Football TV, Radio, & Coaches Show

I know this has been discussed here but there needs to be a thread for it.

http://www.charlotte49ers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23200&ATCLID=209600305

WCCB Charlotte, which is the local television partner of the 49ers and media rights holder IMG College, will air the two ASN games, in the Charlotte market. In addition, WCCB will produce and broadcast the remaining four games on the 49ers home schedule. The WCCB production crew for their four dedicated home games will include Sam Smith providing play-by-play, Brett Basanez and Jeff Zell sharing color commentary duties and WCCB sports anchor Brandon Davidow serving as sideline reporter.

In addition, Sports Radio 610AM WFNZ The Fan is preparing for its first season as the Charlotte IMG Sport Network’s flagship home for 49ers football. The broadcast crew remains intact with longtime Voice of the 49ers Matt Swierad handling the play-by-play, Kevin Donnalley returning for color commentary and Bobby Rosinski serving as sideline reporter.

On home Saturdays, WFNZ will air a college football pre-game show from the 49ers tailgate village from 10-11:30 a.m. with Primetime host Chris Kroeger and Richard Walker. That show will visit at times with Swierad and Donnalley in the stadium radio booth between 11:00-11:30 before handing the entire show over for the 49ers Pregame Show from 11:30-12:00. For road games, WFNZ will keep to a similar format with the pregame show beginning one hour prior to kickoff.

WFNZ’s sister station, CBS Sports Radio 1660, will air the 49ers Coaches Show, Monday evenings from 7-8 pm from its new location: BlackFinn American Saloon in uptown Charlotte’s Epicentre. The 49ers Coaches Show will begin, Monday, Aug. 25 with head coach Brad Lambert.

Where is the location of the “Tailgate Village” that will host the radio show?

Hopefully not too close to Kan Jam.

[quote=“J Felt, post:2, topic:28900”]Where is the location of the “Tailgate Village” that will host the radio show?

Hopefully not too close to Kan Jam.[/quote]Probably by the tailgating tent.

[quote=“Niner National, post:3, topic:28900”][quote=“J Felt, post:2, topic:28900”]Where is the location of the “Tailgate Village” that will host the radio show?

Hopefully not too close to Kan Jam.[/quote]Probably by the tailgating tent.[/quote]

730 broadcast their show last season near the Alumni Tailgate Tent. I assume WFNZ will set up there as well.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:4, topic:28900”][quote=“Niner National, post:3, topic:28900”][quote=“J Felt, post:2, topic:28900”]Where is the location of the “Tailgate Village” that will host the radio show?

Hopefully not too close to Kan Jam.[/quote]Probably by the tailgating tent.[/quote]

730 broadcast their show last season near the Alumni Tailgate Tent. I assume WFNZ will set up there as well.[/quote]Awesome.

We should pick a game and go join the broadcast.

clt says uh huh.

I’m pleased Donnalley is back, I really liked him.

On the TV side, I’m hopeful the broadcast teams are a step up. Not sure, but I looked up Sam Smith and it looks like he did Play by Play for the Miami Heat when they joined the NBA… I at least know the color guy has been brought up to snuff on the roster.

[quote=“s9er, post:7, topic:28900”]I’m pleased Donnalley is back, I really liked him.

On the TV side, I’m hopeful the broadcast teams are a step up. Not sure, but I looked up Sam Smith and it looks like he did Play by Play for the Miami Heat when they joined the NBA… I at least know the color guy has been brought up to snuff on the roster.[/quote]

I’m glad our radio team is staying the same. Surprised that Rosinski stayed on with the change over from 730 to WFNZ. They are a pretty good team.

I don’t really know much about the TV broadcast team, except for Zell worked sports in Myrtle Beach and covered Coastal Carolina. I think he was involved with the smack talk leading up to our game with Coastal last year between TV stations. His wife is with WCCB. http://www.wccbcharlotte.com/about/our-team/242976551.html

We continue the Panther connection with Brett Basanez. http://www.nfl.com/player/brettbasanez/2495803/profile

Let the Fin begin! :wink:

Could have gone for a change from Donnalley. Everyone loves a good homer, but the constant grunting, guttural noises coming from him during big plays was a bit much for me.

Anyone else excited about the coaches show location?!

Location is an improvement. But then again, having it on the side of the road would have been an improvement over last year.

Just wish WFNZ was not involved. Most of their on air people are absolutely embarrassing. If I happen to miss a road game, I will follow on twitter before I tune into their excuse for a radio station.

Location is an improvement. But then again, having it on the side of the road would have been an improvement over last year.

Just wish WFNZ was not involved. Most of their on air people are absolutely embarrassing. If I happen to miss a road game, I will follow on twitter before I tune into their excuse for a radio station.[/quote]

Location is much better than Concord Mills. We have a great opportunity to get in front of the uptown crowd on a weekly basis. Hopefully we utilize this to the fullest.

I will likely attend the football shows regularly at BlackFinn since I work in the uptown area. We probably have thousands of alumni that work uptown.

Lol

I will go to the Coaches show… 5 minute work from work for me.

Related to our TV games, our game at Gardner-Webb will be televised on ESPN3.

http://www.bigsouthsports.com/entries/big-south-announces-2014-football-package-on-espn3

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:16, topic:28900”]Related to our TV games, our game at Gardner-Webb will be televised on ESPN3.

http://www.bigsouthsports.com/entries/big-south-announces-2014-football-package-on-espn3[/quote]

That is their homecoming. They will have a good crowd, and I think we will too. I am sure they are still a little sore about last years game. Should be a lot of fun.

Just wish WFNZ was not involved. Most of their on air people are absolutely embarrassing. If I happen to miss a road game, I will follow on twitter before I tune into their excuse for a radio station.[/quote]

Location is much better than Concord Mills. We have a great opportunity to get in front of the uptown crowd on a weekly basis. Hopefully we utilize this to the fullest.

I will likely attend the football shows regularly at BlackFinn since I work in the uptown area. We probably have thousands of alumni that work uptown.[/quote]
Hopefully they figure out the sound and acoustics for the coach’s show or the Uptown crowd won’t hear any more than they did at Wild Wing Cafe or D&B.

[quote=“Mr. Bojangles, post:16, topic:28900”]Related to our TV games, our game at Gardner-Webb will be televised on ESPN3.

http://www.bigsouthsports.com/entries/big-south-announces-2014-football-package-on-espn3[/quote]

I also saw that the Elon game has been picked up by the American Sports Network (ASN).

This thread is loaded with good news. Good game day format and easily accessible coach’s show for those of us with offices downtown.