For those of us that were unable to attend

Was Harris injured? Was it considered a dirty play? Is that why Lutz got a T?

Was Harris injured? Was it considered a dirty play? Is that why Lutz got a T?

He was down for a few minutes but he got up.

Yes

Yes

Pfeiffer’s players were sliding under our guys, undercutting them every time they went in the air, and the refs weren’t calling it, except once. Not sure that was the case when Harris got hurt, because it could have been his own momentum carrying him into the defender, but Lutz was right to get mad at the refs.

They did the same thing the last time we played them too. If I see Fifer as an exhibition game on a future schedule, I’ll be asking WHY?

[QUOTE]They did the same thing the last time we played them too. If I see Fifer as an exhibition game on a future schedule, I’ll be asking WHY?[/QUOTE]

My buddy who was close said he saw Lutz’s lips when he was shouting at the Fifer coach and saying “you will never play here again.”

My buddy who was close said he saw Lutz's lips when he was shouting at the Fifer coach and saying "you will never play here again."

Didn’t he say that last time we played them? If it’s true, good riddance. We don’t need these little chumps injuring out players. Bring in Queens or JCSU or Mt Olive and we will still get our preseason practice in.

I think part of Lutz’s anger was the fact that Pfeiffer played on and the refs did nothing to stop the game when Harris was writhing on the ground. I mean this was an exhibition game, there was no reason to push on when a player could have been seriously injured.

I think part of Lutz's anger was the fact that Pfeiffer played on and the refs did nothing to stop the game when Harris was writhing on the ground. I mean this was an exhibition game, there was no reason to push on when a player could have been seriously injured.
Unfortunately, I think Fifer viewed this game as being much more important than just an exhibition.

We could hear Lutz from the front row of 104, and that’s exactly what he said.

My buddy who was close said he saw Lutz's lips when he was shouting at the Fifer coach and saying "you will never play here again."
Classy.
Classy.

So I guess that means you’re cool with losing a starter, on a cheap play, before the season starts, in a game that doesn’t even count?

So I guess that means you're cool with losing a starter, on a cheap play, before the season starts, in a game that doesn't even count?

As long as the result is him getting to bash Lutz…absolutely.

I thought it was awesome to see Lutz run across the floor and enter the Pfeiffer huddle.

[QUOTE=Normmm;358193]So I guess that means you’re cool with losing a starter, on a cheap play, before the season starts, in a game that doesn’t even count?[/QUOTE]I think a fair question is would he be ok with Bobby doing nothing while the starting PG is laying on the floor injured because of a cheap shot.

I think a fair question is would he be ok with Bobby doing nothing while the starting PG is laying on the floor injured because of a cheap shot.

Would he be ok with Bobby doing nothing while ANY player is laying on the floor injured because of a cheap shot.

Can coaches get thrown out of exhibition games? What would Bobby have done if the ref threw him out? That would have been a priceless moment. LOL!!! I don’t think Bobby would have left.

Are exhibition games governed I guess the same by the NCAA the same as other games?

[QUOTE=cibik02;358226]Can coaches get thrown out of exhibition games? What would Bobby have done if the ref threw him out? That would have been a priceless moment. LOL!!! I don’t think Bobby would have left.

Are exhibition games governed I guess the same by the NCAA the same as other games?[/QUOTE]

The games are governed by the NCAA, so I presume the ejection rules are the same. The NCAA mandated that D1 teams would play DII (or other lower division NCAA) teams beginning in 2004(?) so that teams would not be playing the likes of “Athletes In Action” or others like them. To the point, I don’t know the specifics, but the NCAA still has a say so I’m guessing the rules are the same as the are for a regular season game.

[QUOTE=MKNiner;358205]As long as the result is him getting to bash Lutz…absolutely.[/QUOTE]

Well, I’ll do it. I like Lutz but he has no reason going into another teams huddle unless he wants to get his ass kicked. Period.

Can you imagine him going into Cincy’s huddle under the same circumstances? He might have stood 20 ft away and yelled but that’s about it. He only did this because he felt like he was dealing with an underling that he was doing a favor for.

Don’t play them again and deal with it after the game. However, I do understand the heat of the moment. But on the other hand, if you can’t control your emotions, how do you expect your players to?

Not sure that was the case when Harris got hurt,

First I was right behind the goal where Harris went down. And that was definitely the case. Dude did everything but throw harris down…

And we need to make one thing straight before people start freaking out…

Harris is NOT injured… He said in the post game that he when he went down, his calf cramped up really bad… So he is NOT injured.

Well, I'll do it. I like Lutz but he has no reason going into another teams huddle unless he wants to get his ass kicked. Period.

He went over there because Fifer was playing dirty and it was only an exhibition game. Lutz had EVERY right to tell that coach and those players to calm the **** down…

I’m sure Lutz watched the entire season flash when Harris hit the floor.