Football Uniforms

They are expensive because we donā€™t have demand for 50,000 of them. When you are only ordering a couple hundred, they are going to cost a lot. Tis is also the reason we have very limited items for sale in general.

[quote=ā€œCrusader, post:355, topic:27405ā€]Starting to fear that football might fail at Charlotte. We have fans willing to accept pseudo authentic merchandise at ridiculous prices and many fans have already stated they expect 7-8 wins this season.

#prescriptionforfailure[/quote]

I donā€™t think people willing to accept the jerseys is going to cause football to fail. If anything, the more people willing to pay $90 for an almost replica jersey, the better!

Second, I think the wins expectation is a product of people just not knowing what we have. Most on this board are taking a very optimistic approach to the first season, which is fine. Personally, the most realistic expectation to have is that we should beat any team who we have more scholarships than. Iā€™m hoping then we can maybe steal a game or two from a team with more scholarship players than us.

Order a little, keep it expensive, no one buys. Order a lot, drop the price, more people buy.

[quote=ā€œUC Niner, post:362, topic:27405ā€][quote=ā€œCrusader, post:355, topic:27405ā€]Starting to fear that football might fail at Charlotte. We have fans willing to accept pseudo authentic merchandise at ridiculous prices and many fans have already stated they expect 7-8 wins this season.

#prescriptionforfailure[/quote]

I donā€™t think people willing to accept the jerseys is going to cause football to fail. If anything, the more people willing to pay $90 for an almost replica jersey, the better!

Second, I think the wins expectation is a product of people just not knowing what we have. Most on this board are taking a very optimistic approach to the first season, which is fine. Personally, the most realistic expectation to have is that we should beat any team who we have more scholarships than. Iā€™m hoping then we can maybe steal a game or two from a team with more scholarship players than us.[/quote]
This. Thank you UC. I really was not trying to sound cynical at all and if I came across that way Iā€™m sorry. But I really am just trying to keep a positive optimistic view of this whole thing.

Order a little, keep it expensive, no one buys. Order a lot, drop the price, more people buy.[/quote]

Also, be sure to make it look like the jerseys the players will wear.

I had planned on buying one, even if it was for $90, but wanted to see them first because I didnā€™t trust B&N. There is a demand for this, it just has to be done right.

I would hope that they will get the next round of jerseys (I assume in 2015 for move to FBS) that they would be able to create an exact replica jersey for people to buy.

Order a little, keep it expensive, no one buys. Order a lot, drop the price, more people buy.[/quote]
Iā€™m guessing they had no idea what demand would be. That doesnā€™t excuse screwing up the jerseys, but hopefully demand is enough that the next jersey will be more plentiful and thus cheaper.

Iā€™m guessing they had no idea what demand would be. That doesnā€™t excuse screwing up the jerseys, but hopefully demand is enough that the next jersey will be more plentiful and thus cheaper.[/quote]

thatā€™s part of the problem. They ordered 400.

The last few pages of this thread:

Iā€™ve actually looked into this a little further. The bookstore has the jersey they are selling posted.

http://uncc.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Charlotte_Nike_Replica_Football_Jersey/ProductDisplay?parentCatId=&imageId=696713&level=2&graphicId=1&categoryId=40425&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=19058&productId=400000159495&topCatId=40000

The charlotte49ers.com store is the one that screwed the boot.

[quote=ā€œImfromClayton, post:370, topic:27405ā€]Iā€™ve actually looked into this a little further. The bookstore has the jersey they are selling posted.

http://uncc.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Charlotte_Nike_Replica_Football_Jersey/ProductDisplay?parentCatId=&imageId=696713&level=2&graphicId=1&categoryId=40425&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=19058&productId=400000159495&topCatId=40000

The charlotte49ers.com store is the one that screwed the boot.[/quote]

It still says replica, which it isnā€™t and for $90 that is what I would expect. If they were selling those for under $50 I donā€™t see it as an issue as long as they didnā€™t brand it replica. Just a screw up in pricing and terminology. I am not going to pay $90 for that. Not a huge deal for me, but sadly they will justify not ordering legit jerseys because these didnā€™t sell like they thought.

[quote=ā€œImfromClayton, post:370, topic:27405ā€]Iā€™ve actually looked into this a little further. The bookstore has the jersey they are selling posted.

The charlotte49ers.com store is the one that screwed the boot.[/quote]

The white jersey still has numbers on the shoulders, but I expect them to change that shortly.

[quote=ā€œSteauA, post:369, topic:27405ā€]The last few pages of this thread:

[/quote]

Thanks for your valuable input.

http://uncc.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Charlotte_Nike_Replica_Football_Jersey/ProductDisplay?parentCatId=&imageId=696713&level=2&graphicId=1&categoryId=40425&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&storeId=19058&productId=400000159495&topCatId=40000[/quote]Unless you click on the picture of the white jersey.

[quote=ā€œMr. Bojangles, post:373, topic:27405ā€][quote=ā€œSteauA, post:369, topic:27405ā€]The last few pages of this thread:

[/quote]

Thanks for your valuable input.[/quote]

As a fanbase, we complain about EVERYTHING!

ALL THE TIME!

GOOD OR BAD!

It is EXHAUSTING!

A #facepalm is my natural response.

Thank you for your valuable reply to my valuable input.

This is why I donā€™t purchase items without seeing them.

Donā€™t worry guys! Tomorrow my girlfriend will be taking back the two extra jerseys they sent me. Sheā€™ll be talking with the manager directly. I told her that after the money is back in my account she is to rip her a new one about the shoulder numbers.

ā€¦this will surely yield major results!

ALL THE TIME!

GOOD OR BAD!

It is EXHAUSTING!

[font=verdana][size=78%]Thank you for your valuable reply to my valuable input.[/size][/font][/quote]

Hey! We donā€™t complain about good thingsā€¦ I think we give credit when it is dueā€¦

Why would you accept such lack of attention half-a$$ stuff, if the AD was a company it would have went under a long time agoā€¦ itā€™s not hard

Make the ā€œreplicaā€ jersey a replicate!
Let fans tailgate early! at a TAILGATE!
Answer the phone at the ticket office during LUNCH when paying people have timeā€¦

Itā€™s not that hardā€¦ yet they seem to drop the ball on all thisā€¦

you disagree?

ALL THE TIME!

GOOD OR BAD!

It is EXHAUSTING!

Thank you for your valuable reply to my valuable input.[/quote]

Iā€™m here to complain about your complaining about our fanbase complaining. Pretty soon I think this will become productive.