the same time?

It isn’t like their jobs leave them sitting in their office tossing balled up paper at a trash can for hours on end.

tosses another ball… and it’s good. 68 of 82 on the day… not bad.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:28, topic:24853”]Has anybody stopped to consider the fact that Feb. 9th at 4:00 pm might just be the only time that CHP, Judy Rose, and the Architects could actually all be in the same place at the same time?

It isn’t like their jobs leave them sitting in their office tossing balled up paper at a trash can for hours on end.[/quote]

[ul][li]I just ended my 3rd 60 hour work week of the year.[/li]
[li]CFI, a group of young professionals from around the piedmont, never had a meeting before 5.[/li]
[li]The rally at belk tower to march to halton was after 5.[/li]
[li]When Sue Myrick gave a town hall last year near my house, it was after 5.[/li][/ul]
No, i never stopped to think that it was the only time they could meet. This can’t sound unselfish, but i thought this was about us, not them.

We are the client. We are the customer base. We are the ones who will decide to buy this product or not. In any other situation in the business world, the client/customer base is the one you try to schedule for.

[quote=“ninerID, post:29, topic:24853”][quote=“ZombieLew, post:28, topic:24853”]Has anybody stopped to consider the fact that Feb. 9th at 4:00 pm might just be the only time that CHP, Judy Rose, and the Architects could actually all be in the same place at the same time?

It isn’t like their jobs leave them sitting in their office tossing balled up paper at a trash can for hours on end.[/quote]

[ul][li]I just ended my 3rd 60 hour work week of the year.[/li]
[li]CFI, a group of young professionals from around the piedmont, never had a meeting before 5.[/li]
[li]The rally at belk tower to march to halton was after 5.[/li]
[li]When Sue Myrick gave a town hall last year near my house, it was after 5.[/li][/ul]
No, i never stopped to think that it was the only time they could meet. This can’t sound unselfish, but i thought this was about us, not them.

We are the client. We are the customer base. We are the ones who will decide to buy this product or not. In any other situation in the business world, the client/customer base is the one you try to schedule for.[/quote]

For whatever it’s worth, February 9th is the day that Old Dominion announced the hiring of their coach.

QFT

[quote=“2k, post:1, topic:24853”]there will be a football town hall meeting on Wednesday, Feb 9th at 4pm, McKnight Hall. Details will be out soon, per jfickett.

Will include presentations from Judy, CHP, architects, etc[/quote]

Great idea. Wish it was later as others said. Must be to get the media there and give them time to put it the early news, etc.

I’m fine with press conferences at 4 PM to make the evening news.

I’m not fine with a 4 PM townhall meeting that fans are invited to attend.

There’s a difference.

i halfway understand the evening news argument. Do people really watch the 5-630 news shows?

If i watch local news it is the 10PM news on Fox.

I would think a 6 PM town hall would fit the schedule of the 10PM/11PM news channels, next day observer, and radio. Then there is that whole internet pipe dream thing they are working on that may some day make news almost instantaneous at any point of the day. . … . .

pssh that internet thing is never going to pan out…

I don’t know why anyone is surprised at this mickey mouse stuff, nobody at the University works past 5 pm, it’s a rule.

The football march took place after 5 pm. Wait. That was organized by students and other fans. So now, we’ll have a smaller crowd for those watching the 6:00 news to see instead of a huge crowd that would have been seen by those wathching it on the 10/11 pm news.

I talked to someone in the Athletic Dept tonight and this is a student focused event, in response to a request by students to hold such a meeting so they could ask questions. I think that this explains the time of day. My guess is that the questions people most want answers to–who will be our coach and when will he be hired?–cannot be answered at this time. Still, any event that draws students together about football is a good thing.

Well, that’s really quite reasonable. I don’t recall if I said anything, but I’ll go ahead and apologize this time either way since I talk plenty of smack and was thinking it with this too lol. If it’s for students, you want to get them before they are off campus, partying, w/e.

If it wasn’t mentioned, perhaps mention the target next time for the excitable crowd. Wasn’t posted in this thread fwiw. Of course, you scare away others who could make it if you target some. :shrug:

Well, that’s really quite reasonable. I don’t recall if I said anything, but I’ll go ahead and apologize this time either way since I talk plenty of smack and was thinking it with this too lol. If it’s for students, you want to get them before they are off campus, partying, w/e.

If it wasn’t mentioned, perhaps mention the target next time for the excitable crowd. Wasn’t posted in this thread fwiw. Of course, you scare away others who could make it if you target some. :shrug:[/quote]

Nothing about “town hall” makes me think this was for students. My guess is the AD has gotten wind alums are not happy about the start time and are pivoting using the oh this was just for students line. I call BS on this. In addition to that it is insane to hold anything for just students and not have a corresponding FSL holder town hall.