Former EKU HC Dean Hood to join Charlotte staff

Dean Ford will be joining the Charlotte staff, not sure what the role will be. Prior to being the HC at EKU, he was WFU’s DC from 2001-2007.

Wiki bio

Thanks to the twitter machine, I’ve learned he’s childhood friends of Urban Meyer.

Can he coach special teams?

[quote=“JB, post:2, topic:30046”]Can he coach special teams?[/quote]Can he, yes. Will he, u’ll see.

clt says welcome to our hood.

Coaching Experience
Fairmont (W.Va.) State (Secondary Coach, 1987-88)
Colgate (Assistant Secondary Coach, 1989)
Glenville (W.Va.) State (Defensive Coordinator/Assistant Head Coach, 1990-93)
Eastern Kentucky (Secondary Coach, 1994-96), (Defensive Coordinator, 1997-98)
Ohio (Seconardary Coach, 1999-00)
Wake Forest (Defensive Coordinator/Secondary Coach, 2001-07)
Eastern Kentucky (Head Coach, 2008-present)

http://www.ekusports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=167&path=football

EKU took Kentucky to OT this season.

Fits the narrative. We want to be Little Wake Forest football. Have succes 1-2 seasons per decade with flawless track record off the field. He probably gets right kind of kids.

David Scott @davidscott14
Brad Lambert has hired former Eastern Kentucky head coach and Wake def. coor. Dean Hood as @Charlotte49ers asst head coach and OL coach.

I don’t have a problem with that. I don’t have a problem with a program getting the right kind of kids. BUT: They are in the ACC and have ACC money. We are not in a P5 conference and do not have P5 money, so I do think we need to make sure we still focus on winning. I hope he can help us do that.[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

He was a good head coach at EKU (from glancing at his record), looks like a good addition in my opinion.

So I take it Donnalley wont be back?

It concerns me is that he has never coached the Oline.

This is a great hire in my opinion, looks like he was pretty successful at EKU. He will be the Assistant Head Coach and coach TEs and Richardson will now coach the OL.

He’ll be back in the weight room.

He’ll be back in the weight room.[/quote]

I was hoping he’d be back on the radio too.

[quote=“2k, post:7, topic:30046”]David Scott @davidscott14
Brad Lambert has hired former Eastern Kentucky head coach and Wake def. coor. Dean Hood as @Charlotte49ers asst head coach and OL coach.[/quote]
Correction, TE coach, not OL

Well, any kind of offensive coach couldn’t hurt. Apparently we had the worst average team passer rating at home - http://www.allmysportsteamssuck.com/2015/12/17/best-and-worst-of-the-2015-ncaa-football-season-all-128-teams/

[quote=“emf, post:15, topic:30046”][quote=“2k, post:7, topic:30046”]David Scott @davidscott14
Brad Lambert has hired former Eastern Kentucky head coach and Wake def. coor. Dean Hood as @Charlotte49ers asst head coach and OL coach.[/quote]
Correction, TE coach, not OL
https://mobile.twitter.com/davidscott14/status/677555558300442624[/quote]

I was kinda worried because he had never coached Oline.

He won the conference twice, went to the playoffs 3 times and had one losing season (5-6 in his 2nd season) at EKU, but was fired after this past season’s 6-5 record after 8 seasons. Seems like he did pretty well there for whatever that is worth.

Excellent addition. Welcome coach Hood

Can’t make chicken salad with chicken…well you know.