Forget the "Blame Game" - we can't shoot

Blame the coach.
Blame the fans.
Blame the guards.
Blame Curtis Withers - Etc. Etc. Etc.

Simply put guys, - we can’t shoot the basketball. There is no quick fix for this.
If you can not put the ball in the hole, you will get beat. We had a lot of good looks that barely drew iron and some didn’t even do that.

What game were you watching. Did you see Indiana put the ball in the basket when they were WIDE freaking open. We did the same thing. The difference. If they weren’t wide open, they posted the ball and got a look for their best player. If we aren’t wide open…we jack a three and fall away.

EXACTLY, You can blame the coach. FACT is that Indiana is a much more disciplined and better coached team than we are. Bobby Lutz still has the offense set up for Plavich, sorry but I believe he graduated Bobby. Change YOUR DAMN OFFENSE.

[QUOTE=49erFan1;145224]What game were you watching. Did you see Indiana put the ball in the basket when they were WIDE freaking open. We did the same thing. The difference. If they weren’t wide open, they posted the ball and got a look for their best player. If we aren’t wide open…we jack a three and fall away.[/QUOTE]

I watched the Indiana game from courtside with a very good view. I saw about 3 Indiana guys that could easily knock down a 3 and about 0 charlotte players that could. Not saying that we couldn’t play better perimeter defense, but they were 10 of 14 from 3 in the first half. After a while the stats don’t lie. Everything breaks down when the shots don’t fall.

You can’t let anybody shoot twice as good as you from the field and expect to come even close.

I think we need to “EAT MORE CHICKEN”

MOOOOOOOOO

[QUOTE=BigTimeNiner;145222]Blame the coach.
Blame the fans.
Blame the guards.
Blame Curtis Withers - Etc. Etc. Etc.

Simply put guys, - we can’t shoot the basketball. There is no quick fix for this.
If you can not put the ball in the hole, you will get beat. We had a lot of good looks that barely drew iron and some didn’t even do that.[/QUOTE]

You know, I hate to say I told you so, but I told everybody so. If you can’t shoot the ball you can’t win period.

I’m going to get this out my system so eveybody call me stupid at once.

I saw Gonzaga play a couple of days ago. They are the antithesis of us. A smart bunch of guys who can shoot and play hard. B-Ball IQ out the wazoo. Their “All-American” steps up and play like it. They play hard on D and seem to understand the concept.

Tip of the Iceberg.

Bottom line- we have recruited the wrong type of players. We all know it. Quit covering for it. A good, good friend of mine has told me the same thing. His son knows the team and says they care more about partying than being players. I believe him. They aren’t willing to do what it takes to be good. AND THEY DON’T SEEM TO CARE.

Adam Morrison is the best player in College basketball, don’t compare us to Gonzaga. This team actually has a coach and understands what it means to move the ball and get the ball inside. JP Bautista can score inside and Morrison can dominate anyone.

How about we look at why we didn’t shoot the ball. Half the time we had a hand in our face or our big men were jacking up 15+ footers. How about we drive/work the ball around and get a WIDE open look like Indiana was doing everytime down the floor.

Well can’t wait till we get a couple of those skinny white guys that can shoot next year in Dewurst and Phaler, because that seems to be the only way we can play under Lutz.

LOL, recruited the wrong players, how about a we have the wrong type of offense in place for these players. No guy that can jack up an offbalanced three = we are screwed.

We simply have no talent.

Curt can’t even get solid post position to receive an entry pass (Twon got position all night and was fed 4-5 times in the post by contrast) and Curt is our most Talented player…a post player at that.

We have 2 point guards that aren’t point guards.

We have ZERO play makers that can break down a defense.

We have no shot blockers.

We have no defensive stoppers.

We have no consistent shooters.

Bottom line…we simply don’t have any talent. Our coaching may be suspect as well, but honestly, look at my statements and show me where I’m wrong. We have no talent…no D1 talent anyway. We have a lot of 6th man-type players but we don’t have any true D1 starter other than Curt and he’s a stretch at this point.

[QUOTE=KTown49er;145239]We simply have no talent.

Curt can’t even get solid post position to receive an entry pass (Twon got position all night and was fed 4-5 times in the post by contrast) and Curt is our most Talented player…a post player at that.

Bottom line…we simply don’t have any talent. Our coaching may be suspect as well, but honestly, look at my statements and show me where I’m wrong. We have no talent…no D1 talent anyway. We have a lot of 6th man-type players but we don’t have any true D1 starter other than Curt and he’s a stretch at this point.[/QUOTE]

The Truth Hurts

[QUOTE=hootie;145237]

I saw Gonzaga play a couple of days ago. They are the antithesis of us. A smart bunch of guys who can shoot and play hard. B-Ball IQ out the wazoo. Their “All-American” steps up and play like it. They play hard on D and seem to understand the concept.

