Fox News Rising and BOT Meeting

OK - So here is the deal. This morning Wilson said that if we get the crew back together on campus the day of the BOT meeting that he and the FNR Wilson’s World group would come back out. Think this morning - but bigger and with more students. I wanted to go ahead and start working on the details. We need locations - this morning I think we decided at the new student union. Is this still a good location? Who do we need to make this legal with the U?

What’s the date?

[QUOTE=C49er;423382]What’s the date?[/QUOTE]

I am not too sure!

I am not certain about this, but I believe that I heard the meeting was on September 17.

So what’s the deal w/ parking by alums? Are they going to tell Parking not to give out parking tickets so we can park for free?

Is this still a good location? Who do we need to make this legal with the U?
I'd go with either someone in the AD (probably easier since they'll know who you are) or someone in Public Relations since a news outlet would be on campus.

EDIT: Next meeting for the BOT is Sept 17th in the Reese building. http://www.administration.uncc.edu/board-of-trustees/Notice-of-Public-Meeting.html

Who gives a **** about parking tickets anymore when you’re not a student?

Because after 2 years of unpaid parking tickets you have to pay, or they’ll threaten to turn your name over to the State. I know from experience. I don’t need to go to Meck Court.

May want to rethink this. The only real news that could come from this meeting is bad news.

If we aren’t close to our goal they will push football back= Bad News

If we are close, Everything on schedule=No real news.

Hate to be a NinerID, but this is the reality of our situation.

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;423412]May want to rethink this. The only real news that could come from this meeting is bad news.

Hate to be a NinerID, but this is the reality of our situation.[/QUOTE]
O
Jimmy I understand what you are saying 100% but look at it this if we are close to the goal more pub might get us over the top. If we arent and start date gets pushed back we need more pub. So where you see nothing good I see nothing but good. Make sense?

I gotta side with Wupass here. I think the publicity and support will be needed, especially if they extend the date.

Who gives a **** about parking tickets anymore when you're not a student?
I just received a notice from a collection agency for a ticket I received at a baseball game when I was NOT illegally parked. And no one from the AD returned either of my 2 phone calls about baseball parking. That's ok though.... I understand they open more parking lots for softball games (sarcasm).

I doubt I buy season tickets for baseball next year because of this crap… and I’ve cut back on “other contributions” too.

I gotta side with Wupass here. I think the publicity and support will be needed, especially if they extend the date.
Agreed.

[QUOTE=Jimmyhat49er;423412]May want to rethink this. The only real news that could come from this meeting is bad news.

Hate to be a NinerID, but this is the reality of our situation.[/QUOTE]
Great to see you are now literate to what is on the wall.

I imagine we stay the course though, right?

[QUOTE=Over40NINER;423446]I just received a notice from a collection agency for a ticket I received at a baseball game when I was NOT illegally parked. And no one from the AD returned either of my 2 phone calls about baseball parking. That’s ok though… I understand they open more parking lots for softball games (sarcasm).

I doubt I buy season tickets for baseball next year because of this crap… and I’ve cut back on “other contributions” too.
Agreed.[/QUOTE]

I received a parking ticket two years ago. It was my first trip to campus since '96. Parking is a joke!!! Anyway, I haven’t sent the U a dime since! I did purchase 2 FSL’s and will support football if it happens. Without football, this school will never get another dime from me.

I received a parking ticket two years ago. It was my first trip to campus since '96. Parking is a joke!!!! Anyway, I haven't sent the U a dime since!
I took a photo of the person that gave me my ticket (sorry to get off topic).

How about a tailgate on a Saturday between now and the Board meeting? Maybe pick a soccer gameday and promote it as a ‘practice tailgate’ for football. Or, pick a local bar in University area have a big tailgate in their parking lot then go into the bar and watch college football. Certainly a bar would jump all over this type of event. Just throwing out ideas.

[QUOTE=Mr. Bojangles;423453]How about a tailgate on a Saturday between now and the Board meeting? Maybe pick a soccer gameday and promote it as a ‘practice tailgate’ for football. Or, pick a local bar in University area have a big tailgate in their parking lot then go into the bar and watch college football. Certainly a bar would jump all over this type of event. Just throwing out ideas.[/QUOTE]

I like the bar idea! We could do Picassos or some other location. Soccer would be fun too - but what are the rules around drinking on campus? And we all know the parking crap.

[QUOTE=NinerWupAss;423455]I like the bar idea! We could do Picassos or some other location. Soccer would be fun too - but what are the rules around drinking on campus? And we all know the parking crap.[/QUOTE]

They allow tailgating and alcohol for hoops tailgating, I don’t see why they wouldn’t for soccer. Tailgate in the parking lot near the baseball field and stroll on over.

Picassos would be a great. I’m sure they would be on board with this, but the parking there is terrible. Some others to consider, Hams, Stool Pigeons.

EDIT: Just checked the soccer schedule and their home opener is Saturday Sept 12 at 7:00. Probably too close to the board meeting.