For All of you Fairweather "so-called" Fans

[b]I wore my "Property of Charlotte Athletics" t-shirt under my Charlotte hoodie to my IM game at UNCG tonight. Plus I busted out the Izod crotch-hugging 70s shorts that my uncle gave me. And a headband.

Team still lost 58-28 though. Weā€™re now 0-3 :([/b]

Itā€™s okay if youā€™re wearing Charlotte gear. :stuck_out_tongue:

[b]you guys are just as bad as people that showed up at the game with Heels gear on......your team had a great win, yet all you can do is complain about what some fans were wearing. why so much focus on the ACC from all of you "non" faux 9er fans? [/b]
I disagree. There are half a dozen or so positive threads about the game, and many positive posts within other threads. Our team shot 59% for the game tonight, and 79% from the free throw line. In the second half, the team shot 68% from the field, 56% from 3-point range, and an astounding 95% from the free throw line. Curtis, Brendan, and Eddie all had HUGE games. Eddie broke the conference steals record and tied the school record, not to mention his monster dunk. Curtis scored his 1000th point, and then 20 more. Iti played well in limited minutes, Leemire did really well the entire time he was in, and EJ hit a lot of key free throws. And though Mitch was quiet points-wise, he had 8 assists. The team had a total of 24 assists on 29 field goals. That's incredible, and a sign of true teamwork.

This was one of, if not the, best games this team has played, and there were very few people there to see it. I donā€™t think anyone here is downplaying the victory or criticizing our team. Everyone here is excited about the way the team played and the outcome of the game. Weā€™re just disappointed in the attendance, and the fact that so many people that were at the game would rather watch Duke and Carolina play on TV, especially after Lutzā€™s comments after the Cincinnati game.

Apparently Splinter you were not at the game. Perhaps if you were you would understand the disgust.

Ok. Enough is enough. What do you expect some of our fans and potential fans to do when they pick up the paper, see nothing about our game, and see nothing but propaganda about the tarhole/dook game? What do expect fans and potential fans to think when they turn on the Fudge show in the afternoon and hear continuous bashing of our program?

Similar crap like this has been happening for too many years. Todayā€™s lack of mention in the Observer was probably not directly responsible for keeping that many fans away tonight, but their intentional lack of coverage in past years definitely hindered the growth of our fan base. Yes, I used the word INTENTIONAL.

Mike Pissinger used to say it was not the Observerā€™s responsibility to promote our program but the jerk has sure been promoting the in-state acc programs for many years. Then today he says the game of the 27th ranked LOCAL TEAM deserved no mention. No article has yet to appear about our chances to break the Top 25. Why? Thatā€™s because it may generate interest in our program. Isnā€™t Fudge on the acc payroll? We need to make sure hislisteners understand his opinions are not really opinions, but really commercials.

One last thing. Yes, a Sweet 16 Appearance will help, but those jerks whose last name begins with a P (Packer & Persinger) will do everything in their power to stop any added interest in our program.

If we have to fight sleaziness, dishonesty, and dirtness with more dirtiness, then thatā€™s what we need to do; but letā€™s stop whining about it and get down to business.
We need to write our state reps and ask them why they are not bringing home the bacon to the local schoolwhen they let other state schools get all the money. When talking with Fudge listeners, we need to talk about how we quit listening because it is the same ole boring crap (but never mention that you are mad about his Niner insults). If the Observer pulls another publicity stunt for the acc, write their parent company.

Over40, you hung around that [SIZE=3]CLASSLESS[/SIZE] female too much tonight! Iā€™m glad my last name begins with an R or youā€™d probably be on me. :stuck_out_tongue:

[i]Originally posted by HP49er[/i]@Feb 9 2005, 11:50 PM [b] Over40, you hung around that [b][SIZE=3]CLASSLESS[/SIZE][/b] female too much tonight! I'm glad my last name begins with an R or you'd probably be on me. :P [/b]
HP, my other half had a migraine before the game. At the half she told me she could not sit between Classless & myself for another half because our noise and other actions were making her migraine worse.

B)

Seems to me that the Observer is doing what is best for their sales. They write about the ACC because that is obviously what most people are interested inā€¦considering what you guys have said about how many people stayed home to watch Dook/UNC tonight.

