Freshmen football players

What freshmen are you guys most excited to watch this season? who has the biggest impact? what sleeper recruit do you think surpasses expectations?

1 Like

Can we take this a step further and asked about the RS freshman as well? I would think we have a few that may get some PT this year like Bly? I am looking forward to the DL if they are ready to play.

yeah. rs guys also. bly, with his speed, could def help in the KR/PR game.

1 Like

Tyā€™kieast Crawford and Arabee Mulism making immediate impacts would be huge for an OL that needs help and give us a chance at one of the better offenses in CUSA.

Lots to be excited about this year!

1 Like

During the virtual tailgate, Healy said a couple pretty incredible things about Tykieast Crawford. First, he said he had a few 247 and Rivals analysts tell him that they had Crawford ranked as a five star. He also said that Crawford was one of the best high school O Linemen heā€™s ever seen. He may have said THE best. Maybe someone can help me remember his exact words.
He will be an absolute beast.

3 Likes

We have about ten guys Iā€™m very excited to see, but I do think the impact guys will be playing on the OL.

clt says Crawford will continue our run of NFL big men

3 Likes

Healy and staff did such a great job with JUCOs and Transfers that we wonā€™t have to rely on some of the younger guys to step up as much as we once thought. I would throw Elijah Turner in there as one to watch, maybe a 3-headed approach with Harbinson, Mcallister, and him?

iā€™ll be right back. i have to go grab the lotion. seriously though, that is in the know people who have seen thoussands of h.s. players and to make a statement like that. wow. for my sleeper pick, im picking darion smith. 6ā€™4" with a 7ā€™ wingspan. thatā€™s jon jones with a football body.

i would have put turner in there but i assume he would RS this season and maybe start next season but him and crawford are the 2 i think have the best futures.

Not a freshman but I believe sophomore LB Jaylon Sharpe is going to have a huge year, his performance as a freshman was very well

2 Likes

heā€™s my pick for breakout player of the season. pretty highly recruited out of high school, good size. him and bemah are quite a duo, plus harris and BFW.

1 Like

Our LB core looks pretty good. BFW was coming on well after getting some actual playing time.

The guy from Hunter Huss Prince who blew out his ACL was starting as a freshman as well.

Best part about a thread like this? Iā€™ve been racking my brain to try and boil it down to 1 kidā€¦ IN years past it was much easier.

Kinda wanna see Prince Bemah play some more too after that injury. He is a RS FR this year.

2 Likes

the biggest impact this season will almost certainly be crawford. however, iā€™m excited to watch arabee muslim. the man seems to be working out very hard judging by his dadā€™s twitter and iā€™m hoping that he gets a shot at the starting lineup and runs with it. ofc im also excited for the rest of the 2020 class, like turner, trey creamer, anthony jackson, gibson, etc. also want to see what some of the 2019 class does, particularly with sharpe and bly.

also really hyped about the boykins transfer. hopefully he can do something for us and be a defensive machine. and naturally, i love the harbison transfer too. however i am interested in what the likes of hunter kelly and antone williams can bring to the table.

honestly this season is going to be very exciting for us as we finally have some expectations for this program. please, let this sort of thing continue for the future and letā€™s get even better in the future.

1 Like

clt welcomes the new chat pager. Good info!

1 Like

why thank you! iā€™m just any ordinary guy who loves charlotte and is interested in whatā€™s happening :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think the freshmen impacts will be on the defensive end ā€¦we beat out some P5 teams with this 2020 class especially in the secondaryā€¦def excited about creamerā€¦Jackson and Bennett ā€¦much added depth

1 Like