Bottom line- we have recruited the wrong type of players. We all know it. Quit covering for it. A good, good friend of mine has told me the same thing. His son knows the team and says they care more about partying than being players. I believe him. They aren’t willing to do what it takes to be good. AND THEY DON’T SEEM TO CARE.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I agree. The shooting is bad, and, hell, you either have it or you dont and we just dont. But, the bball IQ thing is what really bothers me. We just have zero ‘heady’ players. And, no we dont seem to have any leaders either.

Its a sad season. I reverted back to the ‘curtis nash experiment’ season while watching this game – I never believed we even had a chance to win. Thats depressing. Its also depressing that I’m pretty much ignoring most of college basketball just because my team is garbage this year.

I’m done bitching at the team, I just dont have any expectations any more. Just come and play hard and hopefully learn something for next year. No matter who we lose, we can’t possibly be much worse.

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;145238]Adam Morrison is the best player in College basketball, don’t compare us to Gonzaga. This team actually has a coach and understands what it means to move the ball and get the ball inside. JP Bautista can score inside and Morrison can dominate anyone.

How about we look at why we didn’t shoot the ball. Half the time we had a hand in our face or our big men were jacking up 15+ footers. How about we drive/work the ball around and get a WIDE open look like Indiana was doing everytime down the floor.

Well can’t wait till we get a couple of those skinny white guys that can shoot next year in Dewurst and Phaler, because that seems to be the only way we can play under Lutz.

LOL, recruited the wrong players, how about a we have the wrong type of offense in place for these players. No guy that can jack up an offbalanced three = we are screwed.[/QUOTE]

Okay, quick question. Exactly what kind of offense can these no playing ****s excel in ? Please tell me because I’m lost.

And I think you just confirmed what I said, we are the antithesis (opposite) of Gonzaga. Their “AA” plays like one.

[QUOTE=KTown49er;145239]We simply have no talent.

Bottom line…we simply don’t have any talent. Our coaching may be suspect as well, but honestly, look at my statements and show me where I’m wrong. We have no talent…no D1 talent anyway. We have a lot of 6th man-type players but we don’t have any true D1 starter other than Curt and he’s a stretch at this point.[/QUOTE]

The most ridiculous post I’ve read all season long. Thanks for the laugh.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;145251]The most ridiculous post I’ve read all season long. Thanks for the laugh.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:[/QUOTE]

We’re 5-5 against a horrible schedule. What exactly is laughable? Withers is “supposed” to be a big-time talent. Where is the rest of it?

Our best win is over a Davidson team that recruits far down the talent line from us. Please expound NA because I don’t get it.

Instead of making a blanket statement. How about showing me where I’m wrong.

Name a shot blocker.
Name a defensive stopper.
Name a Playmaker that can break down a defense.
Name a consistent jumpshooter.
Name a TRUE point guard that creates offense.

I’m not trying to be an @ss. It’s just the truth. We seriously don’t have any talent. Sorry if you disagree.

[QUOTE=hootie;145237]Bottom line- we have recruited the wrong type of players. We all know it. Quit covering for it. A good, good friend of mine has told me the same thing. His son knows the team and says they care more about partying than being players. [/QUOTE]

aren’t these the type of players we used to give cinci and memphis fans grief about?

[QUOTE=hootie;145252]We’re 5-5 against a horrible schedule. What exactly is laughable? Withers is “supposed” to be a big-time talent. Where is the rest of it?

Our best win is over a Davidson team that recruits far down the talent line from us. Please expound NA because I don’t get it.[/QUOTE]

You know what, we should play division III ball. Kentucky should come with us.

[QUOTE=hootie;145252]We’re 5-5 against a horrible schedule. What exactly is laughable? Withers is “supposed” to be a big-time talent. Where is the rest of it?

Our best win is over a Davidson team that recruits far down the talent line from us. Please expound NA because I don’t get it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Our SOS was 222 coming into tonight at a 5-4 record which included a home win over Davidson in 2OT. Watching this team 6 times this year (including Pfeiffer)…it’s easy to see.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;145256]You know what, we should play division III ball. Kentucky should come with us.[/QUOTE]

I still don’t get your sarcastic Kentucky reference. But just for sh!ts and giggles.

Kentucky: 7-3 SOS of 64

Charlotte: 5-5 SOS of 222

Both teams got whacked by Indiana. But…One team has talent the other doesn’t. Look at the numbers and take a wild guess which one.

[QUOTE=KTown49er;145260]I still don’t get your sarcastic Kentucky reference. But just for sh!ts and giggles.

Kentucky: 7-3 SOS of 64

Charlotte: 5-5 SOS of 222

Both teams got whacked by Indiana. But…One team has talent the other doesn’t. Look at the numbers and take a wild guess which one.[/QUOTE]

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: