From a Memphis Tiger message thread...

“This game scares me as much as any game left on our schedule. If memory serves me correctly, we are 1-4 vs in Charlotte (in conference) and the win we got there was in 95-96. Withers has been playing great, the crowd will be all over us and you never know about the home cooking calls that could happen. We have to play well on D, and we can’t settle for 3s all night either. I have faith that we can win, but this is no gimme game by a long shot”

"Home Cooking’ calls ? I think that is one thing Memphis dosn’t need to worry about coming to Halton. Also, I really hope that there are no Memphis fans that would think that this game would be gimme for them. Anyway, thought it was interesting to share…hopefully it hasnt been posted before. I was a little surprised to see that there is not much talk about us on their message board…at least not the one I visited at MemphisTigers.org.

The folks on the Memphus board appear to be obsessed with…what else…themselves!!!

Calipare definately found his home.

blah blah, of course we are centered on ourselves. we played nice guy in this league and we are being left in a crappy basketball conference. go look at the C-USA board, there is more talk about f****** baseball.

As for the game, most Memphis fans are more scared about this game that the UL and UC games left as I am. When I went to Queens, I saw Memphis play Charlotte 3 times at Halton and none of them were close. I guess maybe you could count that one where we came back from 20 down as close, but other than that, you have taken care of us at your house. Heck, Memphis is 8-7 in Freedom Hall the last 15 times there. 1-4 in Halton all time (or was it Independence arena for 1996)?

Well ! you know what squid ? Get ready for another a$$ whipping session before we leave CUSA.

[i]Originally posted by Niner89[/i]@Feb 20 2005, 10:35 PM [b] Well ! you know what squid ? Get ready for another a$$ whipping session before we leave CUSA. [/b]
Bring it!!

How did this game not get picked for ESPN?

Very simple squid. Because it is memphis high. Do you honestly expect ESPN would waste their money just because you guys got lucky a couple of times this season?

[i]Originally posted by Niner89[/i]@Feb 20 2005, 10:40 PM [b] Very simple squid. Because it is memphis high. Do you honestly expect ESPN would waste their money just because you guys got lucky a couple of times this season? [/b]
why not? They've done it 11 times already this season with 2 more to go. Plus, that Gameday thing they are doing here Sat.

yea it must really suck to have south fl chosen over you. i mean you have a better football program and basketball program but they still picked south fl. :lol: :lol:
Hey at least you can use the fur coats to recruit with.

[i]Originally posted by finalfourtyniners[/i]@Feb 20 2005, 10:41 PM [b] yea it must really suck to have south fl chosen over you. i mean you have a better football program and basketball program but they still picked south fl. :lol: :lol: Hey at least you can use the fur coats to recruit with. [/b]
yes it does suck. Sadly, we aren't located in Florida with a booster named Steinbrener.

Hey, they were fake furs, get it right!

Then the memphis high booster club should be ashame of themselves for tricking kids into playing for fake furs. Shame on you guys. Let alone you even drag your bottom feeder slimy self over our board and brag about it. Anyway, aren’t you suppose to be laying in a freezer at a japanese or chinese restaurant getting ready or something?

1. While the University of Memphis men’s basketball squad won an exhibition game on Saturday night, four players had their campus apartment burglarized. According to the original police report, the players were robbed of $66,720 worth of possessions, including eight mink coats worth $40,000. (It must get extremely chilly in Memphis.) By Monday afternoon, a university spokesman said the report had been amended. Instead of eight minks, it now said that nine fur coats “of some description” and two fur purses were taken. Those items were worth $3,600, and the spokesman said they belonged not to the players but to a friend. Let’s hope it’s a good friend. The original police report also included $2,500 in diamond earrings, $4,000 in custom-made shirts and $6,000 worth of shoes. Apparently, conditions in Memphis are much better than the “prison” Rashad McCants claims to live in at North Carolina.

www.cnnsi.com/2004/writers/pete_mcentegart/11/10/ten.spot/+memphis+basketball+fur+coats&hl=en&start=2]cals mink coats[/url]

[i]Originally posted by fsquid[/i]@Feb 20 2005, 10:28 PM [b] ....we played nice guy in this league........

[/b]

:lmao:

[i]Originally posted by finalfourtyniners[/i]@Feb 20 2005, 10:53 PM [b] 9. While the University of Memphis men's basketball squad won an exhibition game on Saturday night, four players had their campus apartment burglarized. According to the original police report, the players were robbed of $66,720 worth of possessions, including eight mink coats worth $40,000. (It must get extremely chilly in Memphis.) By Monday afternoon, a university spokesman said the report had been amended. Instead of eight minks, it now said that nine fur coats "of some description" and two fur purses were taken. Those items were worth $3,600, and the spokesman said they belonged not to the players but to a friend. Let's hope it's a good friend. The original police report also included $2,500 in diamond earrings, $4,000 in custom-made shirts and $6,000 worth of shoes. Apparently, conditions in Memphis are much better than the "prison" Rashad McCants claims to live in at North Carolina.

www.cnnsi.com/2004/writers/pete_mcentegart/11/10/ten.spot/+memphis+basketball+fur+coats&hl=en&start=2]cals mink coats[/url] [/b]

kind of funny, they get robbed and somehow they are the ones that are “in the wrong”.

C alipari
$ pends for
E very
T iger

[b]finalfourtyniners Posted on Feb 20 2005, 11:16 PM C alipari $ pends for E very T iger [/b]

:lol: Nice sign for Wednesday.

fsquid is one of the few memphis fans i respect…

forget all this other blather. i was at the pyramid for last year’s debacle. i hope that unlike our fans, our players haven’t forgotten that drubbing. it’s time for payback.

I’m sure we won’t forget, kick 'em when they’re down, or on the way back up at least. By the way fsquid, better scout the HS baseball teams cause that’s about all you’ll be talking about, after all national college baseball champ rice is coming in, too bad no sports will be played, just a ball and boredom.

[b]This game scares me as much as any game left on our schedule. If memory serves me correctly, we are 1-4 vs in Charlotte (in conference) and the win we got there was in 95-96.[/b]

That one win came at the Big I (Cricket Arena) and was the same season Big Daddy Kuehle broke his ankle a few weeks prior at Memphis. Lorenzen Wright was hard to handle without Kuehle in the lineup. Let’s make it 0-5 at Halton!!!

[i]Originally posted by NinerAdvocate[/i]@Feb 21 2005, 08:01 AM [b] fsquid is one of the few memphis fans i respect...

forget all this other blather. i was at the pyramid for last year’s debacle. i hope that unlike our fans, our players haven’t forgotten that drubbing. it’s time for payback. [/b]

The half court shot winner was also a nice touch.

[i]Originally posted by DownwithNBA[/i]@Feb 21 2005, 09:05 AM [b] I'm sure we won't forget, kick 'em when they're down, or on the way back up at least. By the way fsquid, better scout the HS baseball teams cause that's about all you'll be talking about, after all national college baseball champ rice is coming in, too bad no sports will be played, just a ball and boredom. [/b]
I can't argue with this. Go to the C-USA board, and try to find a basketball post, you can't!! Memphis will be playing the Gonzaga role next year although Gonzaga's conference has St. Mary's and San Fran in it and those teams are pretty good.