Iā€™m not criticizingā€¦UNCG gets the same treatment here in Greensboro and we arenā€™t near Charlotteā€™s level. Once people show interest, then the paper will cover you guys. I understand your frustration, though, because its hard to generate interest if you have no media coverageā€¦

Guess its a chicken and egg scenario here.

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER[/i]@Feb 9 2005, 11:47 PM [b] but their intentional lack of coverage in past years definitely hindered the growth of our fan base.

Isnā€™t Fudge on the acc payroll? We need to make sure his listeners understand his opinions are not really opinions, but really commercials.

We need to write our state reps and ask them why they are not bringing home the bacon to the local school when they let other state schools get all the money.

When talking with Fudge listeners, we need to talk about how we quit listening because it is the same ole boring crap (but never mention that you are mad about his Niner insults).

[/b]

classic points but one problem.

if people on the radio and at the paper get paid to promote the acc over us then what do we do about it?

iā€™ve been hearing about the promotional payments for years.

Shame on the fans who left early for UNC-Dook, it would not have hurt a thing to miss the first 30 minutes of your precious UNC-Dook game. :frowning: I like the ACC and all, but the Niners come first in my priority list even though I actually did not graduate from UNCC.

I did not watch any of the dook-unc game. i did call a local station and ask them why more niner games are not being televised on regular tv.

what did they reply, ā€œLocal School games are not worthy of being televisedā€ cause that excuse is royal bulls*@t to me, we are 27th hopefully going to be in the Top 25 next week after we beat the s*#t out of Houston, its pretty bad when a program as good as we are is still referred to as a Local School.

Correction Houston and St. Louis

[i]Originally posted by Over40NINER+Feb 10 2005, 01:01 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (Over40NINER @ Feb 10 2005, 01:01 AM)
[i]Originally posted by CharlotteAlum[/i]@Feb 10 2005, 06:48 AM [b] I hope that she feels better today! [/b]
From the looks of it, I think she may have woken up this morning with a bit of a hangover. :drink:

That was a priceless moment with you two. The campus police were eyeballing you the rest of the night since they knew they had such a troublemaker on their hands. Your husband just canā€™t take you anywhere can he? :stuck_out_tongue:

[i]Originally posted by jcl49er+Feb 10 2005, 08:09 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (jcl49er @ Feb 10 2005, 08:09 AM)
[i]Originally posted by CharlotteAlum[/i]@Feb 10 2005, 07:22 AM [b] Over40 was talking about HIS friend - not the old Bat!

[/b]

Yeah, I felt sorry for her too with her being in the middle of you two crazy women! You nearly gave that old bat an anxiety attack. Poor womanā€¦came all this way to see her team play and had to get berrated by you. Shame, shame, shameā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

It is the age old problem that is debated on the board several times each season. I think we are getting the best coverage from the Observer we have ever gotten. I donā€™t think there would have been more people there if there was a bigger article. The people that want to see us know when we play and find a way to get there. Face facts, in this state, you cannot compete against the Tar Babies and Pukies. It is just not going to happen. It is tough competition that even the Hornets used to lose years ago.

All we can do as fans is make sure that WE are at the games and yell as loud as we can.

As Dave ā€œFace Painterā€ Puddy says:

ā€œGotta support the team!ā€

Now it is on the Saint Louis.

Hopefully next Wednesday we will have a better crowd for a very good DePaul team.

[b]I dunno which was worse, the people who left at halftime or the people that left with like 5 mins. to go[/b]

I left with :17 seconds to go so Iā€™m sure whoever had full surveilance on me last night was upset.

No chance there was 5800 last night. Maybe 3500. Very disappointing but that is what being a Niner fan is like.

Hey 49erPi I was in charge of keeping an eye on you last night.

[i]Originally posted by NINERcowbellplayer[/i]@Feb 9 2005, 11:08 PM [b] ...and it wan't just student that wern't there, alumni are KILLING US.

[/b]

I donā€™t understand. Can you explain how alumni are ā€œKILLING USā€?

[i]Originally posted by SilvioDante+Feb 10 2005, 08:34 AM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (SilvioDante @ Feb 10 2005, 08:34 AM)