From Temple fan: Kudos to Harris

I don't think you give him enough credit. But to add to your argument, He shoots 36.9% from the field and Gerrity shoots 41.5 overall.

Just the throw this in:

Wilderness (Freshman Forwardā€¦) leads the team with 50% FG (75/150). He is going to be pivotal the rest of his time at Charlotte and next year especially I think.

I don't think you give him enough credit. But to add to your argument, He shoots 36.9% from the field and Gerrity shoots 41.5 overall.

I think he has a good stroke, but he simply will not shoot the ball unless heā€™s wide open. I get the feeling if he got it blocked once, heā€™d never work up the confidence to shoot it again. Itā€™s nice to see that in a player, actually. I like Gerrity more I think because heā€™s more exciting, but Harris is GREAT for this team.

Speaking of blocks, does it seem to anyone else we get blocked more than any other team in basketball history? We got blocked going inside at Temple like every third play.

Harris for President.

Just the throw this in:

Wilderness (Freshman Forwardā€¦) leads the team with 50% FG (75/150). He is going to be pivotal the rest of his time at Charlotte and next year especially I think.

hide his 61% ft though and misses on 1 and 1s. but other than thatā€¦ looks like he has a bright 3 more years here.

Speaking of blocks, does it seem to anyone else we get blocked more than any other team in basketball history? We got blocked going inside at Temple like every third play.
Yes, we get blocked A LOT it seems. Even more than the box score will show.

AND we were a blocking machine:biggrin: it seemed up until January and now??? wellā€¦ we donā€™t seem like a blocking machine anymore.:unhappy:

I love Harris. Say whatever you want, but his play exceeds his talent every night, just based on hustle and heart alone.

Temple seems to be a pretty classy organization. I can't say anything about their students, but their messageboarders seem to be good guys and their team impressed me. The A-10 has a lot of teams like that, Xavier being another.

minus ā€œGoongateā€ of courseā€¦ but Franā€™s there nowā€¦ Chaney had a great career but he was classless in my opinion, I grew up around Philly and had to deal w/him all the time.

[QUOTE=Jersey Niner32;300770]minus ā€œGoongateā€ of courseā€¦ but Franā€™s there nowā€¦ Chaney had a great career but he was classless in my opinion, I grew up around Philly and had to deal w/him all the time.[/QUOTE]

So he beat you up a lot, huh?

[QUOTE=Powerbait;300777]So he beat you up a lot, huh?[/QUOTE]

He didnā€™t beat him up, he sent one of his players to do it.

He didn't beat him up, he sent one of his players to do it.

No he just was on TV as much as possible crying about his sub-par Temple teamsā€¦around here one of the local channels does all-access to Temple so they basically would broadcast everything Chaney saidā€¦ it got annoying real fast.

[QUOTE=Jersey Niner32;300784]No he just was on TV as much as possible crying about his sub-par Temple teamsā€¦around here one of the local channels does all-access to Temple so they basically would broadcast everything Chaney saidā€¦ it got annoying real fast.[/QUOTE]

Sub-par? Chaney had some damn good Temple teams.

Temple seems to be a pretty classy organization. I can't say anything about their students, but their messageboarders seem to be good guys and their team impressed me. The A-10 has a lot of teams like that, Xavier being another.

They are classy after John Chaneyā€™s threats to Calipari. ā€œIā€™m going to kick your ass John, the next time I see you I am going to kick your ass.ā€ Google it for anyone unsure of reference

Harris is [B]15th in the nation[/B] in Assist to Turnover ratio.
Assit to Turnover ratio is an overrated stat.

[QUOTE=ninerrbl;300811]Assit to Turnover ratio is an overrated stat.[/QUOTE]

Sorry man, when it comes to judging a point guards effectiveness strictly based on stats, the only stat close is a plus minus, and that is dependent on the rest of the team. For a pass first shoot fifth point guard this is a crucial stat. I will however agree that when you are watching a game you can make other judgments.
That being said, watching him and Gerrity play together they are a killer two headed monster. No stat can factor in how affective a penetrate and dish point guard and a smart dialed in guard together on the same floor can be.